Gorgeous George

Lauri Markkanen 2019-2020 Outlook

9 hours ago, Mikhov said:

Says its a Points league though, they should be better in that format

My bad then.   But if it’s a points league then I’m going to ignore as I, and most people, don’t play those for money. 

12 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

My bad then.   But if it’s a points league then I’m going to ignore as I, and most people, don’t play those for money. 

I 100% agree with what you said though; IDK why ‘experts’ who have the spotlight would play in a niche format instead of just sticking to the standard / prevalent ones (9 cat h2h / roto)

Though I guess it makes some inefficient popcorn machines more appealing

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mikhov said:

I 100% agree with what you said though; IDK why ‘experts’ who have the spotlight would play in a niche format instead of just sticking to the standard / prevalent ones (9 cat h2h / roto)

Though I guess it makes some inefficient popcorn machines more appealing

I think they’re trying to “diversify” to appeal to a wider base.  I’m actually playing in one money points league but they’ve modified the settings to me be more like 9 cat.  Idk why they don’t just play 9 cat but I play about 25 leagues so I can’t be too picky...just picking leagues with draft times that don’t conflict.  But it’s literally my first points league in a decade. Also, points leagues are pretty easy to figure out, you don’t need to draft it to give your an audience an example.  Just turn off the three efficiency cats in bbm and you have a points league...Basically. 

• Like 1

Getting yoked means he theoretically won't get pushed off of rebounds as easily as last year, and will be better at backing down smaller players to create a 12-15 foot Dirk fadeaway for himself rather than an 18-footer. Little things that can make a huge difference. He is much more athletic than people realize and if the Bulls actually run this year like Boylen says they will, that extra easy bucket per game may be enough to vault his FG% into acceptable territory.

Yeah he could have a straight repeat of last year which would be a little bit of a bummer. But he might also make another leap and be a 23-10 guy that gives you 2.5-2.8 threes a game. Lack of stocks is not enough to scare me away from that ceiling. I still think Lavine and WCJ have a better chance to be absolute monster top 20-25 fantasy breakout guys, and Otto has a safer floor, but Lauri is a good value around his current ADP.

• Like 1

i made that judgment based off the turds in this thread.

if he gets center eligibility that increases his value more.

Not even sure if there's any point in saying "its only one game" since that should be obvious, and it is against a bad team, but the fact he got fed 25 shot attempts is a good sign

5 minutes ago, blazeh said:

Not even sure if there's any point in saying "its only one game" since that should be obvious, and it is against a bad team, but the fact he got fed 25 shot attempts is a good sign

if you’re actually watching it looks like he put in some major work this offseason 

hes gunna be a force to be reckoned with .. undeniably 

• Like 1

Year over year he has looked bigger, stronger, more confident. I love that he can shoot the rock but still has no hesitation going at the rim and getting physical. Why can't he go for 23 and 11 with a ton of threes? Would love some blocks, but he's gonna be a force regardless.

10 minutes ago, sleepysock said:

Year over year he has looked bigger, stronger, more confident. I love that he can shoot the rock but still has no hesitation going at the rim and getting physical. Why can't he go for 23 and 11 with a ton of threes? Would love some blocks, but he's gonna be a force regardless.

skys the limit .. dude tryna reach superstar status off top 

I think he can seriously be an All-Star within 2 years if the Bulls get their Ws up. 

Wish I owned him in 1 of my 3 teams. I might try and trade for him just because I love his game. 

3 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

I think he can seriously be an All-Star within 2 years if the Bulls get their Ws up. 

Wish I owned him in 1 of my 3 teams. I might try and trade for him just because I love his game. 

2 years? if he plays like this he’s an all-star rn 

11 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

if you’re actually watching it looks like he put in some major work this offseason 

hes gunna be a force to be reckoned with .. undeniably 

Lol just watched his highlights this morning, and I gotta say he passes the eye test. Kinda just expected him to be hitting spot up catch and shoots and roll man layups, but he's out there bringing the ball up like a point forward and creating his own looks.

He also had a slick assist in there where he drew the defensive attention and kicked it out like a point guard, which surprised me since I didnt draft him expecting any kind of assist production. Lol he only had 2 at the end of the day so I still dont really expect assist production, but it maybe more speaks to how smoothly the guy handles the ball as a big.

Still only 1 game, but the eye test is super encouraging. Definately had the 'look' of a star in how he got his points, as opposed to some stretch 4 spotup type

• Like 1

Did he play significant mins at the 5? Would love the extra tag on him

55 minutes ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

He'll get the points and rebounds but when his shot isn't falling he's going to have some putrid efficiency.

This is true. Missed shots seem to have a terrible effect on your FG%. 

• Haha 2

On 10/24/2019 at 7:40 AM, MLL said:

Voted as well, come on gaiz, vote please, my fantasy team depends on it.