Gorgeous George

Lauri Markkanen 2019-2020 Outlook

7 minutes ago, LosingEffort said:

I think second part of the season could be even worst with Bulls in tank mode

I'm not as concerned about that. The Bulls are bad enough that they don't have to rest anyone to lose games. They're doing just fine at that as is.

Even if they start intentionally tanking and DNP'ing players, usually that also includes just giving young prospects free reign to chuck while the vets sit. Porter and Lavine are more likely to sit than Lauri in that scenario, since he has more room to develop than those 2

9 hours ago, ROTY said:

2 pathways for him to start crushing again. Zach/Wendell injury or Boylen firing. I'd prefer the latter. I do however dont think he will get any worse. 

I actually thought Wendell might be the problem, but I've seen them try to work together on the court a couple times, attempting some interior passes. Yeah Lauri won't get all the boards, but he can't play C for anymore than spot minutes.

It's Zach and Coby White IMO, green lights for days.

Edited by SkalChriston

23 hours ago, blazeh said:

I'm not as concerned about that. The Bulls are bad enough that they don't have to rest anyone to lose games. They're doing just fine at that as is.

Even if they start intentionally tanking and DNP'ing players, usually that also includes just giving young prospects free reign to chuck while the vets sit. Porter and Lavine are more likely to sit than Lauri in that scenario, since he has more room to develop than those 2

but you have to consider if they start tanking in second half of the season they'll be even more cautious with injuries and rests
and Markkanen is injury prone

This bulls team is a dumpster fire under Boylen.  I'm not sure if Lauri is going to "bounce back" in fact he might be on the verge of losing minutes to Gafford in Boylen's oddball rotation.

This dude is terrible all season beside the first match

2 minutes ago, SolariNatividad said:

You really like the fact that he is still taking shots, but darn, he cannot make any of them and been forcing shots.

I mean did they play a totally different Hornets team in the first game, holy lol.

I didn't expect the same performance, but there must have been something that was working in that game.

I'm not losing hope in him as much as the Bulls situation and Boylen putting them in positions to succeed. Seems like every game they're just relying on someone to get hot no sense of progression or growth. 

I hope they lose this game.

Lau

2 hours ago, atrium said:

Just wow. He's actually worse than waiver wire material

This guy is definitely a hold. but lets be real though he might not reach close to his projected ceiling this year plus his touches are even down this year. But still way too early! so HOLD!

Soft as puppy ish. Lauri needs to find himself on the quick.

Edited by silianrail

Thad Young significantly outplaying him so far. But the season is not over in November. More than enough time to start clicking. 

His first game of the season was such a tease. Bust of the year material straight after

I don't think its out of the realm of the possibility that Boylen gets fired midseason though. Signs are that he's already lost the team

• Thanks 1

Other than Portland (and maybe Detroit, but they've got an excuse due to injuries), Chicago has been the biggest underperformer this year. Prayers up that Boylen gets kicked to the curb.