Gorgeous George

Lauri Markkanen 2019-2020 Outlook

Getting flashbacks to having Vucevic in 2016ish, absolute nightmare to start the season.

He managed to salvage it though, and that's all I can hope for now.

I. Am. Disappointed. 

Might. Be. My. Biggest. Draft. Regret. 

Dejounte. Murray. Is. Keeping. This. Guy. From. The. Frontrunner. 

7 hours ago, ginocan said:

I. Am. Disappointed. 

Might. Be. My. Biggest. Draft. Regret. 

Dejounte. Murray. Is. Keeping. This. Guy. From. The. Frontrunner. 

Funny. I'm suffering with these two as well. We will see if patience is a virtue.

• Like 2

Can't believe it's come to this, but is anyone else thinking of dropping him in standard size leagues? I'm not quite there yet, but I'm looking at his production and realizing that if this was a waiver wire pickup I'd have already dropped him by now, and that might be the definition of the sunk cost fallacy.

I know he for sure wouldn't clear waivers, and I keep reminding myself that there's a reason why we expected him to have top 50 value this year, but unless Boylen gets fired or he's been playing through injury this whole time, I'm not sure when it becomes unrealistic to expect a turnaround

15 hours ago, blazeh said:

Can't believe it's come to this, but is anyone else thinking of dropping him in standard size leagues? I'm not quite there yet, but I'm looking at his production and realizing that if this was a waiver wire pickup I'd have already dropped him by now, and that might be the definition of the sunk cost fallacy.

I know he for sure wouldn't clear waivers, and I keep reminding myself that there's a reason why we expected him to have top 50 value this year, but unless Boylen gets fired or he's been playing through injury this whole time, I'm not sure when it becomes unrealistic to expect a turnaround

I think everyone is, but you just can't, as most of us took him in round 4 to 6.

Look at it this way, if he was dropped and you were an opposing team, would you take a shot at him, and drop your worst guy for him? The answer is yes, 100%. 

There's just too much potential, and he showed it his first game, where he had 35pts &17rbs. 

To be honest, I'm just wondering if I keep him on my bench until he returns to form, because he's more hurting my team than helping...

actually he's in the ww in two leagues I play and nobody has courage to pick him up
owners who dropped him are last in standings 😂 

1 hour ago, LosingEffort said:

actually he's in the ww in two leagues I play and nobody has courage to pick him up

What's the size of the league?

1 hour ago, LosingEffort said:

Wow really. I have never really seen it with him, but if he was sitting on my wire even I would still pick him up and just put him on my bench to see if I am wrong and he eventually put it together.

Drafting him is one thing, but picking him up for free is a no risk proposition.

On the wire in my 8-man. If I were a punt FG team I'd take a chance on him, but he's nuking that cat right now.

I'm considering dropping in a 10 team league, once all my players are healthy again I might have to make the move to make space.

I'm getting flashbacks to Brook Lopez in LA though, where I held until about January, then dropped, then he suddenly turned it around and was a top 40 player for the last 6 weeks or so of the season.

2 hours ago, JStyles said:

I'm considering dropping in a 10 team league, once all my players are healthy again I might have to make the move to make space.

I'm getting flashbacks to Brook Lopez in LA though, where I held until about January, then dropped, then he suddenly turned it around and was a top 40 player for the last 6 weeks or so of the season.

Omg that Brook season caused me many nightmares. Ended up trading him for Serge, then the obvious Brook resurgence happened. 

Fantasy Gods, please let this be the breakout game.

What's more amazing is Kings have been playing well and usually shutdown PF's and 3pts, according to defense vs position.

mmm picked up after last game but I'm not convinced things will turn around definetely.
finally good FG% but still I'm worried by rebounds

Edited by LosingEffort

Everyone getting excited on 20-7 stat line that should be considered  a quiet game for lauri. If this is considered a good game for lauri then im still worried

• Like 1

Nothing's changed. That offense is just so stagnant. Blame Boylan. His whole system is set in the past. No adjustments, no plays. Just bang it out and iso. They win when Zach gets hot. And Zach and Boylen are also squabbling. 

This team, on paper, has better talent than this. But nothing will change until Boylan is fired. And he is untouchable with that extension. Guys, I had lowball offers out on Lauri, but I think I just talked myself into cancelling them. Gotta run.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, David2001 said:

Everyone getting excited on 20-7 stat line that should be considered  a quiet game for lauri. If this is considered a good game for lauri then im still worried

dead cat bounce imo.  he still looks lethargic.  made a few more shots the last couple games but in this offense that's all he is.

8 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

dead cat bounce imo.  he still looks lethargic.  made a few more shots the last couple games but in this offense that's all he is.

I was going to say the exact same words. Note Memphis is tied for #24 in defensive ranking as a team. I'm glad for Lauri, but if you look in his eyes, you see fear. Like a hostage. Boylen may cause irreparable harm. I'm not even kidding.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, David2001 said:

Well the boards may not comeback because Wendell is not as generous as the established veteran ROLO was, young guy still growing and needs those numbers.

Rolo and Otto seem to be constants in a lot of Lauri's good games last year. At least one of them is still there.

Otto is probably the only person less assertive and more passive than Lauri, my hope is if he comes back and starts playing well, the ball will start swinging a little more, forcing Lauri in a position to be more aggressive again, but with with the spacing that Hutchinson, Shaq Harrison and Dunn won't provide.