sjm76

Tyrell Williams 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Not sure about other people but I'm gonna try to stick him in my IR slot when he's declared out for the week.  If your league has an IR slot, try to stash him there for the time being.

Sadly dont have one but might hold anyways. Waiver is thin (jaron brown, corey davis, agholor, and DT best options)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The plantar fasciitis is a big blow, but I'm a firm believer and will hold onto him. The Raiders/Carr look decent on offense. They can move the ball, Waller and Jacobs both looking like real deals. Tyrell is their WR1 by default and clearly their #1 RZ target. Carr has always been a decent RZ passer. I remember Crabtree being a great TD bet for years. Tyrell is bigger and faster than Crab.

Schedule is good down the stretch and when Tyrell gets finally healthy, he can give you a boost or at least quality depth if you are stacked at WR. I don't think you can find better than him on the WW.

Edited by frog34
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, blacryan said:

Since Tyrell is probably going to be out? Who is going to really benefit? Renfrow? Zay jones? 

 

Tough to say.  Renfrow leads the team in WR targets that haven't gone to Williams.  Jones is just completely an unknown his first game in the offense.  How "up" on the playbook is he to contribute a full load?  And he obviously has minimal time with Carr (though Renfrow's just a rookie).

If I had to guess, Waller's already large target share ticks up slightly.  Renfrow's share probably jumps enough to expect decent volume if they are in a lot of passing situations.  I wouldn't feel good about playing anyone else.  For me, it's:

Waller: must start TE, as always
Renfrow: around WR40 this week, can be used in deep PPR leagues.  (I'm likely firing him up in a 14-team dynasty league where around 300 offensive players are owned and I have Williams.)
Zay Jones: desperation dart throw, and outside of really deep leagues I'd be surprised if a team would have to start him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plantar fasciitis recovery times are highly variable... is anyone else in a tight situation with injuries / bye weeks and heavily debating dropping him?

He could be back next week, could miss 2-3 more weeks, or could be out for a month+. Nobody can say for sure since we don't know about his specific case. Rolling the dice either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

Plantar fasciitis recovery times are highly variable... is anyone else in a tight situation with injuries / bye weeks and heavily debating dropping him?

He could be back next week, could miss 2-3 more weeks, or could be out for a month+. Nobody can say for sure since we don't know about his specific case. Rolling the dice either way.

 

Well currently I’m trying to drop him for Diontae Johnson who was just dropped. However I honestly am debating cancelling the request. Tyrell has looked good and has looked awesome in the red zone. If this issue clears up we might regret dropping but I feel you. It’s tempting because this issue could end his year or he could be back in a week. From what I know this is acute which makes me think he may return sooner rather than later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MellamoMike said:

 

Well currently I’m trying to drop him for Diontae Johnson who was just dropped. However I honestly am debating cancelling the request. Tyrell has looked good and has looked awesome in the red zone. If this issue clears up we might regret dropping but I feel you. It’s tempting because this issue could end his year or he could be back in a week. From what I know this is acute which makes me think he may return sooner rather than later. 

Yeah, I decided to keep him, even though it means I have to start him this week regardless of him playing or not. I figure if you can get past the week where you have bye week/injury trouble, then you can afford to wait it out with him afterwards. Thats my situation this week, we can only cross our fingers that it's not longer term planter fasciitis

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts on Tyrell rest of season?  [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, ColoWrex said:

Thoughts on Tyrell rest of season?  [...]

If healthy I think he’s a top 25 WR the rest of the way the Raiders schedule is really easy from here on out and he’s by far the number 1 other than Waller.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like the OL is coming together.  RG Gabe Jackson returned last week and it made a big difference.  Carr wasn't sacked a single time by Green Bay.  Now they're getting back RT Trent Brown.  This is huge because Carr is worthless without protection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

It looks like the OL is coming together.  RG Gabe Jackson returned last week and it made a big difference.  Carr wasn't sacked a single time by Green Bay.  Now they're getting back RT Trent Brown.  This is huge because Carr is worthless without protection.

Also Houston's weak secondary could be down both their top CBs for this game.  I just added Tyrell last night and gonna roll him out over Boyd, he's been a TD a game when he's played so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2019 at 6:44 PM, ColoWrex said:

Thoughts on Tyrell rest of season?  [...]

WR2/3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dude is money for a TD a game. Totally unsustainable, but maybe it's not. I'm definitely glad I rolled the dice on him today.  Sked is pretty favorable too going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my league he's averaging over 13 PPG, which is good for #7 WR overall.  So, a mid-level WR1.

Let's pray that Rodney Hudson doesn't go on IR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone firing him up for tonight’s game? Put up a bit of a dud last week so hoping for a bounce back.

 

also, could this be a revenge game vs his old team? That’s why I like him this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm assuming he's going to be pretty widely started due to the bye-pocalypse. The Chargers are about to get massacred by Jacobs so hopefully Williams can get some RZ looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My main concern here is Casey Hayward. Anyone know if he's the type of CB to shadow the #1 WR all game? Or does he usually stick to one side of the field?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly 3 catches in 5 straight games now, these lines looked better when he was scoring every game. Probably better than anyone on waivers but I don’t think I can confidently start him at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ilikepieman said:

Exactly 3 catches in 5 straight games now, these lines looked better when he was scoring every game. Probably better than anyone on waivers but I don’t think I can confidently start him at this point.

Starting with non-confidence this week.  The floor is low but I think he has a good chance for a TD against the horrible Cinci D as there should be a lot of scoring opportunities for the Raiders.  I'm just worried about the passing distribution there now, and Jacobs feasting this week.  But my options are so slim so I gotta roll him out.  This game would seem on paper to be a ceiling type of game for Williams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.