sjm76

Tyrell Williams 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

WR1 this season. 80/1300/12.

I'm not quite as bullish but he should indeed easily finish in WR2 territory. Tyrell always had the talent but was a bit raw, yet still producing on raw ability alone. Watching him last year and in this preseason, he seems to has worked on the technical part of his game. I think you can still get him for flex value because he's vastly underrated.

My prediction is 70/1100/8. Carr is an underrated RZ passer, even when his game was off in the past he found Crabtree often on backshoulder fades and quick slants. In 3 years Crabtree's TD count was 9 8 8. Tyrell has a shot to score 10+ TDs if they develop some RZ chemistry.

16 hours ago, griffin727 said:

I'm surprised he hasn't gotten as much buzz in general. Everyone is hooting and hollering over stone hands John Ross and others when this dude has already had success in the past, and is now the #1 target on what could be a very productive offense.

Smart managers wouldve scooped him up last week if he was still available.

Not saying it's going to end up killing his week like it kind of did with Mike Evans in Week 1 (plus awful QB play), but still surprised Rotowire/ESPN was the only place I saw this at all...

Williams was a limited practice participant Friday due to an illness but doesn't have a designation for Sunday's game versus the Chiefs.

The lack of a designation would lead you to believe that it's nothing to worry about, and that's probably the way to think, but this might be just enough to sway a person who was going to bench somebody they maybe shouldn't have just to play Williams from doing so.  I still expect him to have a solid game once again though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chrismikayla said:

Im starting him over Golladay. I don't trust the Lions offense.

Ew.  You drafted Golladay for a reason. Start him

I was hoping for more yesterday, but can't complain at all.  He did outperform Mike Evans, just like I though he would.  I was encouraged that Carr kept looking for him in the end zone.  He had the 1 TD in the end zone, and Carr threw an interception in the end zone, looking for Ty, but Ty apparently thought it would be a run and didn't make a play for the ball.  The CB broke off from the block and made a nice interception.  We're going to have to wait for the target data, but his end zone targets the last couple weeks is promising for long term value.  

On 9/12/2019 at 11:35 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

cosign that .... if the kid stays healthy he's gonna  easily crack top 20. 

I'm a little worried about him this week. On NFL Network they were saying to bench him as the Vikings are good at takinng away the deep pass.

I tentatively have him benched this week.

Yes, Vikings are a bad matchup, especially if Xavier Rhodes shadows Tyrell.  And Tyrell has a hip pointer.

• Like 1

Are we starting him against the Vikings? I've got Frank Gore and Mike Williams in the wings and leaning Gore but our boy Tyrell is making me second guess myself. 

18 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

No.

That said if he does have a good game against Rhodes it'll be hard to sit him moving forward.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Nap Time said:

No.

Rhodes is coasting on reputation and is massively overrated/inconsistent. Deploy Tyrell as you normally would. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Rhodes is coasting on reputation and is massively overrated/inconsistent. Deploy Tyrell as you normally would. 

He’s not a shadow corner either any longer. The Raiders have no other receivers to throw to that they can trust than Williams. And Waller and Jacobs will pull plenty of coverage. I say fire him up.

Edited by MrPositive

6 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Rhodes has had a couple of pretty tough match ups the first two weeks. There are a lot of cornerbacks in the league that can't cover J.Jones, D. Adams and Ridley. 

It will be interesting to see how this matchup goes this week.

2 hours ago, rabaak said:

Rhodes has had a couple of pretty tough match ups the first two weeks. There are a lot of cornerbacks in the league that can't cover J.Jones, D. Adams and Ridley. 

It will be interesting to see how this matchup goes this week.

It was the same thing last year, he hasn't been elite since he got paid

2 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

It was the same thing last year, he hasn't been elite since he got paid

Probably doesn't belong in this thread. But Rhodes played hurt a lot of last year

Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes is healthy now. He obviously hopes that remains the case, but if not, he might not try to play through injuries the way he did last season. 

Rhodes missed two games in 2018 while having foot and groin issues and also was hampered during the season by hamstring and hip problems. He said it was unwise playing at times when he was injured.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, rabaak said:

Probably doesn't belong in this thread. But Rhodes played hurt a lot of last year

Vikings cornerback Xavier Rhodes is healthy now. He obviously hopes that remains the case, but if not, he might not try to play through injuries the way he did last season. 

Rhodes missed two games in 2018 while having foot and groin issues and also was hampered during the season by hamstring and hip problems. He said it was unwise playing at times when he was injured.

He got paid before 2017. Wasn't elite that year either. I don't need to keep doing this with you, bud. If you were going to play Tyrell in the average week, play him. If you were going to sit him, sit him.

1 minute ago, drisser said:

Thoughts on him this week? Snagged another TD last week. 3 weeks in a row with a score.

Keenan Allen and Julio Jones have done well against them.  Calvin Ridley and Mike Williams have...not.  Titans game is probably irrelevant for WR observations.

Anybody have anymore insight into positional matchups?

• Like 1