Trench Mob

Draymond Green 2019-2020 Outlook

You guys are picking up the biggest scrubs to replace Dray haha it’s crazy. I’d rather wait until he strings a few good games. Surely he has 3-4 good games in a row.

Well I guess this answers the question about how Draymond would look on a team where he's the best player.  Oof.  Dude has been exposed.  At least he got his money.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 2:20 AM, sixers11 said:

I don't know if he's just out of shape,  doesn't care or what. But he looks totally washed. I'd be surprised if he plays more than another 10 games this season.  

I mean, let's not get ridiculous.  You think he's just gonna quit? Get real.  

That said, I've never been much of a Draymond fan.  Much of his value is tied to his assists and blocks.  He got so many easy dimes with Steph, Klay, and KD coming off screens and he would just swing the ball to elite jump shooters.  No surprise his numbers are down without that luxury.

And its also a lot easier to play help D and get blocks on a great team as opposed to a poor one.

I didnt consider keeping or drafting him at all this year but also wouldnt drop him yet in all but the shallowest of leagues b/c he does still offer some across the board value.

But yeah, dude is not good and IMO was always a little overrated in real life.  Fantasy wise, he's obviously not nearly as effective without elite pieces around him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vyun said:

Not a little. He has been one of THE MOST OVERRATED REAL LIFE NBA PLAYERS EVER. MFer compares himself to legends like Rodman and Big Ben. Absolutely laughable. He's a trash player with a trash attitude. Glad to see he's finally getting exposed and getting his comeuppance. Too bad it's KD Klay and Steph injured not this punk. At least he got his money though. GS is gonna regret that for the next half decade

Don't be stupid. It's the NBA. Draymond has 3 rings, a DPOY, and has been a defensive glue for their championship runs. He plays the 5 and allows them to play the way they do. His game fits perfectly with the splash brothers, and it was mandatory to give him that contract, for 2 reasons: 

1) He was part of that historic championship run, going to the finals 5 straight years, and winning 3 rings. After being a 2nd round pick as well, and being a HUGE part of the Warriors culture. 

2) He's 29. Still has another 3-4 years of prime Green left, and the Warriors most definitely want to regroup with the Splash bros and Dray for another run in the next half decade before Klay and Steph become old too. 

• Like 2

hehe :D this guy has good defense tough but his arms are out of Wood which means he can`t shoot s---

but hes still a starter in every Team because of his defense and attitude which is just bad if you Play against him

but I hate this guy imagine Picking him over Siakam like I did :D

will never listen again to this "experts"

The problem with him IRL is his defense is slowly declining. It's not due to effort. It's just he's losing a step. He looked really off last season. This is just a carry over. Never anticipated him being this bad though.

He has had a number of seasons looking back where he starts off slow (first 15 or so games) and then picks things up. I’d wait and see what he does in December. I’m thinking he will get in to his groove around early December time period based on past seasons. 

Haven’t watched a Warriors game this season. Do they still have a death line-up? 

Without said line-up and considering wear and tear, it doesn’t seem like Dray will be able to get the blocks and boards consistently enough to salvage his value.

Was offered him and trying to figure out if he’s worth a proven top 40 guy at this point.

I'm surprised this dude was drafted so high. Even when he was winning rings and dpoy awards it was pretty obvious that he's extremely limited offensively and can't really generate his own shots at all. Having curry and klay and then kd meant that he could put all his effort on D and just pass the hall to 3 of the greatest shooters of all time. 

Now that he doesn't have that, he's being exposed for what he is - a really good role player that needs the absolute right team makeup and teammates to succeed in any way. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mikhov said:

Haven’t watched a Warriors game this season. Do they still have a death line-up? 

Without said line-up and considering wear and tear, it doesn’t seem like Dray will be able to get the blocks and boards consistently enough to salvage his value.

Was offered him and trying to figure out if he’s worth a proven top 40 guy at this point.

Death line-up?

I'm not sure they can even guard you or me in a pick n roll lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

he may be decent and serviceable but the the hard part is him getting consistent minutes if they continue to get blown out. 

24 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Death line-up?

I'm not sure they can even guard you or me in a pick n roll lol.

Point taken 😂

Was just wondering if they still run him at the 5 as the rim protector of a small ball loadout.

13 hours ago, Mikhov said:

Had been replaced by our 9 man "We Dead " line up 

• Haha 1

Now that we’re a few games in.

what would dray need to average for you to not consider him a complete and total bust?

honestly if he got me 12-10-4-1-1 a game I’d be happy. I kind of drafted him for these type of lines considering my build.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DonkeyGreen said:

hehe :D this guy has good defense tough but his arms are out of Wood which means he can`t shoot s---

but hes still a starter in every Team because of his defense and attitude which is just bad if you Play against him

but I hate this guy imagine Picking him over Siakam like I did :D

will never listen again to this "experts"

Yeah that was not good. Draymond was a 3rd round early 4th round guy. Siakam was 2nd.

19 minutes ago, Trade Monster said:

Yeah that was not good. Draymond was a 3rd round early 4th round guy. Siakam was 2nd.

Hogwash revisionist history.  For those of us who drafted before the season started, Siakam was going in the early 3rd round. I also picked Green over Siakam due to a run on centers, but refused to kick myself because that was the right pick at the time based on Green’s historical performance.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Walk with me said:

Now that we’re a few games in.

what would dray need to average for you to not consider him a complete and total bust?

honestly if he got me 12-10-4-1-1 a game I’d be happy. I kind of drafted him for these type of lines considering my build.

Same.  A shallow double double with some assists in a 1-1-1 would fit where I got him in the 4th.  

19 minutes ago, lcc_naga said:

got offered with markkanen and him for kuzma and bam. is this a good deal?

Hell yes! Bam is the best player easily in that deal and Kuzma is starting to get hot. Cut ties with Green ASAP 

Lotta Dray hate here. I disagree with it. He might not be a fantasy savior but on that GSW team he was a great player. During their championship runs, when steph or Klay or KD was out, the team didn’t miss a beat. But when Dray missed time, check out their record. They were a very inferior team without him. You add him to any team with talent and he will make them a contender.

1 hour ago, Aloon33 said:

Hell yes! Bam is the best player easily in that deal and Kuzma is starting to get hot. Cut ties with Green ASAP 

It's the other way around. I have kuz and bam. Was having second thoughts especially after reading this thread.

25 minutes ago, rotojoe said:

Lotta Dray hate here. I disagree with it. He might not be a fantasy savior but on that GSW team he was a great player. During their championship runs, when steph or Klay or KD was out, the team didn’t miss a beat. But when Dray missed time, check out their record. They were a very inferior team without him. You add him to any team with talent and he will make them a contender.

😂