Trench Mob

Draymond Green 2019-2020 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2019 season will be locked on 2020-06-14. Please finish any 2019 discussions here, and take any 2020 outlook discussions to the 2020 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

Anyone think he’s coming back this week? Haven’t seen any updates about tomorrow’s game. He was dropped in my 12T H2H league. He has a decent playoff schedule. But maybe I’m just enamored by the nostalgia of Green and not his actual stats. He’s been pretty terrible.

11 minutes ago, NoahsArc said:

Anyone think he’s coming back this week? Haven’t seen any updates about tomorrow’s game. He was dropped in my 12T H2H league. He has a decent playoff schedule. But maybe I’m just enamored by the nostalgia of Green and not his actual stats. He’s been pretty terrible.

Says he’s questionable. Really thought he was sitting out until Curry was back but he’s still out. Shouldn’t be rostered in any league at this point 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NoahsArc said:

Even if he's cleared to play at some point this week, there is no telling when he'll pick up another "injury" (*super sarcastic air quotes*).  If you desperately need some dependable production, Green is not your guy this year. 

The only scenario I'm holding him is where I have a bye locked up, to see if he returns soon and puts forth consistent effort with Curry back.  Even then I would be ready to drop if he misses another game.  

7 hours ago, NoahsArc said:

Nah he's already ruled out for Tuesday.  Yahoo was funny, putting vacation planning as a reason.  I'm just holding him in the IR in case he comes back and does his glue guy duty for a few weeks during the fantasy playoffs. 

• Thanks 1

I have to admit, Chuck’s response is hilarious. Lmao.

• Like 1

Just now, NoahsArc said:

Dray deserved it after disrespecting HoF Barkley inside and outside the nba

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Dray deserved it after disrespecting HoF Barkley inside and outside the nba

Barkley's a certified assclown.  He wouldn't be disrespected if he could stop saying dumb sh!t on national television, all the time. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, 80version said:

Barkley's a certified assclown.  He wouldn't be disrespected if he could stop saying dumb sh!t on national television, all the time. 

That's what they're paid to do as sports media/entertainment and tbf he hasn't exactly been wrong about Dray's play. Just because it's a lost season doesn't mean u don't play your hardest, players would kill to be in his position.

Edited by DezedandConfused

Posted (edited)

I totally agree with Sir Charles.  Green gave championship to the Cavs and was a huge factor in  pushing Durant out.   This season was his chance to show how great he is.

For self proclaimed "best defensive player ever" I had difficulties finding his name on the list: https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/dws_career.html 

238th, behind Kyle Korver (213) and Amar'e Stoudemire (230th)

Playoffs are better https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/dws_career_p.html

30th

Edited by Gile Pile

Posted (edited)

Draymond is a certified assclown.  Put peak Barkley on this rag tag group of Warriors and he has them in the playoffs.  This was his chance to prove to the critics that he is a max player and not simply someone who rides superstars' coattails and what does he do?  8 ppg on 38% fg....and has the audacity to use ring count as a measure of greatness.  The best player Barkley had was Dan Marjerle who didn't average more than 17ppg in his career.  Meanwhile Dray's donkey a** has had 3 future first ballot hall of famers.  Draymond not even 1/10th the player Barkley was.  Stfu

Edited by Fantasyscrub
  • Like 3

Dray doesn't understand that to get real respect he needs to put in the work all the time.  If he just wants to be a good starter, nobody is doubting him (OK this year he's not even really that but I digress).  If he wants to be all time anything, he better be doing it all the time, every season.  Dray's inconsistent, talks too much, and isn't a great teammate or leader.  Dubs should have traded Dray and kept Durant.  I'm sure if they said "Yo KD, we're trading Donkey a** Dray for a couple of second rounders because he disrespected you, we want you here" KD would have stayed.  Sit out a year for his achilles (which he busted up for them), and even 80% KD would have been championship worthy for the Dubs.  80% KD is still better than Wiggins.  Dray's shooting his worst FG% since his rookie year, and his 3pt % has regressed since year 4, his peak. 

He's unhappy that KD came in and put him a further peg down the rung.  It's understandable, but he's an idiot.  Hopefully he gets his act together next year.  Though that's debatable as he got his max contract starting next year.  Hope he doesn't feel empowered and make the Warriors a bunch of overpaid 30 something superstars. 

I'm hoping he takes this as fuel and dominates the remaining games.  Not holding my breath though LOL. 

12 hours ago, NoahsArc said:

Chuck also said his job is safe because Draymond have a face for radio. 

• Haha 1

On 3/15/2020 at 9:25 PM, stickman786 said:

Worth a pick up?

In dynasty where Golden State and Draymond will care against next year.

Draymond Green said his goal is to shoot 40 percent on 3-pointers in 2020.

Green said he's had to "restructure [his] jump shot" due to hip issues after the 2018 Finals, which impacted the way he jumps. "If I can get that back to above 36 percent [from downtown] -- possibly shoot 40 percent, which I know I'm more than capable of -- the league is in trouble again if I can do that. That's my goal." Green shot 38.8% from deep during the 2015-16 season, but since then he's never been above 30.8%. Whether or not he improves his accuracy from deep, the key for his fantasy value is simple -- staying healthy.

40% lolllllllll 

Lmao this a** clown thinks he can shoot above 40% when he's shot above league average in only one season 😂

Green is really good. I like green.

PS:  @Iron-cock you can't receive PMs. how am i supposed to send you crappy trade offers? 🤣

putting this here, so nobody notices.