Trench Mob

Draymond Green 2019-2020 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2019 season will be locked on 2020-06-14. Please finish any 2019 discussions here, and take any 2020 outlook discussions to the 2020 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

What happened to playoff dray....this guy is absolute trash....no kd no klay...would think he stuffs the stat sheet...playing like a pedestrian 😑

Ehh I’ll take this line considering the injury and facing the legit clippers defense. He managed to salvage it a bit minus the stocks.

Chalk this dud up to missing the 1st quarter and the team being down 30 most of the 2nd half. Warriors looked atrocious on the whole, so there's no concern that somebody's about to break out and crush his season. Let's just be grateful the injury wasn't as bad as it looked when he went to the locker room - I was thinking about how to replace his stats, and there's just no way.

Was feeling Draymond would see a bump in usage/points/rebounds/assists this year but might be dead wrong. Maybe can't handle being the number 2 guy.

1 minute ago, freddo said:

Was feeling Draymond would see a bump in usage/points/rebounds/assists this year but might be dead wrong. Maybe can't handle being the number 2 guy.

He's their number 1 guy in a variety of ways. The problem is he thrives offensively as a facilitator for shooters, and this team is going to struggle from deep this year. That hurts his playmaking potential, but scoring volume will naturally rise. He put up 11 points in a blowout, which is already a few more than last year's average. The team needs him too much on both ends for his minutes/usage to be in jeopardy.

I'm more worried about his stocks. If those can hold steady, so does his value.

4 minutes ago, mattshhh said:

He's their number 1 guy in a variety of ways. The problem is he thrives offensively as a facilitator for shooters, and this team is going to struggle from deep this year. That hurts his playmaking potential, but scoring volume will naturally rise. He put up 11 points in a blowout, which is already a few more than last year's average. The team needs him too much on both ends for his minutes/usage to be in jeopardy.

I'm more worried about his stocks. If those can hold steady, so does his value.

DLo and Curry. Poole was at least willing to shoot as was Glenn Robinson. Maybe playing alongside WCS instead of Looney will help him.

44 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

DLo and Curry. Poole was at least willing to shoot as was Glenn Robinson. Maybe playing alongside WCS instead of Looney will help him.

Maybe, only saw 6 minutes of Looney/Green today. Last year they worked pretty well actually, had the best netRTG of all regular duos.

either gonna thrive with less mouths or gonna prove he was a product of his environment. not panicking due to injury and clippers d.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ssolitare said:

I'm gonna have to just sell him I think.

I already did that last week for DeRozan . Berry happy

They need shooters. What possessed them to sign these scrubs????????? They thought they could turn trash into a gem. LAWL

33. The way my team's shaping up, I'm only relying on him as a garbage man for non-scoring stats so I'm not panicking yet. As hard as it is to fathom, it's only been two games and chances are one or two of their scrubs will be able to hit shots. All things considered, an 11 / 6 / 2 / 2 in 26 mins ain't the end of the world. In competitive games he'll probably get pushed over 35 mins due to rest from blowouts. It's a ridiculous way for me to be optimistic about a bad situation but i'm trying

Got him in a trade in which my trade partner got him at 39 and I drafted him at 42.  I actually think he’s doing ok (you’re much better off having him than Otto or even Roco atm).  It’s somewhat encouraging that all of his numbers are a tiny bit down across the board which is indicative of playing time/warming up.  Only concern is 0 blocks. 

thought he was gonna eat without kd but shoulda known with lack of weapons he's dependent on. still not bad stats just not putting up value. got him 4th round over whiteside, randle, porzingis, kevin love

• Like 2

He’ll be fine, they’ve only played 2 games and both were blowouts on their side. 

He definitely won’t be able to be as reliable on assists due to less reliable shooters on the team right now, but it’s a long season. WCS and Looney coming back will help a lot. He still got two steals and the blocks will come too. Unless you get a fair return, it’s a terrible idea selling him right now as well. 

type of line i expect when they play small ball or he plays center. gonna be interesting now when WCS or whoever comes back.