Trench Mob

Draymond Green 2019-2020 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2019 season will be locked on 2020-06-14. Please finish any 2019 discussions here, and take any 2020 outlook discussions to the 2020 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

It's funny how the very thing that drove us to believe his value would rise (lack of other offensive options) has now been taken to the extreme (no Steph) and consequently shattered his value.

Maybe funny's the wrong word

Traded him away with AG for Sabonis and Conley a few days ago, think I’m feeling much better about that now 

3 minutes ago, m1dday said:

Traded him away with AG for Sabonis and Conley a few days ago, think I’m feeling much better about that now 

wow,you win the trade by a mile,AG and Green suck so far this season

I've said this a couple other places, but picking up Paschall as a prospective Dray handcuff may help ease the blow when he sits or plays 20 mins. Completely different stats, and the experiment could fail, or Paschall becomes a steady efficient scorer on a depleted roster.

If not him, you'll still want to take a long look at the Warriors. DLo probably doesn't see full minutes this year either, so there's an outrageous amount of counting stats waiting to be scooped up.

We're at the 5 minute mark and a timeout. GSW has played well against SAS so far. Whether or not they keep Draymond in is a huge indication of what to expect moving forward...

2 minutes ago, mattshhh said:

We're at the 5 minute mark and a timeout. GSW has played well against SAS so far. Whether or not they keep Draymond in is a huge indication of what to expect moving forward...

Well they left him in, yet I don't feel any less awful about the situation.

Best case scenario is that they keep games competitive early and convince Kerr to think twice about benching him.

Chriss is playing pretty well. Active on the boards.  Wonder how his minutes and Paschall will work with Green on games/minutes restrictions.

8 minutes ago, mattshhh said:

Well they left him in, yet I don't feel any less awful about the situation.

Best case scenario is that they keep games competitive early and convince Kerr to think twice about benching him.

Just wishful thinking man. He's gonna play less this year and sit more games. Plain and simple.

1 minute ago, HK-47 said:

Just wishful thinking man. He's gonna play less this year and sit more games. Plain and simple.

There's no question about that. But don't forget that the Warriors are so lacking in production that his per-minute value should remain elite. The question is whether we're looking at 20-minute Dray or 28-minute Dray. He's on pace for 30+ tonight. 

Just now, mattshhh said:

There's no question about that. But don't forget that the Warriors are so lacking in production that his per-minute value should remain elite. The question is whether we're looking at 20-minute Dray or 28-minute Dray. He's on pace for 30+ tonight. 

I mean he’s not gonna play just 20 a night man but it’s gonna be hard to predict what you’re getting game to game...or when he sits. Tonight really isn’t an indicator of anything. Situation simply isn’t good for rest of this year and we know it.

1 minute ago, HK-47 said:

I mean he’s not gonna play just 20 a night man but it’s gonna be hard to predict what you’re getting game to game...or when he sits. Tonight really isn’t an indicator of anything. Situation simply isn’t good for rest of this year and we know it.

I'm not pretending Dray finishes near his ADP. But he just put up a 19-minute half with 6 pts 7 rebs 5 ast 2 triples... that's peak Draymond. He hasn't regressed as an athlete. And the game is close, so decent chance that minutes restriction doesn't rear its head tonight.

Won't happen every night, but dude's healthy and likely fueled by a desire to play 4th quarters. Better than owning Steph

5 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Pray for that triple double and send out 20+ offers hoping an owner hasn’t seen the reports. 

Yeahhh might do that. Doubt I'll get anything considering the Warriors have received a lot of attention for sucking this much.

Edited by mattshhh

52 minutes ago, mattshhh said:

I'm not pretending Dray finishes near his ADP. But he just put up a 19-minute half with 6 pts 7 rebs 5 ast 2 triples... that's peak Draymond. He hasn't regressed as an athlete. And the game is close, so decent chance that minutes restriction doesn't rear its head tonight.

Won't happen every night, but dude's healthy and likely fueled by a desire to play 4th quarters. Better than owning Steph

Well yeah one guy is out at least 3 months so of course you want the guy that isn’t. Just saying this game isn’t gonna tell you much in regards to playing time and whatnot. Owning him won’t be fun. That’s all.

Edited by HK-47

3 hours ago, kane said:

GSW tank mode on

Did anyone bother to ask who tf is reporting this? People acting like this tweet with 1 like is trustworthy lol

1 hour ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Pray for that triple double and send out 20+ offers hoping an owner hasn’t seen the reports. 

This.  And good screen name.  Sonics baby!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Walk with me said:

Did anyone bother to ask who tf is reporting this? People acting like this tweet with 1 like is trustworthy lol

it’s legit news. BR made headlines of it.

Just an absolute disaster of a fantasy pick, no matter where you got him.  I didn't think it would be possible for his numbers to drop much more beyond what they were last season but seriously starting to believe he'll be worse. 

So disappointed in the warriors lack of competing..they just tanked the season I feel like rage dropping this clown Draymond. He’s going to be annoying to own