bomont

Cam Newton 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, dicka24 said:

Cam will be the QB when he's healthy and returns.  If he's on your wire and have a need I'd pick him up this week (they have the bye) cuz he will be harder to add going into week 8 if he's named the starter.

And that will finally get Rivera fired. sCam is garbage and done as an farce that he has been in the NFL. If he can't run, he's a zero.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His career ended in Super Bowl 50, and anyone expecting usable fantasy stats from this clown would better off with Minshew Mania, Darnold, or a handful of other waiver options

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Cam hate is at an all-time high. It's become laughable.

In 2017 he was 3rd in points among still active QBs. (4th with Alex Smith)

Last year he was TERRIBLE, and had he not missed the last 2 games, he would have STILL been 5th in points among active QBs. (7th with Big Ben and Luck)

Newton may be a bad real life football QB, but this is a FANTASY FOOTBALL FORUM. Can Newton is still a great fantasy football play when he's healthy and can run.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cam will bounce back.  It doesn't matter how great a QB you are, when your lead foot is injured, you lose control of the throw.  Even Mahomes hasn't looked as good, with a sprained left ankle -- passes have been sailing more.  He's merely good vs out of this world.  Once Cams' foot has healed, and there's no rush to come back, with how well the team has been doing, he'll play a lot better.  Everyone who drafted him is disappointed, including me, but there's no point in holding a grudge with the guy.    

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion, the problem is that he isn’t going to be w Carolina long term. There’s no rush. No rush from him to come back, no rush to get him back from the team, no rushing attempts if he does come back. Why risk health if you don’t feel a connection w the franchise? I want to be optimistic about ROS, I really do.. It fades as time goes on

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Wow, those are great stats from two years ago. He doesn't run = he's worthless in fantasy

Hard to run with a Lisfranc injury, but what do I know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheINC said:

Hard to run with a Lisfranc injury, but what do I know?

Especially when you are 30+ years old but keep holding out hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ball So Hard said:

 

Last year he was TERRIBLE, and had he not missed the last 2 games, he would have STILL been 5th in points among active QBs. (7th with Big Ben and Luck)

 

He was killing it last year until TJ Watt destroyed his shoulder in week 9.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Especially when you are 30+ years old but keep holding out hope

Right because 30 year old QBs never have success 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TheINC said:

Right because 30 year old QBs never have success 🙄

Running the ball?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The overwhelming hate in here is giving me hope that he can come back and be a good fantasy QB.

 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tim14125 said:

Doesn't seem like he ever came all the way back from the shoulder injury either

his shoulder seemed pretty solid when he played this season. Was overthrowing alot of the time so strength seems to be there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

The overwhelming hate in here is giving me hope that he can come back and be a good fantasy QB.

 

 

Yeah, I picked him up for free off my waivers.

Have never liked the guy and not expecting much as he might very well be done.  But, he's only 30 and has pretty consistently been a top fantasy QB when not injured.  Granted though, a lot of that hinged on his legs and with CMC around, he doesn't need to run anymore.

I kinda think he could still be capable of being a decent QB2 though.  I mean, as I look around the rosters in my 14 team league it's not pretty for some teams at QB.  I mean, one guy has Brissett and Minshew.  Another has Dalton and Flacco.  Another has Keenum and Rudolph.  That's some sorry QB's....Cam could maybe be the #1 guy for any of those teams.

I'd probably bet that Allen starts coming out of the bye against the 49ers though.  Really no reason to make a switch when they're winning.  Although, I think that speaks volumes as to how they really feel about Newton.  I mean, are the Saints gonna keep riding Bridgewater when Brees is ready just because they've won?  No way....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

 

Yeah, I picked him up for free off my waivers.

Have never liked the guy and not expecting much as he might very well be done.  But, he's only 30 and has pretty consistently been a top fantasy QB when not injured.  Granted though, a lot of that hinged on his legs and with CMC around, he doesn't need to run anymore.

I kinda think he could still be capable of being a decent QB2 though.  I mean, as I look around the rosters in my 14 team league it's not pretty for some teams at QB.  I mean, one guy has Brissett and Minshew.  Another has Dalton and Flacco.  Another has Keenum and Rudolph.  That's some sorry QB's....Cam could maybe be the #1 guy for any of those teams.

I'd probably bet that Allen starts coming out of the bye against the 49ers though.  Really no reason to make a switch when they're winning.  Although, I think that speaks volumes as to how they really feel about Newton.  I mean, are the Saints gonna keep riding Bridgewater when Brees is ready just because they've won?  No way....

I honestly think that changing his diet caused problems. There is nothing wrong with being a vegan, but at his age and being an athlete I don't think it was wise to change his diet like that. Everything was working and then as soon as he changes that routine his body breaks down. And as long as Kyle Allen is winning, Cam will ride the bench. The difference between Cam and Brees is Cam was already playing like 💩, while Bridgewater is not playing to Brees' level. But a legend like Brees doesn't lose his job regardless. Cam is Cam.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never been a Newton fan from a real football POV.  He isn't an accurate thrower of the football and imo he's always been overrated by his statistics and fantasy success.  In the NFL accuracy is everything (especially in the playoffs).  That being said the notion that Newton is "done" is naive.  He's 30, not 40, and was pretty good until he got injured last year.  I fully expect him to be the starter if he can get healthy after the bye.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Running the ball?

I forgot QBs are actually RBs right? I guess Ryan, Brady, and pretty much any non running QB over 30 is done too according to your logic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TheINC said:

I forgot QBs are actually RBs right? I guess Ryan, Brady, and pretty much any non running QB over 30 is done too according to your logic. 

We're talking about a QB with a career completion percentage below 60%, Cam has never been a proficient passer, nor could he even hold the jock of any of the players you listed in that regard. He's old. He's injured. He's not going to run the ball. Ergo, he is totally worthless in fake foosball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lolcopter said:

We're talking about a QB with a career completion percentage below 60%, Cam has never been a proficient passer, nor could he even hold the jock of any of the players you listed in that regard. He's old. He's injured. He's not going to run the ball. Ergo, he is totally worthless in fake foosball.

30 years old isn't old for a QB. simple as that.  He's never been an accurate passer, but never had the weapons in Carolina they have now. I get it you hate Cam, he's not my favorite either but you're fooling yourself if you think 30 years old is old for a QB and that he doesn't have a chance to be productive when he returns.  Esp given the ****show of rookie QBs in the NFL right now. But to each their own.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheINC said:

30 years old isn't old for a QB. simple as that.  He's never been an accurate passer, but never had the weapons in Carolina they have now. I get it you hate Cam, he's not my favorite either but you're fooling yourself if you think 30 years old is old for a QB and that he doesn't have a chance to be productive when he returns.  Esp given the ****show of rookie QBs in the NFL right now. But to each their own.

Except he did have all those weapons last season. When he finished as QB13 in my league. His value always has and always will be from his rushing ability. If he comes back fully healthy and is mobile, there is absolutely upside. That’s a pretty big “if”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allen hasn’t been all that great.... def and cmc saving his tail. Panthers should give Cam the opportunity he deserves it, then after a few games proceed accordingly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...