bomont

Cam Newton 2019 Outlook

3 great matchups on the schedule - twice vs Atlanta (one of which is in the fantasy playoffs) and home against Washington

I'm definitely tempted, but not excited. Hes basically streamer territory when he comes back, and plays Atlanta twice. You could do worse 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jujus-jujubees said:

Ask yourself. 

Great schedule ROS. Fantastic playoff schedule (weeks 14-16). 5th best per the data below extrapolated over the first 7 weeks. I think I'm going to hold.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, CamNewton said:

Yes. My bad.

Appreciate the data man.  You've made me a believer Cam is worth the pickup.  

• Like 1

I thought Cam was set to come back this weekend? Latest report is the coach saying Allen is the week 9 starter.

3 hours ago, Godeep said:

I thought Cam was set to come back this weekend? Latest report is the coach saying Allen is the week 9 starter.

He'll "rehab" until the Atlanta game probably.

2 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

Has anyone here held on this entire time? Genuinely curious

I dropped him in my 14-teamer after week 3 I think, he was immediately grabbed and then dropped after the injury stuff. Been on the wire since. I can only assume people that have held are in super-flex leagues.

7 hours ago, jsch08 said:

ESPN has granted him an “OUT” designation the whole time he’s been out...I’d guess many have held in an iR position.

8 hours ago, jsch08 said:

I added him then dropped. Hoping to pick him back up now that Murray is floundering.

2 hours ago, jumboJET85 said:

hoping to get him off the waiver wire. The cam of old can win people leagues if he comes back healthy 

The Cam of old died when he got strip sacked by Von Miller in the superbowl. He's never coming back.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Newtown said:

I added him then dropped. Hoping to pick him back up now that Murray is floundering.

I’m also thinking about this. However, I’m really unsure the top 5 Cam is still there. What evidence is there that shows he will run again? Dunno. 

I genuinely dislike this guy. Think he's overrated and a showboat. However, he's sitting there on my WW as a FA and that schedule down the stretch looks pretty sweet. My other options are good, not great. Really thinking about adding him, but just need to know he is coming back and will start when he does. 

8 hours ago, aapox said:

I’m also thinking about this. However, I’m really unsure the top 5 Cam is still there. What evidence is there that shows he will run again? Dunno. 

3 hours ago, The G Man said:

I genuinely dislike this guy. Think he's overrated and a showboat. However, he's sitting there on my WW as a FA and that schedule down the stretch looks pretty sweet. My other options are good, not great. Really thinking about adding him, but just need to know he is coming back and will start when he does. 

Kyle Allen might have finally lit a fire underneath this guy. Might play with a greater sense of urgency once he returns to the lineup. May be wishful thinking, but it was an easy add for me given Murray's play as of late.

Edited by Newtown
  • Like 1

He is nicely secure in my IR slot and I am playing Minshew on a week to week basis with Tannehill sitting on my bench.  I'm hoping to see some serious life from Cam when he gets back.  

I think that it is just too late for him to make a difference and be part of this offense though. Just me being a pessimist. 

Even if you just roster him to have him as an option down the stretch, he has some nice match-ups.

Premium Matchups:

Week 11 - Home vs Atlanta (Wilson and Rodgers bye)

Week 13 - Home versus Washington

Week 14 - @ ATL

Other solid match-ups:

Week 12 - @ NO (Murray, Mahomes, Rivers, Cousins on bye)

Week 15 - Home vs Seattle

Week 16 - @ IND

Edited by nonstopfan

32 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Even if you just roster him to have him as an option down the stretch, he has some nice match-ups.

Premium Matchups:

Week 11 - Home vs Atlanta (Wilson and Rodgers bye)

Week 13 - Home versus Washington

Week 14 - @ ATL

Other solid match-ups:

Week 12 - @ NO (Murray, Mahomes, Rivers, Cousins on bye)

Week 15 - Home vs Seattle

Week 16 - @ IND

Eyeing him for that Week 11 game

9 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

Eyeing him for that Week 11 game

Yup. Hoping he plays next week so week 11 isn't his first game back. Wanna see what he does his first game back. 

• Like 2

I have Jameis/Brissett combo and their schedules are horrible together (always have soft matchups at same time). Buttttt Jameis and Cam matchup reallllll nice. If you don't have to start Cam and feel comfortable with your current starter, there's a good chance he good be a great combo with your mid-tier QB if he resembles his old self in any form. 

• Like 1