bomont

Cam Newton 2019 Outlook

On 11/1/2019 at 10:44 PM, Members_Only_76 said:

spacer.png

This owner did it long before he was declared done for the season.  

• Like 1

Let me start this out as I am a big fan of Cam.  He won me my FFL Championship his rookie year.  I have tried to have him on my team every year but this one.  He was a bad pick from the get go.  He was coming off being injured, but as someone who has followed him.  His value has always been in his rushing.  He has never been one of the leagues top passers.  Each year his running has become less and less.  So this year he was going to have to rely on his throwing.  Right there red flags from the get go.  He will never be work owning as a QB in FFL again.  Sad to say cuz I love the guy.

3 minutes ago, StuPitt said:

Let me start this out as I am a big fan of Cam.  He won me my FFL Championship his rookie year.  I have tried to have him on my team every year but this one.  He was a bad pick from the get go.  He was coming off being injured, but as someone who has followed him.  His value has always been in his rushing.  He has never been one of the leagues top passers.  Each year his running has become less and less.  So this year he was going to have to rely on his throwing.  Right there red flags from the get go.  He will never be work owning as a QB in FFL again.  Sad to say cuz I love the guy.

giphy.gif

On 8/15/2019 at 2:01 PM, jstep13 said:

Not touching you, Cam

reckless.jpg

On 8/15/2019 at 2:08 PM, Mr.Joshua said:

On 8/15/2019 at 2:15 PM, Fort4242 said:

As long as reports keep coming out that he's healthy I'm targeting him as my QB everywhere.  Great value at his current ADP.  Since 2012 he's been QB4, QB3, QB17 (14 games), QB1, QB17 (15 games), and QB2.  Only 14 games last year and he was still QB12.

Cam is a great fantasy QB who provides a nice floor from his rushing yards and you can bank on a handful of rushing TDs every year.  Cam and Wentz are my 2 favorite QB targets this year. 

On 8/15/2019 at 2:28 PM, lla887 said:

Yup.  I like him too.  Especially If you can get him in the late rounds.  He’s my target QB in drafts right now too.  

On 8/15/2019 at 2:40 PM, wideopen21 said:

Most dynamic group of WR he's ever had, an elite RB who is elite because of his pass catching skills and an ADP in 90s. Sign me up!

On 8/15/2019 at 5:05 PM, PlayTheWaivers said:

Literally all the signs are there for a top-3 finish. Ascending receivers, McCaffrey, Olsen still there to help.

And pencil in 400 rushing yards.

I really hate those know-it-all jerks that come on here after the fact that they were right and I never want to be that guy so I'll just leave this right here

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

Edited by jstep13
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

@jstep13 your post is a sobering reminder of just how ridiculous this hobby can be and how fluid the sport can be. Man I don't remember saying that about cam haha. But ywah- huge disappointing year