bomont

Cam Newton 2019 Outlook

37 minutes ago, fruitjacket said:

Cam is fine.  It's a nothing burger.

Are you sure it's not an Impossible Burger?

Ugh makes me nervous of picking CMC at 3 this weekend. Probably still have to do it unless Zeke signs tomorrow lol

7 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

Ugh makes me nervous of picking CMC at 3 this weekend. Probably still have to do it unless Zeke signs tomorrow lol

I'm picking 3 this weekend and strongly leaning towards Zeke now unless there is better news about Cam. I think a Cam injury is a bigger deal than a holdout which will end soon. If you draft Zeke you just have to draft Pollard in case he does miss a game or two.

3 minutes ago, bangarrang said:

Per Marty Hurney it's a mid foot sprain and they're cautiously optimistic he'll be ready for week one.

This sounds like good news for the Panthers, Cam Newton, and the rest of the Panthers Offense.

MId foot sprain is good.  He should have lateral mobility since it's not an ankle sprain.

They'll give him the needle.  He'll play.

I'm just worried they'll stop giving Cam goal line carries, which are the main reason he's a fantasy superstar. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CawCaw said:

This sounds like good news for the Panthers, Cam Newton, and the rest of the Panthers Offense.

The thing owners should be concerned about is that the Carolina O line doesn’t seem to be up to the task. Cam took 2 sacks in less than a quarter. Faced pressure on almost every throw. He had to get it out immediately. 

If they cant protect, it’s only a matter of time before Cam takes a legit injury. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

I'm just worried they'll stop giving Cam goal line carries, which are the main reason he's a fantasy superstar. 

Same, which is why I try hedge my bets if I'm picking Newton and grab either Jackson, Allen or Cousins later... Or if you want to spend a higher pick, bunch it up and grab Newton + Wilson... Newton + Goff... 

Playing matchups with Quarterbacks can provide a huge weekly BOOM for your team, and is a challenging variable your opponent has to account for.

Edited by ponza88

2 hours ago, Experienced Rookie said:

The thing owners should be concerned about is that the Carolina O line doesn’t seem to be up to the task. Cam took 2 sacks in less than a quarter. Faced pressure on almost every throw. He had to get it out immediately.

Yup.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/23/panthers-patriots-ron-rivera-offensive-line-disappointment-comments/

2 hours ago, Experienced Rookie said:

If they cant protect, it’s only a matter of time before Cam takes a legit injury. 

I agree, It seems as though Cam gets banged up quite a bit and with his style of play it is a matter of time it is going to happen.

2 hours ago, Nap Time said:

He'll still call his own number.

Edited by this guy right here

Well somehow I ended up here.  I'm not typically a Cam fan, but he seems to have quite a few weapons available this year.  Here's to us and a successful year.

BSmdfyn.gif

• Like 4

Drafted the week before Labor Day and got Cam at a huge discount in the 7th round of a 2qb league. Figured he would be ok for the start of the season. Took Winston next round to be safe. Any one really concerned about him this year? Can this guy go back to top 5 form? Any concern with his week one matchup? I am kinda liking his supporting cast but not sold on Dj or Samuel but having McCafé helps a ton. 

He’s coming at a huge discount this year. I was able to draft him as my QB2 in the 12th round. He’s a good matchup play to use with another low-end top 12 QB. 

Took him as my QB2 behind Watson bc Cam fell so far. Actually probly gonna start Cam over Watson weeks 2/3. TB and Zona is JUICY

20 hours ago, TTo34 said:

Well somehow I ended up here.  I'm not typically a Cam fan, but he seems to have quite a few weapons available this year.  Here's to us and a successful year.

BSmdfyn.gif

Lol. My exact situation, could not have put it any better. Cheers!

This guy's a beast. Right up there with the other set and forget QB. Even in tough matchups he tends to give a good floor of pts. This is his best oline on paper in seemingly forever and they finally purged the team of soap hands Funchess who was responsible for so many drives killed over the years. Not even worried about the ankle since Cam is as tough as they come, but as long as that shoulder holds up he has a good chance to make some noise for our teams.