bomont

Cam Newton 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, lsdm6 said:

There is no way this injury is real. Clearly a fake injury made up to save face. Cam is being benched for terrible QB play - make no mistake about it.

 

Junior High was let out early today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe keep him on the bench because of the ben roethlisberger and drew brees injuries? 12 and more team leagues could have a shortage of good qb's and he's got a good matchup next week.

Edited by ed06288

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ed06288 said:

Maybe keep him on the bench because of the ben roethlisberger and drew brees injuries? 12 and more team leagues could have a shortage of good qb's and he's got a good matchup next week.

 

 

Keep Cam on the bench?

 

His career is over. Drop City easy lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, stickman786 said:

is cammmm a drop :(

Yes, Cam is a drop. I've admittedly despised Cam for years now due to his cocky showboating when he's flying high and his cry baby poopy pants pouty face during the lows , but I bought in this year at his ADP. However, despite my resentment for him I couldn't help but admire the confidence he had in himself and his talent when he was in the zone. Watching him this season I see an uninspired and dejected Cam Newton that doesn't want to play football, or at least for the Panthers. I fully believe the injury is a cover for something much larger.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shimmer said:

Yes, Cam is a drop. I've admittedly despised Cam for years now due to his cocky showboating when he's flying high and his cry baby poopy pants pouty face during the lows , but I bought in this year at his ADP. However, despite my resentment for him I couldn't help but admire the confidence he had in himself and his talent when he was in the zone. Watching him this season I see an uninspired and dejected Cam Newton that doesn't want to play football, or at least for the Panthers. I fully believe the injury is a cover for something much larger.

 

The injury has taken away his ability to run.  That's all it is.  When he is healthy he'll be a QB1.  Until then....well, we've all seen it recently. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

 

The injury has taken away his ability to run.  That's all it is.  When he is healthy he'll be a QB1.  Until then....well, we've all seen it recently. 

 

When he is healthy he'll be the worst passer in all of football, backups included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does cam even get his job back? the offense looked so much better with KA, rather than slow and lethargic when newton was back there... jeez. It was a whole different team..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dannyz6969 said:

does cam even get his job back? the offense looked so much better with KA, rather than slow and lethargic when newton was back there... jeez. It was a whole different team..

 

Im guessing this foot injury will be the reason the coaching staff will stick with Allen as long as the offense is doing well. If Allen starts to stink, we will see that Cam’s foot is healthy again.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RW blurb just said Rivera confirmed Newton is still the starter, hah... smh. With the way the players were rejuvenated on the sidelines with touchdowns from KA, this might cause a locker room problem if Newton starts and stinks it up again. Defintely has to be a short leash. 

I see Newton on waiver wires in 10 and 12 leagues, and not even worth picking up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dannyz6969 said:

RW blurb just said Rivera confirmed Newton is still the starter, hah... smh. With the way the players were rejuvenated on the sidelines with touchdowns from KA, this might cause a locker room problem if Newton starts and stinks it up again. Defintely has to be a short leash. 

I see Newton on waiver wires in 10 and 12 leagues, and not even worth picking up. 

He has been terrible. His accuracy has been atrocious. I don't think he cares anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He can't throw

 

He won't run

 

He probably isn't the best at even holding onto the ball

 

And his backup just made the offense look infinitely better

 

He's done fellas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I don't know about the rest of you but I get bonus points for player with worst outfit during press conferences. Needless to say he'll be starting for me every week. 

 

I threw him out early in our auction for $1. I thought I had a value when no one spoke up and said $2. Guess my league mates are smarter then I thought. 

 

Pocket-Cam stinks. Unless we get running Cam back he is WW material. 

Edited by Duckbutter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2019 at 10:02 AM, Shimmer said:

Yes, Cam is a drop. I've admittedly despised Cam for years now due to his cocky showboating when he's flying high and his cry baby poopy pants pouty face during the lows , but I bought in this year at his ADP. However, despite my resentment for him I couldn't help but admire the confidence he had in himself and his talent when he was in the zone. Watching him this season I see an uninspired and dejected Cam Newton that doesn't want to play football, or at least for the Panthers. I fully believe the injury is a cover for something much larger.

 

I think all the hits he took have finally caught up to him. We have been hearing about his ailing shoulder for a few years now which could be a chronic issue. I think the foot issue is legit but the way Allen played last week certainly prompted the quick descion to sit him again this week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Kyle Allen leads them to a win in Houston this week it's a wrap. If the Panthers don't win but Kyle Allen looks good and isn't the problem, things might get interesting. Based off of this past week alone, I think we all know there is at least some element of the coaching staff playing coy by using Cam's ankle as an excuse to 'wait and see' on what they have in Kyle Allen leading the offense. When the entire team is lifted by a QB performance and players are excited again, it's a very risky game you're playing by benching him when things are working. Body language on the players alone can tell you lots of things. Obviously we all agree that if Kyle balls, Kyle plays. But what about if he has an average performance and Cam is deemed healthy enough to return?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sSektor said:

He can't throw

 

He won't run

 

He probably isn't the best at even holding onto the ball

 

And his backup just made the offense look infinitely better

 

He's done fellas

 

BUT......

 

have you seen his post game outfits?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...