bomont

Cam Newton 2019 Outlook

Have this guy stashed in my IR slot.  Have to fill it with someone and I am going to be charging Minstachio out there for the near future.  Cam would be HUUUUGE if he comes back with a vengeance

• Like 1

I was excited about Cam because it really seemed like the team had it's best weapons in a long time with CMC, DJ Moore, Samuel, Olsen.

Lucky enough to scoop and stash in IR spot.

Fantasy Playoff Schedule:

Week 14: @ATL

Week 15: vs. SEA

Week 16: @IND

Get well soon! If not, NBD

I’m lost on the criticism this man is getting right now.

He’s injured and he’s 30.

Isnt Brady in his early 40s?

I know he’s had a bad go last season and going into this one, but is there another reason he’s getting flamed right now?

3 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

I know he’s had a bad go last season and going into this one, but is there another reason he’s getting flamed right now?

People drafted him high expecting results, but instead he started the season hurt and didn't produce in the games he did play.  I'm hoping to stash him after this week on my IR because I expect a fully healthy Cam to take advantage of the weapons in Carolina for the stretch run.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, TheINC said:

People drafted him high expecting results, but instead he started the season hurt and didn't produce in the games he did play.  I'm hoping to stash him after this week on my IR because I expect a fully healthy Cam to take advantage of the weapons in Carolina for the stretch run.

Fair.

I was one of those people, so I understand the frustration.  I just don’t understand the writing off of his career or the “this guy is done” thing.

Thankfully, I picked up Winston and I’ve been playing him since the week he broke out.   

Like you, I’m believing for a fully healthy Cam in a division that is still tight.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

I’m lost on the criticism this man is getting right now.

He’s injured and he’s 30.

Isnt Brady in his early 40s?

Because he's not good.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, WayneFontes said:

Because he's not good.

He's got a bad foot, you would think that would limit his running chances/ability.  Without the running he's in the bottom half of fantasy and real life QB.

Id probably rather have guys like Cousins, Minshew, Darnold over Cam at this point.

Also, I’m not buying Allen starting over Newton if CAR continues to win (Rotoworld report).

Its clear that the team has been winning due to defense and CMC.

Allen has little or nothing to do with it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Newton just hasn’t been accurate on a lot of his throws when he has been in there lately. Him playing poorly because he’s hurt is one thing, but poor accuracy isn’t gonna win many games. 

I drafted Newton expecting him to come out this year and be a force. He didn’t deliver at all, and watching him throw and miss guys was painful. Allen looks like a better passer right now. 

• Haha 1

I mean, Allen did a great job throwing slants to Moore, a checkdown TD to CMC and a good throw to Samuel.

But he clearly looks no better than your average backup.

*Are we really saying Allen is better than a healthy Newton?

Seems like the logical turn is that the Panthers will "stick with what works" against 49ers and start Allen, get thrashed, then move to Cam.

He's not a great QB, but he's a great athlete. Fully healthy, I imagine he'll be great in fantasy again.

Edited by Hacksawjimduggan

On 10/13/2019 at 2:52 PM, nn4mz said:

I mean, Allen did a great job throwing slants to Moore, a checkdown TD to CMC and a good throw to Samuel.

But he clearly looks no better than your average backup.

*Are we really saying Allen is better than a healthy Newton?

If winning games is important, yes, Allen is better.

• Like 1

Unless Cam can come back and run over people the way he did earlier in his career he's basically useless. 

He doesn't read defenses well, he isn't particularly accurate, his arm isn't as strong as it one was. 

So what is left aside from the big name?

I’m still not convinced that part of his problem is his shoulder isn’t right. I think people forget how bad Cam’s throws were off the first two games.

Allen offers accurate throws and no int’s.

51 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Unless Cam can come back and run over people the way he did earlier in his career he's basically useless. 

He doesn't read defenses well, he isn't particularly accurate, his arm isn't as strong as it one was. 

So what is left aside from the big name?

Nothing this take is perfectly on point, If he can't run around and bulldoze over people in the red zone he is a bottom ten QB and you can say that fairly confidently. His MVP season it was a lot of bombs down field and him running around seems like he can't do either of those anymore.

Edited by CroNY

5 hours ago, Butters said:

If winning games is important, yes, Allen is better.

But what is he doing other than checking down and handing the ball off to CMC?

Ill admit that “decision-making” plays a factor, but are we for real?

40 minutes ago, nn4mz said:

But what is he doing other than checking down and handing the ball off to CMC?

Ill admit that “decision-making” plays a factor, but are we for real?

He doesnt have the yips for one, he  has the accuracy of a professional QB, and doesn’t miss open receivers by 3 or 4 feet. If Cam isn’t a duel threat he is a terrible fantasy and RL QB man. Injuries have probably got him pretty limited to how much of a weapon he can be.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2019 at 2:18 AM, nn4mz said:

Fair.

I was one of those people, so I understand the frustration.  I just don’t understand the writing off of his career or the “this guy is done” thing.

Thankfully, I picked up Winston and I’ve been playing him since the week he broke out.   

Like you, I’m believing for a fully healthy Cam in a division that is still tight.  

Yep.  A lot of fantasy players are so emotional and fickle.  And they apparently don't understand how a guy not being able to plant his foot would be unable to throw as accurately as he usually would.  Cam foolishly tried to play through his injury - yes it's great that the team isn't falling apart without him but if he waits until he's really healthy it may only take one game for all the "he sucks now, Allen is better" people to look like morons.

• Like 2

They're winning with Allen. They weren't, for a long while, with Cam.

Why change it?

There really isn't much more to it than that is there? 

Allen might only be a game manager type QB, but he's managing W's right now.

Cam will be the QB when he's healthy and returns.  If he's on your wire and have a need I'd pick him up this week (they have the bye) cuz he will be harder to add going into week 8 if he's named the starter.

• Like 1