sjm76

Sam Darnold 2019 Outlook

21 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Sounds absolutely crazy but that's exactly where I'm at and I'm leaning Darnold at the moment. He's been fantastic lately, and it's awfully tough to picture the Bengals stopping him. Not to mention he gets the Dolphins at home next week. 

Might be doing the same. Have yet to grab Darnold, but he's a FA. I feel like all of this momentum could come crashing down in an almost perfect setup/matchup and we are all going to regret this big time. The key will obviously be seeing what NE does to Watson. Maybe he and Darnold still even out and no harm done. Risk/reward type of choice. Unfortunately, if both go south, I can probably kiss a playoff spot adios. 

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 2:13 PM, Iron-cock said:

As a fan, I am glad they’re sitting him.  For fantasy it sucks.  The Eagles corners have been horrible, but I doubt Falk can take advantage of that.  

I can’t believe the Jets cut their backup over

the bye week without Darnold being cleared....

Hopefully Darnold rests up and avoids the Slutgers skanks. 

11 hours ago, joebaker23 said:

Legend.

9 hours ago, yanksman said:

Hopefully he doesnt get mono again

spacer.png

11 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Until you realize the guy got mononucleosis this year. Now we know why.

The jokes on her, he's probably still contagious.  Darnold is giving skanks mono at this point.  

• Like 1

anyone else worried about the weather in NY this Sunday? weather.com says 90% chance of precipitation at 1pm Sunday with 15 mph. 

23 minutes ago, lml417 said:

anyone else worried about the weather in NY this Sunday? weather.com says 90% chance of precipitation at 1pm Sunday with 15 mph. 

The game is in Cincinnati. 
50 degrees, 40% chance of rain with wind around 15 mph. 

Some early drops killed him and set the negative tone.  Robbie Anderson dropped a pretty easy TD on the first drive to name one.  Could have been a very different game if he holds onto that.  I'm still rolling with Sammy D with confidence home vs Miami next week!

26 minutes ago, dschddny said:

Some early drops killed him and set the negative tone.  Robbie Anderson dropped a pretty easy TD on the first drive to name one.  Could have been a very different game if he holds onto that.  I'm still rolling with Sammy D with confidence home vs Miami next week!

Yeah, he should bounce back big next week against Miami.  I was expecting at least 3 passing td's yesterday too, though.

On 11/27/2019 at 8:35 AM, joebaker23 said:

Legend.

4,459 comments. And 4,458 comments are not totally related to the twitter story at all. 

Gotta love twitter comment sections. 

He came from a big party school in a big city to the city of NYJ. Wasted, and banging chicks probably a daily task. Just saying. 

6 minutes ago, ginocan said:

4,459 comments. And 4,458 comments are not totally related to the twitter story at all. 

Gotta love twitter comment sections. 

He came from a big party school in a big city to the city of NYJ. Wasted, and banging chicks probably a daily task. Just saying. 

Oh I’m not against what he is doing hahaha😂 most of us on here have been there, done that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dschddny said:

Yeah, he was fine yesterday. The Anderson drop in the EZ definitely set a bad tone. There were a couple of other drive killing drops and a few untimely holding penalties.

It sucks that he flopped, especially if you played him, but this was a good thing for Week 14's outlook. Now embarrassed, they'll work hard this week and go into the Miami game hungry. 250 and 3 TDs incoming. I'm starting him over Kyler.

On 11/29/2019 at 2:15 AM, lml417 said:

Looks like it got to him pretty badly.  Good call.  😂

2 hours ago, WayneFontes said:

Miami are done being pushovers. Another dud incoming.

250 passing and 3 TDs to the last 3 QBs, none of which elite players. That’ll do for me!

6 hours ago, aapox said:

It sucks that he flopped, especially if you played him, but this was a good thing for Week 14's outlook. Now embarrassed, they'll work hard this week and go into the Miami game hungry. 250 and 3 TDs incoming. I'm starting him over Kyler.

You must not realize that these are the Jets and not the Patriots lol.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, nonstopfan said:

You must not realize that these are the Jets and not the Patriots lol.

Hahaha, fair enough. I'm still rolling him out there! I understand the risk.

Some of his success or lack thereof may ironically be based on Fitzpatrick. If the Jets play Fitzmagic, Darnold will have to air it out and we'll have us a fantasy shoot-out bonanza.  If it's bad-Fitzpatrick throwing up INTs, the Jets will be up by 2-3 scores and may just rely on Bell. 

24 minutes ago, jackg1162 said:

Anybody have the plums to start Darnold in a playoff matchup this weekend?  I may be forced to.

Starting him with CONFIDENCE!!!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dschddny said:

Starting him with CONFIDENCE!!!

Do have any info about his injuries or happen to watch the game last week?  It was not on TV in Dallas area.

11 hours ago, jackg1162 said:

Do have any info about his injuries or happen to watch the game last week?  It was not on TV in Dallas area.

I thought he just got his foot stepped on and should be fine?

11 hours ago, jackg1162 said:

I lied. Knee and rib injuries. Neither considered serious. Probably just a part of playing behind that trash can line. Hopefully he doesn’t get whacked and knocked out O_O

• Like 1