qpeeters

Miles Bridges 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Didn't see a 19-20 thread for Miles yet but he looks like a pretty interesting pick next year.
He had great percentages for a rookie with very low turnovers and around 1 steal and block per game.

His stats over the last 13 games of the season were good for top 50 value:

11.7 PTS, 4.6 RBS, 1.5 ASTS, 1.3 STLS, 0.8 BLCKS, 1.4 3s on 51 FG%, 80 FT% with 0.8 TO

Borrego just confirmed he will be playing mostly PF, which should help his rebounds.
End of season stats aren't exactly accurate due to plenty of opponents either tanking or resting their stars but can he get close to or improve on those stats for a full season?

I currently have him 7th or 8th round. Too high, too low or just right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also had a usage of only 15.3 last year which should go up without Kemba or any other high usage players on the roster.
Maybe his percentages fall a little but should be balanced out by an increase in scoring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's deserved established hype considering the Hornets roster, I think you'd be lucky to get him in the 8th round. Him & Rozier will be running the show closely followed by Bacon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, qpeeters said:

Didn't see a 19-20 thread for Miles yet but he looks like a pretty interesting pick next year.
He had great percentages for a rookie with very low turnovers and around 1 steal and block per game.

His stats over the last 13 games of the season were good for top 50 value:

11.7 PTS, 4.6 RBS, 1.5 ASTS, 1.3 STLS, 0.8 BLCKS, 1.4 3s on 51 FG%, 80 FT% with 0.8 TO

Borrego just confirmed he will be playing mostly PF, which should help his rebounds.
End of season stats aren't exactly accurate due to plenty of opponents either tanking or resting their stars but can he get close to or improve on those stats for a full season?

I currently have him 7th or 8th round. Too high, too low or just right?

Being the main man of Charlotte aside from Rozier, i think the 7th to 8th round projection is just right for him. If he could add on his stocks then that should be a bargain for a mid rounder.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with the roster the way it is, bridges should get a ton of minutes. i can see him being one of those 1-1-1 guys with decent percentages. He shot pretty well as a rookie and that is usually a problem area for most rookies, plus a lot of his shots come in the paint. He's freakishly athletic so i think just the bump in minutes alone will help him a lot. there's just not much talent on that team... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given his opportunity and natural progression I can see him hitting 12/5/2 with 1.5 threes, 1.5 steals, .8 blocks on 50/80 shooting with 1 TO fairly easily.  That would put him behind someone like Otto Porter.  I think Otto is being underrated currently and in the drafts I've done so far has slipped to 4th/5th round.  If that's the case then I'll happily take Otto in the 4th/5th and Bridges in the 6th.  It all depends on needs/team build in H2H.  In roto I think he's a 6th round target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He publically stated he was disgusted in his overall performance last season. I love that, passion and honesty like that is super rare his wuill to improve is simply above the majority of the sophmore's let alone the rest of the NBA. All the minutes he can handle, and endless athletism. He's in an elite inner cirlce including LBJ. Plus he has the it factor, it's written all over his style of play, swag etc. Fun to own, the dunks will be absurd.

I'd take him easily 6th round this season, expecting him to out do it though the road is paved with gold for this kid. Let's get it Vince Carter 2.0

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6th round is too early. I just give an example who are right now ranked as 6th round in my prerank: Valanciunas, Russell, Brogdon, LeVert, Jamal Murray, MitchRob, Wendell Carter, Rubio, Adebayo, Ja Morant etc. Is Bridges better than any of these players? Maybe only Rubio if he fails at Phoenix, but should be nearly TOP75.

Edited by apatas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, apatas said:

6th round is too early. I just give an example who are right now ranked as 6th round in my prerank: Valanciunas, Russell, Brogdon, LeVert, Jamal Murray, MitchRob, Wendell Carter, Rubio, Adebayo, Ja Morant etc. Is Bridges better than any of these players? Maybe only Rubio if he fails at Phoenix, but should be nearly TOP75.

 

You're not likely to have any shares of Mitch, DLO, Adebayo or JVal this year if you're waiting until the 6th.  

These are the players in your list I have ranked after Bridges on my draft board, at present; LeVert, Morant 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 80version said:

 

You're not likely to have any shares of Mitch, DLO, Adebayo or JVal this year if you're waiting until the 6th.  

 

Of course, but it is just my prerank. If these players are taken, I will pick other and there can be available somebody from my prerank 4th or 5th round.

Edited by apatas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He can hit top 60 but I wouldn't dream of taking him in the 6th. He's a sort of unknown prospect to most people and he will probably slip later in the draft, unless you're doing a diamond league or something. I think he could fall as late as 10th round in many leagues, regardless of his actual value. I already see the early talk about the teams who steal him. Charlotte's gonna be interesting. Someone's gotta score. They will probably squeeze ownable fantasty value out of 3 or 4 scrubs. Very curious about who else is gonna score in Charlotte. Fg% will be bad for that entire team so I don't see miles getting plus 50% fg because he doesn't have Kemba setting him up, but he will probably be their #1 option and will get counting stats like crazy and be a monster for pts. That fg% wont sustain and his TO will increase by a lot. He might be the best player on one of the worst teams in nba history. Charlotte's entire teams fg% will be abysmal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, johnval1362 said:

He can hit top 60 but I wouldn't dream of taking him in the 6th. He's a sort of unknown prospect to most people and he will probably slip later in the draft, unless you're doing a diamond league or something. I think he could fall as late as 10th round in many leagues, regardless of his actual value. I already see the early talk about the teams who steal him. Charlotte's gonna be interesting. Someone's gotta score. They will probably squeeze ownable fantasty value out of 3 or 4 scrubs. Very curious about who else is gonna score in Charlotte. Fg% will be bad for that entire team so I don't see miles getting plus 50% fg because he doesn't have Kemba setting him up, but he will probably be their #1 option and will get counting stats like crazy and be a monster for pts. That fg% wont sustain and his TO will increase by a lot. He might be the best player on one of the worst teams in nba history. Charlotte's entire teams fg% will be abysmal. 

It's Rozier, Bridges & Bacon everyone else will get the scraps. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

It's Rozier, Bridges & Bacon everyone else will get the scraps. 

In my opinion Cody Zeller could be value pick in late rounds.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, apatas said:

In my opinion Cody Zeller could be value pick in late rounds.

He always is with exception being the Howard season! Problem is he cannot stay healthy!

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2019 at 3:46 PM, qpeeters said:

I currently have him 7th or 8th round. Too high, too low or just right?

 

Miles Bridges be just right on 8th round .. definitely 1 round earlier than Kuzma or Jaylen Brown.

Edited by therealmikeshinoda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

you guys drafting this guy? What round? Not much excitement here

Lacklustre pre-season shouldn't worry anyone in the slightest, the franchise is wide open for him. Could be putting up absurd numbers post all-star break and into fantasy playoffs. Just a natural beast. Round 7 or 8, i've seen him go much earlier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Lacklustre pre-season shouldn't worry anyone in the slightest, the franchise is wide open for him. Could be putting up absurd numbers post all-star break and into fantasy playoffs. Just a natural beast. Round 7 or 8, i've seen him go much earlier. 

User name checks out.  

  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say Charlotte is a very interesting team this year...and if you like Bridges because of the opportunity (plus talent and statistical profile), you might also want to take a last pick flier on PJ Washington too for similar reasons.  They could also be getting blown out a lot, Zeller could get hurt any second, and why not just throw PJ in there too with Bridges and let them go nuts in garbage time...which is prime time for racking up the goods.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hipriest69 said:

I would say Charlotte is a very interesting team this year...and if you like Bridges because of the opportunity (plus talent and statistical profile), you might also want to take a last pick flier on PJ Washington too for similar reasons.  They could also be getting blown out a lot, Zeller could get hurt any second, and why not just throw PJ in there too with Bridges and let them go nuts in garbage time...which is prime time for racking up the goods.  

 

Even Bacon and Graham too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN drafts are whack. I drafted Miles at 93.. Isaac at 100

I. Yahoo you're probably reaching more for Miles in the 70s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's been quite underwhelming. Doesn't seem to be a great fit with Bacon and Rozier. Did play better with Graham (whom I love as well). PJ's showing out so far seems to make sure he'll be starting at PF. Miles to SF, I guess - hope he will improve his level of play soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, perkinsfor3 said:

He's been quite underwhelming. Doesn't seem to be a great fit with Bacon and Rozier. Did play better with Graham (whom I love as well). PJ's showing out so far seems to make sure he'll be starting at PF. Miles to SF, I guess - hope he will improve his level of play soon.

The assertiveness ain’t there yet. Maybe he’s just being passive cuz it’s preseason but if he lacks assertiveness or borrego just doesn’t want him taking many shots then we might have a bust in our hands. Not sure the reason why they wouldn’t feature him maybe he’s just not there yet but I’m watching closely at how this develops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.