thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

15 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

This is one of those guys that's going to score points but because of his situation is borderline unstartable if you have even a somewhat reasonable alternative at the position. With that said, this week might be as good as any to fire him up.

I don’t know, I usually feel that way about secondary passing options tied to a poor quarterback and a good defense (like, say, Taylor Gabriel), but Terry is the clear #1 on a team that’s always losing. The switch to Haskins has me a little bit worried because it looks like it’s going to happen too soon.

But against a Giants defense that just got clowned by Mike Evans for 200 yards and three TDs?  I’ll be happy with 30% of that.

1 minute ago, Heisenberg said:

The situation being his target share, his snaps, playing from behind, or that your loaded at receiver?

How many weeks does he need to produce as a WR1/2. Rotoblurb calls him a WR3.

Nice target share, massive amount of snaps, heavy end zone usage. There is nothing not to like here.

The operative condition of my post was "if you have even a somewhat reasonable alternative at the position." Target share is all well and good, but his overall performance is pretty TD-dependent, so take that into consideration going forward. I know that just looking at his weekly score, this guy seems like a must-start, but I think he's more volatile than that would seem to indicate, especially if they bench Keenum. 

4 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

But against a Giants defense that just got clowned by Mike Evans for 200 yards and three TDs?  I’ll be happy with 30% of that.

Yes, which is why I will likely start him this week.

WW pickup of the year. Stud WR on a team with a bad defense and a QB slinging tons of garbage yards. 

Terry "Formula 1" McLaurin

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

I don’t know, I usually feel that way about secondary passing options tied to a poor quarterback and a good defense (like, say, Taylor Gabriel), but Terry is the clear #1 on a team that’s always losing. The switch to Haskins has me a little bit worried because it looks like it’s going to happen too soon.

Haskins was his college QB at Ohio State and supposedly (so I've read) is an accurate deep passer 

4 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

WW pickup of the year. Stud WR on a team with a bad defense and a QB slinging tons of garbage yards. 

Terry "Formula 1" McLaurin

yep ... kid is legit. 

shoulda taken the draft spec, yuuuuuuge regret there, as he was scooped way before my waiver priority after week one. 

totally legit beast - congrats, team McLuvin 👍

8 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

Haskins was his college QB at Ohio State and supposedly (so I've read) is an accurate deep passer 

Well, that's certainly a plus.

15 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

Too bad this doesn't really mean much (Rudolph-Washington). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kilo said:

It's not like he's faced cupcake defenses either: PHI, DAL, CHI.  To me, he's a WR2.

He's absolutely established himself as a fantasy WR2. He won't maintain a TD per week but 1,200/10 TDs looks attainable, which would be WR1 numbers.

Anybody know if he really got hurt?  From what I saw, it looked like he jumped up for a pass and landed on his chest or side.  Maybe got wind knocked out.  It looked like he was taking a while to get up but I didn't see anything indicating a leg injury or anything like that.

23 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Anybody know if he really got hurt?  From what I saw, it looked like he jumped up for a pass and landed on his chest or side.  Maybe got wind knocked out.  It looked like he was taking a while to get up but I didn't see anything indicating a leg injury or anything like that.

There's no news so far.
Honestly in my opinion he looked fine, and more just frustrated and tired after Keenum's inaccurate throw. Jogged back to the sidelines with no issue. He took a harder fall on his touchdown reception.

In the bigger picture, he seems to be legit WR2. 
Hopefully he eats against NYG week 4.

Edited by potatoetree

2 minutes ago, montgrove said:

Everybody wants a qb change cause of their relationship but keep in mind Keenum is Fitz 2.0 

he keeps throwing 

Yeah.  Honestly, Keenum didn't look that bad when he wasn't turning the ball over LOL.  Was throwing downfield.

I think his performance was much more related to the Bears pass rush than anything else.  He was trying to make stuff happen...holding the ball a little too long and all that.  I mean....none of this is good but I don't think it's a positive if they sit him.  Maybe they bring in Haskins and go run heavy and simplify the passing game.  That's no good for McLaurin.  I'd rather have the QB who is willing to throw downfield and wait in the pocket for a play to develop, even if in real life he is killing their chances of winning.

His first 2 games, Case didn't throw any picks and in week 1 he threw for 380 yards and 3 TDs.  I wouldn't expect Haskins to walk in and start putting up those kinds of numbers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, montgrove said:

Be careful asking for a rookie qb

Agree.  It could possibly work out (see: Giants) but we know Case is good enough to make McLaurin a WR2 with WR1 upside.  Not sure why we would want that to change, as it's far more likely that the QB play will drop than improve.  If anything, one of the risks of owning McLaurin is that they'll switch QBs.

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Too bad this doesn't really mean much (Rudolph-Washington). 

I think the difference is Washington has been a disappointment up till this point in his career in the NFL and the 3rd or possibly 4th option on his team. Terry seems to get it early and looks to be the skins number 1 option in the passing game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

The operative condition of my post was "if you have even a somewhat reasonable alternative at the position." Target share is all well and good, but his overall performance is pretty TD-dependent, so take that into consideration going forward. I know that just looking at his weekly score, this guy seems like a must-start, but I think he's more volatile than that would seem to indicate, especially if they bench Keenum. 

My reasonable players(starters) in my standard league at the position(Adams & Diggs) combined don't have the stats of this kid on his own.Personally,I was more than happy to have him in as my flex this week.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

His first 2 games, Case didn't throw any picks and in week 1 he threw for 380 yards and 3 TDs.  I wouldn't expect Haskins to walk in and start putting up those kinds of numbers.

Danny Dimes says, "hold my beer."