thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

It sure seems like the Giants offense is going to put up a lot of points against this weak Redskins defense.  Even if Terry gets shut down early, last week's garbage time scoring might happen again.

2 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

It sure seems like the Giants offense is going to put up a lot of points against this weak Redskins defense.  Even if Terry gets shut down early, last week's garbage time scoring might happen again.

Redskins defense >>> Giants offense so I don't think that's gonna be a factor

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Rourke said:

17 PPR points vs Chicago's DT in mostly all obvious passing situations; is anyone really suggesting Giants DT poses a greater threat?  If Keenum plays, I think there's nothing to worry about. 

This

Firing up confidently as a WR2 in a 12 teamer. He sounds extremely passionate in interviews, and absolutely reeks of passion on game tape. I have him as a high end WR2 in my head ROS.

1 hour ago, swiften said:

This

Literally nobody said the Giants have a better defense than the Bears, nor anything close to that. So, nah, not "this". 

1 hour ago, itschief33 said:

Firing up confidently as a WR2 in a 12 teamer. He sounds extremely passionate in interviews, and absolutely reeks of passion on game tape. I have him as a high end WR2 in my head ROS.

Nah. Haskins will take over. And probably be a slight downgrade from Keenum initially. Thus downgrading McLaurin too. And Reed will eventually return. He'll take targets away as well. I'd sell him now if I were you. His buzz will never be higher after this week's game vs the giants. 

Edited by Kaii23
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Nah. Haskins will take over. And probably be a slight downgrade from Keenum initially. Thus downgrading McLaurin too. And Reed will eventually return. He'll take targets away as well. I'd sell him now if I were you. His buzz will never be higher after this week's game vs the giants. 

I don’t see Haskins as a downgrade at all, but to each their own. Reed will eventually return for a half. And then exit. Captain goes down w the ship

8 hours ago, RingMyBell said:

As long as he is getting targets he will produce, dont overthink this stuff.  Colt is an nfl qb, he can get him the ball.

Yeah but it’s the difference between starting him over someone like Fitzgerald, DJ Moore to a wait n see without Keenum. That changes my decision drastically

Terry is scary good...if you're saying something negative about him it means you missed out on him...start him with confidence and that's that... 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, yossarian said:

Colt McCoy is never the answer. 

Unless the question is: What name in the NFL sounds the most like the protagonist from a 1950's Western film?...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, dfstout said:

Unless the question is: What name in the NFL sounds the most like the protagonist from a 1950's Western film?...

Matt Nagy?

🤔

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Matt Nagy?

🤔

O but he's the crooked Sheriff for sure...

Edited by dfstout
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Unless the Redskins are winning, which isn't a crazy thought against the Giants.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Unless the Redskins are winning, which isn't a crazy thought against the Giants.

This is true, but if the Redskins are winning, it's because we are passing successfully against the Giants. We can't run the ball to save our lives right now, and the o-line is in shambles. 

That's why I'm not concerned as much about QB or game-flow for Terry. Win/lose/draw, we will have to be force feeding him the ball. And the Giants might be the worst secondary in the NFL right now (just slightly ahead of my pathetic Redskins).

Edited by UVA_Drew
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, UVA_Drew said:

This is true, but if the Redskins are winning, it's because we are passing successfully against the Giants. We can't run the ball to save our lives right now, and the o-line is in shambles. 

That's why I'm not concerned as much about QB or game-flow for Terry. Win/lose/draw, we will have to be force feeding him the ball. And the Giants might be the worst secondary in the NFL right now (just slightly ahead of my pathetic Redskins).

I'm playing as many passing game options as I can this game.  Which probably means the final score will end up 13-7 haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Nap Time said:

8 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Redskins defense >>> Giants offense so I don't think that's gonna be a factor

Yeah, the Skins defense is not very good but Dallas has been scoring a lot vs every team. Wentz had all his weapons week 1. I am not ready to considering Daniel Jones on par with either Dak or Wentz.

And the Bears scoring was greatly helped out by Keenum turning it over 5 times. 

Either way, WRs can put up big numbers in blowout wins or when their team is trailing and they wrack up meaningless stats late.If you are playing a bad defense and you are a good WR there is a good chance you will do well. 

Terry will only go up from here in my opinion, is anyone really scared of paul richardson taking targets away, or chris thompson? the only person i could see eating at some of his floor is the return of jordan reed, but we all have seen how that story goes.... Terry is a wr2 moving forward 

• Like 1

Look....Haskins is a risk.  Any new QB is.

Think of it this way...if Haskins were announced the starter on Sunday or Monday, every "streaming defense" article would have the Giants listed as an option, despite the Giants being terrible.  Just go back on the past weeks articles...it's like clockwork.  They pick inexperienced QBs and say "they could struggle, play this defense".

Week 3 had a bunch of backup QB's taking over after all the injuries (Bridgewater, Siemian, Minshew, Rudolph, Daniel Jones).  Literally all of the defenses they were playing against were recommended starts.

What we don't know is whether Haskins will have a Kyle Allen / Daniel Jones debut or play like Siemian / Rudolph.

Since we knew Case was very good for McLaurin's fantasy production (933, 7 tds over 3 games), it has to be considered.

What I like about Case was that his eyes are always downfield and he is willing to hold the ball and let a play develop.  He's willing to throw it in tight coverage.  People were draped all over McLaurin on his TD catch on Monday.

How do we know Haskins isn't going to check down after 1 read?  How do we know he isn't going to run or throw away the ball instead of trying to make a play?  Maybe the Redskins go with a very conservative game plan and limit Haskins to short throws to get his confidence up (see: Mason Rudolph).  It does no good for McLaurin to use his talent to get separation if the QB isn't going to throw it to him.

I'm not saying Haskins won't ball out on his first game.  We just saw it this past Sunday with multiple QBs.  But going from a known guy who is good for McLaurin to a rookie unknown....you have to downgrade McLaurin a little.  It becomes whether you have a more reliable option now on your bench.

Edited by Brownsfan74

2 hours ago, ponchsox said:

2015 version of Allen Robinson 

Great comparison! Oh man, brings back memories of all of those garbage time points, it was truly a thing of beauty.

Daniel Jones just torched a feisty Tampa defense.  The Redskins defense is bad.  The Giants are going to put up points.

PFF:  "Josh Norman has struggled mightily to this point, allowing a 121.9 passer rating in coverage and managing a 43.4 coverage grade that ranks 97th out of 111 qualified cornerbacks."

McLaurin is either going to have a legit huge game, or good garbage time points.  His floor is very high.

1 hour ago, bearcatcheech said:

Terry will only go up from here in my opinion, is anyone really scared of paul richardson taking targets away, or chris thompson? the only person i could see eating at some of his floor is the return of jordan reed, but we all have seen how that story goes.... Terry is a wr2 moving forward 

Quinn was getting a bit of targets tho.

Everyone is talking about targets, or Reed taking away targets... news flash gentlemen Terry hasn’t even been a target hog to begin with. Hasn’t even reached double digits targets in any game yet. If anything that amount should go up not down , he’s their best play maker ... feed him more not less. Theres plenty to go around, not worried in the slightest . And Reed back in the lineup is a great decoy for Scary Terry , I welcome him with opens arms lol. 

McLaurin’s target share

week 1 : 7 

week 2 : 9

week 3 : 8

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1