thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

Do you guys think they go back to Keenum?  Haskins doesn't seem to be ready yet, and probably isn't good news for McLaurin...

3 hours ago, UVA_Drew said:

You can’t start any Redskin on a short week vs. NE. 

Give us a week to get blown out by 40. Gruden fired, Kevin O’Connell named interim coach and takes over playcalling...

And then re-insert Mclaurin into your starting lineup for week 6 against Miami. 

Sounds about right.

Haskin doesn't look ready. I think the fact they threw him in there shows Gruden's desperation to not lose his job. But I expect either Keenum or McCoy to start.

I agree it would be a downgrade if Haskins starts for McLaurin, at least for 1-2 weeks.

Rapoport is reporting that Gruden is confident in Colt McCoy and may consider starting him next week at QB.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kilo said:

Rapoport is reporting that Gruden is confident in Colt McCoy and may consider starting him next week at QB.

Yikes

37 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

"Confident in Colt McCoy" in 2019 sounds like a phrase a Head Coach says about 3-4 games before he gets fired hahaa

More like one game

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tob said:

It's Scary to play Terry going forward.

I think Scary Terry's moniker is going from "he's a scary receiver to defend" to "he's a scary receiver to start in fantasy" thanks to the horrible QB's he potentially has lined up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, UVA_Drew said:

You can’t start any Redskin on a short week vs. NE. 

Give us a week to get blown out by 40. Gruden fired, Kevin O’Connell named interim coach and takes over playcalling...

And then re-insert Mclaurin into your starting lineup for week 6 against Miami. 

You're more confident than me man.  I don't trust Snyder to do the right thing and fear dealing with Gruden for the rest of the year.  I don't follow local radio or media and have no idea if there's actually a shot of Gruden being fired, but as a Redskins fan that's the only thing that would inspire any confidence.  And O'Connell taking over short and long term would be my hope too.

But back on topic yeah, Haskins doesn't look ready, and even if McLaurin plays this week with Keenum at the helm I dunno if I'd try him against NE.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

You're more confident than me man.  I don't trust Snyder to do the right thing and fear dealing with Gruden for the rest of the year.  I don't follow local radio or media and have no idea if there's actually a shot of Gruden being fired, but as a Redskins fan that's the only thing that would inspire any confidence.  And O'Connell taking over short and long term would be my hope too.

But back on topic yeah, Haskins doesn't look ready, and even if McLaurin plays this week with Keenum at the helm I dunno if I'd try him against NE.

This is where I'm at.   He's gone from someone I'd consider starting every week to someone that I'm holding for bye weeks or injuries.

Of course that could change if he comes back and has a good game or two with another QB.  

Remains to be seen, but I'm not sure we have to downgrade Terry. He was killing it with Keenum. Did we forget that Keenum is terrible? Going from one terrible QB to another is a lateral move. Right? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

Remains to be seen, but I'm not sure we have to downgrade Terry. He was killing it with Keenum. Did we forget that Keenum is terrible? Going from one terrible QB to another is a lateral move. Right? 

No...some QBs and WRs have a connection.    Seemed like Case and Terry had that with Keenum looking for him and not being afraid to throw it. 

Moving to a new QB could be better, worse, or the same.  Just don't know yet.  But I'm guessing it will be worse.  At least in the beginning.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, K197040 said:

No...some QBs and WRs have a connection.    Seemed like Case and Terry had that with Keenum looking for him and not being afraid to throw it. 

Moving to a new QB could be better, worse, or the same.  Just don't know yet.  But I'm guessing it will be worse.  At least in the beginning.

Terry and Haskins were college teammates. If anyone is going to have a rapport with him, it's Haskins. 

If it's Colt McCoy, who the hell knows. 

Sell if you can, but the injury makes it tough.  QB switch is always dicey, especially if it's to a bum.

Remember a couple weeks ago when I was saying Washington should be tanking?  (This was in response, IIRC, to someone absurdly speculating that Washington may send a draft pick for Kenyan Drake.)  Well, apparently they got the memo.  

It's a shame Washington doesn't play Miami this season so we could see just who is really - WAIT WASHINGTON DOES PLAY MIAMI THIS YEAR!!!  October 13 - Washington at Miami.  Oh boy I wish they could "flex" that game onto SNF - I'd love to see it.  It's going to be epic.

Edited by KennyWoo
I wrote "gave" instead of "game." Such a sadness.
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Sell if you can, but the injury makes it tough.  QB switch is always dicey, especially if it's to a bum.

Remember a couple weeks ago when I was saying Washington should be tanking?  (This was in response, IIRC, to someone absurdly speculating that Washington may send a draft pick for Kenyan Drake.)  Well, apparently they got the memo.  

It's a shame Washington doesn't play Miami this season so we could see just who is really - WAIT WASHINGTON DOES PLAY MIAMI THIS YEAR!!!  October 13 - Washington at Miami.  Oh boy I wish they could "flex" that game onto SNF - I'd love to see it.  It's going to be epic.

You can sell for pennies on the dollar now an injured guy with a well publicized terrible QB situation...or you can see if the QB situation improves in time for a playoff schedule against GB, PHI and NYG if you can get there...I'm taking door #2 Kenny.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Great point. Should be interesting to see.

57 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Keenum isn’t terrible. And definitely hasn’t been terrible making WRs fantasy relevant.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

Keenum isn’t terrible. And definitely hasn’t been terrible making WRs fantasy relevant.

He's put up decent fantasy numbers, but he's a bad QB. That's why he just got benched. The point is that real life terrible QBs can still do decent things for fantasy. 

As long as Terry is healthy and serving as the number one, he'll be good. 

56 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Terry and Haskins were college teammates. If anyone is going to have a rapport with him, it's Haskins. 

If it's Colt McCoy, who the hell knows. 

We'll see about Haskins.   Don't overestimate what two guys did in college vs. them playing in the NFL.

At least Haskins will have confidence with Terry and will look for him.  But throwing him catchable balls is another thing.

It's all going to depend on how quickly Haskins can assimilate.  

12 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

He's put up decent fantasy numbers, but he's a bad QB. That's why he just got benched. The point is that real life terrible QBs can still do decent things for fantasy. 

As long as Terry is healthy and serving as the number one, he'll be good. 

No, he isn’t. He’s on a bad team with sub par line play and no run game. Is he a pro bowler? Absolutely not. But he took the Vikings to the playoffs and made them look a hell of a lot better than their 80 million dollar man. In his 14 starts that season, his passer rating was a 98.3. With a good surrounding cast.

Edited by itschief33

6 minutes ago, itschief33 said:

No, he isn’t. He’s on a bad team with sub par line play and no run game. Is he a pro bowler? Absolutely not. But he took the Vikings to the playoffs and made them look a hell of a lot better than their 80 million dollar man. In his 14 starts that season, his passer rating was a 98.3. With a good surrounding cast.

Nah, the Minnesota Keenumaniacs are the only people that can't see that Case is below replacement level. He was hot trash early in his career. He had one fluke stretch in Minnesota with great personnel around him, then he was hot garbage in Denver. And now he's been hot garbage again in Washington. He just got benched for sucking against a comically bad secondary.