thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

Haskins does NOT look like an NFL qb at this time, and if they continue with him, i dont care about some random college connection, this would be a huge downgrade for Terry. Haskins looked beyond bad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Nah, the Minnesota Keenumaniacs are the only people that can't see that Case is below replacement level. He was hot trash early in his career. He had one fluke stretch in Minnesota with great personnel around him, then he was hot garbage in Denver. And now he's been hot garbage again in Washington. He just got benched for sucking against a comically bad secondary. 

A whole season isn’t a fluke. Yes, he was surrounded by great personnel like a vast majority of successful QBs normally are.. But it’s really unimportant I apologize for getting ya riled up. As far as scary terry goes, colt mccoy possibly being the starter was a circumstance I didn’t plan for and even we can probably agree he is a replacement level QB.

• Like 1

This QB situation is an absolute mess for McLaurin, mainly just for the short term uncertainty. He was thriving with Keenum. Impossible to predict if that will continue with Haskins. We gotta hope Keenum can keep the job. 

4 hours ago, akooreman180 said:

Are you guys starting him against NE if Keenum plays? He has done well against other tough defenses.

If you were starting him prior and he's 100% I'd say roll him out again.  Washington may get 40 minutes of garbage time passing game flow against NE and end up with decent numbers.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

If you were starting him prior and he's 100% I'd say roll him out again.  Washington may get 40 minutes of garbage time passing game flow against NE and end up with decent numbers.

This decision is what worries me, which is why I rather the coaching staff holds him out for one more week. Would save us all a difficult choice. Terry is super talented, and I started him vs Chicago too because I believe in the kid. If he's healthy I may be forced to do so again, because like you said , in garbage time he could potentially eat. But it also depends who is the QB for Washington. With Keenum I might start him, Haskins would think it about it all week, Colt McCoy no way lol . 

Edited by RunCMC

43 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

This decision is what worries me, which is why I rather the coaching staff holds him out for one more week. Would save us all a difficult choice. Terry is super talented, and I started him vs Chicago too because I believe in the kid. If he's healthy I may be forced to do so again, because like you said , in garbage time he could potentially eat. But it also depends who is the QB for Washington. With Keenum I might start him, Haskins would think it about it all week, Colt McCoy no way lol . 

Like I said a few days ago. Things are not looking up with Haskins taking the reigns. He's even worse than Keenum. 

I wouldn't overreact either way. The QB situation plus the injury definitely raise some concerns but for all we know he'll be fine next week and whoever is at QB will feed him.

I think a wait and see approach is almost a must. At least for one week (assuming he plays next week).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Miami, Pittsburgh and the Jets all got 40 minutes of garbage time vs the Pats. Didn't do anything for their player stats. The Pats D is just that good this year and, with Bill B. at the helm, there's ultimately no such thing as garbage time with that team. See Brady in for a final TD drive with less than 2 mins left against Miami in an utter blowout for necessary example...

3 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Good point about garbage time. 

Waiting this one out. Too much uncertainty, especially with the QB position. Was fun while it lasted, but for me, he's riding the pine for a week or two.

Washington can't possibly be stupid enough to throw their rookie QB in against this Pats D, can they?

(aw crap--they're totally going to start Haskins...)

Was offered Sutton for him today. Besides the Miami game Mclaurin seems pretty useless Until week 11....

NE- yikes

Miami- sign me up

SF- Sherman and good Dline

@Vikings- yikes

@ buffalo- yikes

Bye

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If Terry plays, Hoodie is going to scheme the entire game around shutting him down. Add in the question marks around his health, the QB situation (whomever starts will probably be benched), and the lack of TDs allowed by the Pats, and it’s an easy no-no.

I’m excited to flex him against the Fins but he’s a clear bench next week.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RunCMC said:

Either that or if he plays at less than 100% so they decide to use garbage time as an opportunity to let him rest...That would be the nightmare scenario.

Edited by ThreadKiller

11 hours ago, scheibler said:

Was offered Sutton for him today. Besides the Miami game Mclaurin seems pretty useless Until week 11....

NE- yikes

Miami- sign me up

SF- Sherman and good Dline

@Vikings- yikes

@ buffalo- yikes

Bye

He did put up 19 points against Chicago... pretty crazy.

• Like 1

Dwayne Haskins would be the worst thing for him.  Doesn't matter that they were college teammates - that will only get you so far when you are clearly not prepared to face NFL defenses.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, m_cox22 said:

Saw someone on twitter mention he was back at practice. Not sure if it was limited or not.

Banged up against the NE defense with Colt McCoy throwing to him?  Probably sit this one out Scarrence.

• Like 1

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

Banged up against the NE defense with Colt McCoy throwing to him?  Probably sit this one out Scarrence.

Same...going to watch and see. 

• Like 1

Also, I don't think that "Darth Belichick" allows for opposing teams to have "garbage time".  

1 minute ago, QQ1 said:

Also, I don't think that "Darth Belichick" allows for opposing teams to have "garbage time".  

The way that defense is playing they could be up 50 in the 4th and still play every down like their life depended on it.

No chance he sniffs my lineup this week even if healthy. I am curious to see who will be throwing him the ball this Sunday. If it’s Haskins, I may hit the WW. If it’s Colt, then I’m hoping they develop a connection.