thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

9 minutes ago, QQ1 said:

Also, I don't think that "Darth Belichick" allows for opposing teams to have "garbage time".  

2:10 4th - NE 3rd & 10, at MIA 10

Tom Brady passed to James White to the right for 10 yard touchdown to make the score 42 - 0

6:23 4th - NE 3rd & 14, at NYJ 48
Jarrett Stidham pass intercepted by Jamal Adams and returned for 61 yard touchdown to make the score 30 -14 

Brady put back in on the next drive. 

Point is....they play the whole game.

Edited by this guy right here
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

2:10 4th - NE 3rd & 10, at MIA 10

Tom Brady passed to James White to the right for 10 yard touchdown to make the score 42 - 0

6:23 4th - NE 3rd & 14, at NYJ 48
Jarrett Stidham pass intercepted by Jamal Adams and returned for 61 yard touchdown to make the score 30 -14 

Brady put back in on the next drive. 

Point is....they play the whole game.

QQ1's point was that the Patriots aren't going to play max-prevent with 2nd stringers even when they're up 53-7 in the fourth, meaning Scary Terry probably isn't going to be getting a bunch of garbage time points.

Edited by vercrazy
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, vercrazy said:

QQ1's point was that the Patriots aren't going to play max-prevent with 2nd stringers even when they're up 53-7 in the fourth, meaning Scary Terry probably isn't going to be getting a bunch of garbage time points.

Pointing out that the 42 year old Tom Brady is still in very late in blowouts was my way of supporting the argument. 

If they are willing to risk injury to THE ONLY REASON they win they'll continue using max effort on defense until the game clock hits 0:00.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

The way that defense is playing they could be up 50 in the 4th and still play every down like their life depended on it.

3c798d.jpg

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Pretty clear consensus from all of us 

Stay away this week

100%. What's really unfortunate here is I'm afraid this advice extends far beyond this week. Keenum will likely be inserted back when healthy, but even a bad half could bring Haskins, who would then likely need a week or two before we saw if McLaurin was as productive. 

I know it sounds crazy, but with this situation not sorting itself out for likely a month, along with the uncertainty to follow, he's a potential drop. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

100%. What's really unfortunate here is I'm afraid this advice extends far beyond this week. Keenum will likely be inserted back when healthy, but even a bad half could bring Haskins, who would then likely need a week or two before we saw if McLaurin was as productive. 

I know it sounds crazy, but with this situation not sorting itself out for likely a month, along with the uncertainty to follow, he's a potential drop. 

I hope not but it's entirely possible.  The wrong QB on a bad team can make a WR pretty irrelevant.   

Next week vs the Dolphins then we have week 11 (Jets) 15 (Eagles) and 16 (Giants) to look forward to? Any other matchups look enticing?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Agree but he's a hold until at least next week when they play Miami.

Keenum in a boot again. For Mclaurin's sake I hope they stick with him the ROS but they won't unfortunately. I have no faith in Haskins after that crap show of a performance. Maybe a few weeks of practicing with the 1s would help in that department. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Wow this is such a bad take, talk about overthinking things . Scary Terry went from a potential rookie of the year to a potential drop ... ok ... not buying that . Two

of Haskins interceptions weren't even his fault. Vernon Davis choked on an easy pass, tipped the ball in the air and caused an INT . The other play , Haskins

threw it to the sidelines with a 1 on 1 matchup against Jenkins I believe, forgot which Redskins wideout he was targeting , but he couldn't come down with it. I

bet if that was Terry he would've made a play on that ball. With that being said , yes I rather Keenum be under center for the whole season, we all do. But give

Haskins some more preparation with the starters , some game time , and he will do much better than we he showed us so far. His college history with Mclaurin

might be overplayed, but as long as he peppers Terry with targets , which he should , in volume alone kid is going to be a beast in PPR. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

Wow this is such a bad take, talk about overthinking things . Scary Terry went from a potential rookie of the year to a potential drop ... ok ... not buying that . Two of Haskins 

interceptions weren't even his fault. Vernon Davis choked on an easy pass, tipped the ball in the air and caused an INT . The other play , Haskins threw it to the sidelines with a 1 on

1 matchup against Jenkins I believe, forgot which Redskins wideout he was targeting , but he couldn't come down with it. I bet if that was Terry he would've made a play on that ball. 

With that being said , yes I rather Keenum be under center for the whole season, we all do. But give Haskins some more preparation with the starters , some game time , and he will

do much better than we he showed us so far. His college history with Mclaurin might be overplayed, but as long as he peppers Terry with targets , which he should , in volume alone 

kid is going to be a beast in PPR. 

Just due to all the WR injuries on the landscape, byes coming up, etc I do understand...but yeah you don't drop Terry man.

If nothing else, just for the potential he's shown you and that playoff schedule alone.

Haskins may be learning the NFL game but he is a good QB.  OP would absolutely regret this move IMHO.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Wow this is such a bad take, talk about overthinking things . Scary Terry went from a potential rookie of the year to a potential drop ... ok ... not buying that . 

Situation matters. I know he played with Haskins but we have no idea if he'll enjoy the same success that he had with Keenum. You can't start him this week. You can't start him next week. If, big if, he's been productive those weeks you could then roll him out with a reasonable amount of confidence. And that's assuming Haskins has taken the job and they've meshed well. If Keenum's back he could be benched at any time which extends this scenario out indefinitely. And, he's dealing with a hamstring. 

Edited by BGDDYKWL
  • Like 1

People were saying Terry wasn't a strong pickup after Week 1 because of QB play. He killed it. Now, unless Keenum is under center, he's droppable? Very convenient.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, miasma16 said:

People were saying Terry wasn't a strong pickup after Week 1 because of QB play. He killed it. Now, unless Keenum is under center, he's droppable? Very convenient.

Sometimes QBs have a connection with specific WRs. Given the uncertainty with the QB and injury, he's unstartable this week, he then has bad matchups week 8/9, then a bye week 10. So we're looking at 6 weeks before we MAY be reasonably confident starting him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Sometimes QBs have a connection with specific WRs. Given the uncertainty with the QB and injury, he's unstartable this week, he then has bad matchups week 8/9, then a bye week 10. So we're looking at 6 weeks before we MAY be reasonably confident starting him. 

No, we're looking at 6 weeks before you MAY be reasonably confident starting him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'm most likely starting him week 6 against MIA . Best scenario to put him out there, see how things shake out . Unless we get some alarming reports on Haskins

or Keenum during practices , no idea yet who will be the QB honestly, maybe it's Colt McCoy  . Best to play it by the ear 

Edited by RunCMC

13 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Situation matters. I know he played with Haskins but we have no idea if he'll enjoy the same success that he had with Keenum. You can't start him this week. You can't start him next week. If, big if, he's been productive those weeks you could then roll him out with a reasonable amount of confidence. And that's assuming Haskins has taken the job and they've meshed well. If Keenum's back he could be benched at any time which extends this scenario out indefinitely. And, he's dealing with a hamstring. 

Why can't we start him next week?? He's playing against fuggin' Miami and is basically the only receiver on the redskins worth a damn. Not to mention, bye weeks have started.  

10 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Who is "we're"? Do not include me with that lunacy. There is a great chance I start him next week in both of my leagues, health permitting.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

No, we're looking at 6 weeks before you MAY be reasonably confident starting him.

You confident starting him this week, coming off injury, with Colt at QB? Then next week it could be any of the three QBs, again not confidence inspiring. 

3 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Why can't we start him next week?? He's playing against fuggin' Miami and is basically the only receiver on the redskins worth a damn. Not to mention, bye weeks have started.  

QB situation. Barring setback I think we can assume he'll be healthy, but that offense could be an absolute dumpster fire. 

2 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Who is "we're"? Do not include me with that lunacy. There is a great chance I start him next week in both of my leagues, health permitting.

This is a guy essentially no one drafted, meaning you likely have 2-4 solid WRs on your roster. Look if it were Michael Thomas in this situation, sure, you may have no options and roll the dice. But gambling here with other options just isn't worth it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Sometimes QBs have a connection with specific WRs. 

That's true.  Just so happens that one of the QBs on the roster threw 11 TDs Terry's way last year.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:
33 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

QB situation. Barring setback I think we can assume he'll be healthy, but that offense could be an absolute dumpster fire. 

I don't care how bad the offense is.  Miami defense has stopped caring.  Reports of Dolphins players dogging it - https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article235296627.html.

Everyone is a start against Miami.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, QQ1 said:

Also, I don't think that "Darth Belichick" allows for opposing teams to have "garbage time".  

3 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Pointing out that the 42 year old Tom Brady is still in very late in blowouts was my way of supporting the argument. 

If they are willing to risk injury to THE ONLY REASON they win they'll continue using max effort on defense until the game clock hits 0:00.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Keenum in a boot again. For Mclaurin's sake I hope they stick with him the ROS but they won't unfortunately. I have no faith in Haskins after that crap show of a performance. Maybe a few weeks of practicing with the 1s would help in that department. 

Man, this QB situation is ugly.

17 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

Pretty clear consensus from all of us 

Stay away this week

Agreed. Which is why he’s gonna go 10-150-2

• Like 2
  • Haha 2