thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

3 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Benching this week, because NE specializes in taking away a team's #1 option.
After that, I don't care who he plays, sans MAYBE Buffalo.

but but but DVOA...

The same DVOA that ranks Chicago 3rd?  Terry had 6/70/1 19 points against them.
The same DVOA that ranks Dallas 15th? Terry had 5/62/1 17.2 points against them.

I understand the injury concern, but as an owner of Hilton, Landry, and Sanders... oh well.

Colt McCoy isn't special but has a long history of force feeding his #1 target.  I'm more concerned about Haskins, honestly.

Terry currently has the 5th highest PPG average among all WRs.  Missed a week, and I expect it to drop if he plays NE this week, but worth mentioning regardless.  Calling him droppable in 12 teams, might be top 5 most ignorant claims I've seen of 2019 so far.

I'm not confident I could give you 15 WRs I'd rather own than Terry moving forward.  I would rank and value him as a top 15 WR for rest of season until proven otherwise.
Maybe Haskins or his Hamstring ruin that down the road, but for now I'm not overly concerned.

I wouldn't be opposed to trading him away due to uncertainty, IF I could get at least WR2 value from him.  So Him being a WR2 + a lesser RB for a RB upgrade, or similar for a WR1, etc.

Good stuff FF 👍

41 minutes ago, whadeeb said:

dont think he will suck sunday nor excel, 5/50/0 

That sucks in my book.

We will just have to wait and see what Snyder does as interim head coach.

Edited by Mr.STD

If he exceeds 15 points in a full ppr in America this week then Cam is stripped and Scarry Terry is officially the new Superman going forward.

• Like 1

I remember when Josh Gordon went to play against the Patriots in 2013 and everyone assumed his hot streak would end. He stiff armed Aqib Talib and took it to the house.Terry isn't on Gordon's level of athleticism and general talent of course, but man would I would giddy if he punked the Patriots secondary tomorrow, even if the Redskins look predictably awful otherwise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, griffin727 said:

I remember when Josh Gordon went to play against the Patriots in 2013 and everyone assumed his hot streak would end. He stiff armed Aqib Talib and took it to the house.Terry isn't on Gordon's level of athleticism and general talent of course, but man would I would giddy if he punked the Patriots secondary tomorrow, even if the Redskins look predictably awful otherwise.

Athleticism? I would argue he’s as “athletic”. I would also say terry wants it more. I have both rostered and if it weren’t lopsided matchups for each this week, I’d typically go terry. I always have Gordon on my team but he’s never once won me a week. It’s more of a nostalgia/mascot situation at this point. You’re welcome if you’re trotting him out there this week. If I talk poorly on someone, well, you know..

Edited by itschief33
  • Like 1

F1 McLaurin, Scary Terry.. Let’s go ! Kid’s a stud. Solid WR3 with upside ROS after this brutal matchup. QB controversy is over blown. Just pepper this manbeast with targets and let him do the rest. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HarambeLives said:

If he isn’t 100% just hold him out one more. 

Literally no need to rush him out against the pats. I am hoping they rest him another week 

Terry McLaurin scored a TD in every game played in his NFL career.

(just wanted to say that with the high likelihood he doesn't today vs. NE.)

BUT, IF somehow he does......

3 minutes ago, Spina said:

Terry McLaurin scored a TD in every game played in his NFL career.

(just wanted to say that with the high likelihood he doesn't today vs. NE.)

BUT, IF somehow he does......

spacer.png

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GridironWolves said:

How do you guys feel about him today?

On my bench until Miami.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GridironWolves said:

I'd be more worried about the QB situation than his hamstring.

Keenum we know can get him the ball, who knows if McCoy can.

13 minutes ago, GridironWolves said:

starting him over a WR scrub in my league I can start 4 wr

sitting him in my league for Allen Robinson

Even if Tyrell Williams was available, I don't think I'd start him against the Bears. So my options are Scary or Valdes-Scantling. Rolling with Terry and hoping for the best.

11 minutes ago, Mest30 said:

Even if Tyrell Williams was available, I don't think I'd start him against the Bears. So my options are Scary or Valdes-Scantling. Rolling with Terry and hoping for the best.

I'll go with Valdes since Adam's is out