thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Just now, NyZD said:

Fair enough I didn't watch all of his college games and he does have nice touch from what I saw... That being said I was just making the point he played with some pretty great college WR's when people just throw his college stats around sometimes that can be deceiving..

 

No doubt.  There have obviously been some very successful college QBs that have flopped on Sundays.

Maybe it won't work.  But I think it's happening, one way or another.  And at least we're talking about the LOLphins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

 

I dunno.  Diggs didn't have a good game but Cousins went for 300 and 2 tds.  I might rather bet on Diggs getting a bigger share of that pie than Haskins throwing for those numbers.

 

Guess we may have an experiment on our hands then.  I'll take the guy who wants to be on his current team, and isn't the third wheel in a bromance between his QB and another WR, and we may have to meet back here on Sunday afternoon to recap.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

 

Guess we may have an experiment on our hands then.  I'll take the guy who wants to be on his current team, and isn't the third wheel in a bromance between his QB and another WR, and we may have to meet back here on Sunday afternoon to recap.

 

Haha fair enough.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New coach. Team committing to running the ball. New QB? Garbage opponent. Probably too much uncertainty for me. Anyone feeling brave? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

New coach. Team committing to running the ball. New QB? Garbage opponent. Probably too much uncertainty for me. Anyone feeling brave? 

 

Callahan says they are going to run it more, and I think it's worth the effort.  They have 88 attempts on the year, at 17.6 per game that's 31st in the league.

Will they be successful at it with Trent Williams gone and old man AP behind the switch?  Doesn't seem likely.  But even with 5 more carries per game it's not like they're the Vikings (30.6 per game).

Edited by JE7HorseGod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL, Callahan says Haskins isn't ready.

The lesson, as always, I know nothing.  Carry on.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

 

Callahan says they are going to run it more, and I think it's worth the effort.  They have 88 attempts on the year, at 17.6 per game that's 31st in the league.

Will they be successful at it with Trent Williams gone and old man AP behind the switch?  Doesn't seem likely.  But even with 5 more carries per game it's not like they're the Vikings (30.6 per game).

it's hard to keep running it more when you're down 2 TDs

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

LOL, Callahan says Haskins isn't ready.

The lesson, as always, I know nothing.  Carry on.

Correct 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's looked good and they're obviously going to be chasing points basically all year with the defense. All you need is some QB stability and this kid will be fine. Probably based on garbage time points, but whatever. That's why it's called fantasy. 

Edited by LongBalls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Decent stat line against NE in my opinion.  Glad I benched, but he's an easy start for me moving forward, until proven otherwise, QB, offense, and coach be damned.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're considering sitting him against the Dolphins, cut him, and then give all your league mates $20 apiece for wasting their time

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy hell this team is tar tar 😂😂 you’re going absolutely nowhere and yet you don’t want to get your future QB some reps to figure it out now that you’re past the best def? I’m bout to drop and let someone else deal w the headache that is this franchise. I wouldn’t mind him going AB/Diggs to get traded. Cmon to Detroit. We’re far less dysfunctional 🙄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

If you're considering sitting him against the Dolphins, cut him, and then give all your league mates $20 apiece for wasting their time

 

To be fair, the Redskins are challenging Miami for the dumpster-fire team of the year. Just like I would hesitate to call anyone on Miami a “must start” I’m also hesitant to call anyone on Washington a must start too.  Especially with a coaching change on top of everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hero202 said:

 

To be fair, the Redskins are challenging Miami for the dumpster-fire team of the year. Just like I would hesitate to call anyone on Miami a “must start” I’m also hesitant to call anyone on Washington a must start too.  Especially with a coaching change on top of everything. 

 

I mean they still gotta throw the ball to someone right ... Terry is a great start this week vs MIA , all things considered. Folks are tripping out for what exactly lol , he still had a halfway decent game against NE yesterday. 7 targets , 3 receptions for 51 yards . In what world is that a horrible stat line . Mike Evans says Hi , and his goose egg to go along with him lol . Moving forward Terry will be just fine , he's a super talented kid .

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's a Mclaren F1 compared to OBJ GEO Prism the last 2 weeks, his 8 points are more than OBJ last 2 games combined.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm more willing to start McLaurin with Colt in there than Haskins.

This reminds me of the whole Johnny Manziel saga.  Pettine kept telling the media that Manziel wasn't ready but there was so much pressure to start him that he finally did it.  Manziel was absolutely horrible (80 yards passing, 2 INTs, Browns lose 30-0).  Pretty sure none of the Browns receivers had a good day that day.  He was so bad that they went back to Hoyer in the next game.

Haskin is different in that he doesn't have all that baggage that Manziel had, but if the coach says he's not ready, it should be respected.  The coaches see them play every day in practice.  How do we know if he's ready?  Maybe in practice he's regularly doing really horrible rookie things, like holding the ball way too long or getting completely fooled on coverages?  Maybe he's throwing 5 picks a day in practice.  We have no idea.

Edited by Brownsfan74

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I'm more willing to start McLaurin with Colt in there than Haskins.

This reminds me of the whole Johnny Manziel saga.  Pettine kept telling the media that Manziel wasn't ready but there was so much pressure to start him that he finally did it.  Manziel was absolutely horrible (80 yards passing, 2 INTs, Browns lose 30-0).  Pretty sure none of the Browns receivers had a good day that day.  He was so bad that they went back to Hoyer in the next game.

Haskin is different in that he doesn't have all that baggage that Manziel had, but if the coach says he's not ready, it should be respected.  The coaches see them play every day in practice.  How do we know if he's ready?  Maybe in practice he's regularly doing really horrible rookie things, like holding the ball way too long or getting completely fooled on coverages?  Maybe he's throwing 5 picks a day in practice.  We have no idea.

That's a fine point.

If Haskins is really that bad at the pro level though, for Terry's sake I hope Keenum is getting healthy.  Colt McCoy's no bueno.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's locked an loaded in my lineup this week. TY Hilton on a bye and scary playing against the worst team in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

He's locked an loaded in my lineup this week. TY Hilton on a bye and scary playing for the worst team in the NFL.

 

Ftfy:) Honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see the skins lose to the dolphins. Still throwing Terry out there though. Hopefully he gets behind the secondary for a long score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Psideresider said:

 

Ftfy:) Honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see the skins lose to the dolphins. Still throwing Terry out there though. Hopefully he gets behind the secondary for a long score.

 

They could definitely lose, I just can't see the fish shutting down Terry the way a real defense can. It's actually better if the fish make it a game.

If Haskins was playing I'd be nervous but reports are that he isn't starting so I'm fine with either McCoy or keenum.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OrangeCrush said:

Best case is that Keenum regains the job. If that happens I believe Terry will be fine..

Agreed. 

McLaurin is gonna be a risky start for the foreseeable future. This team is a dumpster fire, and we have no idea who will be throwing him the ball each week. I know the guy had a good start but we're not talking about DeAndre Hopkins here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, OrangeCrush said:

Best case is that Keenum regains the job. If that happens I believe Terry will be fine..

 

The only way they don't go back to Keenum when healthy is in the scenario where they decide to give Haskins the job. There is clearly no way McCoy is beating out anybody for anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you’re not willing to start a guy against the Dolphins, you might as well drop him.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently WR11 in 0.5 PPR average points per game (not including DeSean Jackson's one game) and that's for an 0-5 team with 3 different QBs throwing to him and a hamstring issue. He also had a WR17 finish against Chicago. The only thing that scares me going forward is Haskins starting and looking like Baker Mayfield out there. Otherwise locked into my lineup.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.