thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

16 hours ago, WestCoastMets said:

Don’t overthink this. McLaurin shouldn’t be anyone’s WR2 or WR3. If he is in week 5 then you’ve had bad injury luck or a poor draft. He’s a bye week plug WR3 and a solid flex.  

I don’t mind that Callaghan wants to run a lot. That’s great. Even dead runs still get the D focused on the backfield which makes play actions more effective and allows for more 1:1 coverage with minimal or no safety help. In a worst case scenario o the skins pass 15-20 times a week. McLaurin will still get 5-9 targets and I’d still their best red zone passing option. There’s literally no one else in the pass game other than Chris Thompson, which again, keeps the safeties focused on the line of scrimmage, so McLaurins targets should be more lightly contested. Qb accuracy could be an issue, but a 50% catch rate and the possibility of a red zone or break away TD is always possible with F1.  

Low output to me is 3 rec / 40 yds / 0 td / 7 ppr pts. Reasonable expectation is 5 / 80 / 1 / 19 ppr pts. High is 7 / 110 / 2 / 30 ppr pts. This to me is his go-forward per game projection as long as Keenum is playing. If he starts getting yanked after 2 ints then all bets are off. For now, Terry is super safe high upside every week starter and best in class bye week flex fill in my opinion. 

L-O-L

• Like 2

What a Stud ... set and forget WR2 with Keenum under center

I overthought this and bought into the whole the sky is falling narrative. The Redskins were supposed to run it every down. Will someone please give me a reason not to start him next week? Your advice is GOLDEN!!!! Ready to worry!!!!

People sitting a talented primary target against the Dolphins need to find a new hobby. 

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

I overthought this and bought into the whole the sky is falling narrative. The Redskins were supposed to run it every down. Will someone please give me a reason not to start him next week? Your advice is GOLDEN!!!! Ready to worry!!!!

He's got the 49ers, Vikings, and Bills all coming up. Those are all opponents significantly better than the Dolphins. On the other hand he's produced against both the Pats and the Bears this season. At this point he's worked his way well in to the circle of trust for me and I'm tempted to start him over somebody like Boyd regardless of opponent. Guy just seems to put up points regardless of who he's playing against or how badly his team plays. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, yossarian said:

He's got the 49ers, Vikings, and Bills all coming up. Those are all opponents significantly better than the Dolphins. On the other hand he's produced against both the Pats and the Bears this season. At this point he's worked his way well in to the circle of trust for me and I'm tempted to start him over somebody like Boyd regardless of opponent. Guy just seems to put up points regardless of who he's playing against or how badly his team plays. 

Facts. AT the very LEAST he is a SOLID flex option. 

1 minute ago, yossarian said:

I became a believer when he scored against the Bears.

• Like 1

Just now, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Facts. AT the very LEAST he is a SOLID flex option. 

oh yeah. i think at this point maybe it's time to consider him a WR2 with maaaaaybe some low WR1 upside depending on opponent? This time of year it feels like those tiers start to get very muddled. 

• Like 3

WR1 or WR3,  I dont care what we call him but he's reached must start status for me

• Like 4

He's the primary look on just about every pass. The 2nd TD specifically designed for him, it was basically the late Brady to Edelman play. 

I was dead wrong about him once again. I was worried this would be an ugly, low scoring game where they pounded it with AP and Keenum only threw for like 150. Checked all those boxes but amazingly McLauren still went off. 

On 10/12/2019 at 10:08 AM, tatddy said:

Currently leaning towards starting F1 over both Ju Ju and Gallup. Methinks you run worried benchers are bonkers. I see a monster game ahead. 

Well it’s always easy in reflection. Cheerrrrssss

8 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I was dead wrong about him once again. I was worried this would be an ugly, low scoring game where they pounded it with AP and Keenum only threw for like 150. Checked all those boxes but amazingly McLauren still went off. 

You forgot a few boxes

He's the #1 receiver on his team (by a mile) and has gotten 7+ targets every game of his career

He was playing against probably the worst NFL team in history

He's really good at football

• Like 2

12 hours ago, yossarian said:

Terry is awesome but, the 49ers and the Bills really worry me.  Their pass defenses are solid.  The 49ers just dismantled the Rams passing attack (I started Kupp).  

12 hours ago, JSA2422 said:

He's the primary look on just about every pass. The 2nd TD specifically designed for him, it was basically the late Brady to Edelman play. 

Late Brady ? Did he die ?

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Kilo said:

Terry is awesome but, the 49ers and the Bills really worry me.  Their pass defenses are solid.  The 49ers just dismantled the Rams passing attack (I started Kupp).  

He’s a must start as long as Keenum is at the helm. McLaurin is a stud and can beat good defenders.

Edited by ponchsox

The question we have to keep asking about the 49ers is — do they really have that good a defense, or are their opponents that easy to shut down? They’ve faced a lot of opponents that we *thought* would be good, but have since proven to be largely dysfunctional as the sample size gets larger. The Steelers, Browns and Rams all fit that criteria.

Meanwhile, Scary Terry keeps producing with a nice floor even in tough matchups. I don’t know if I can handle benching him at this point.

16 hours ago, Guwop said:

As long as Keenum is around we are golden 

Damn right. One guy wanted Haskins under center so damn bad. 

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

Damn right. One guy wanted Haskins under center so damn bad. 

LOL.

I'm guessing that was me?

Didn't want him, just thought they were going to.  I was wrong, it happens.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LongBalls said:

People sitting a talented primary target against the Dolphins need to find a new hobby. 

I was on the fence early in the week due to the uncertainty at QB and Xavien Howard.  Once both became a non issue, he was a must start and in my lineup.  Even when we didn't know Case was playing and Xavien was out, he was likely in my lineup simply because...if you're not going to play him against Miami, then when would you ever play him?  May as well drop him then.

He's the number 6 WR in the league in terms of fantasy points per game. He's a WR1 until further notice. He lit up the Bears and put up over 50 yards against the Pats. I think he's a locked in starter every week until further notice. 

• Like 1