thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

15 hours ago, Thrill22 said:

this the video that made me snag him 

I don't really allow videos like these to sell me on players but this guy sounds hungry and seems to want to be elite in the league. We'll see in a few seasons if he can get there. 

Edited by Cardiak

5 minutes ago, roughnecker101 said:

Hopefully wash is bringing 6 QBs vs SF because their gonna be dropping like flys

That would be horrible.  I have high confidence with Case in there that the McLaurin show is going to continue.  If they go to Haskins due to injury or to see what he has, then I dunno.  Haskins was brutal against a terrible Giants secondary.  100 yards, 3 picks on 17 passes.  You put Haskins in, it's possible the Wash passing attack turns into Josh Rosen Miami level suckage.  Nobody's gonna be good.

Some people on this thread seem to think that McLaurin is QB proof, but I don't think any WR is.  Good WRs can produce the nearly the same going from a great to an average QB, but if the QB is terrible, they're done.  There are so many examples of this.

Also, some people think Haskins is going to be good enough to keep McLaurin productive...the jury is out on that.  I'd just hope that the Giants game was a reflection of growing pains and Haskins not being ready (he came in mid-game) and less of an indication of his ability.  But who knows.  We've got literally 17 regular season pass attempts to go on.

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

That would be horrible.  I have high confidence with Case in there that the McLaurin show is going to continue.  If they go to Haskins due to injury or to see what he has, then I dunno.  Haskins was brutal against a terrible Giants secondary.  100 yards, 3 picks on 17 passes.  You put Haskins in, it's possible the Wash passing attack turns into Josh Rosen Miami level suckage.  Nobody's gonna be good.

Some people on this thread seem to think that McLaurin is QB proof, but I don't think any WR is.  Good WRs can produce the nearly the same going from a great to an average QB, but if the QB is terrible, they're done.  There are so many examples of this.

Also, some people think Haskins is going to be good enough to keep McLaurin productive...the jury is out on that.  I'd just hope that the Giants game was a reflection of growing pains and Haskins not being ready (he came in mid-game) and less of an indication of his ability.  But who knows.  We've got literally 17 regular season pass attempts to go on.

Haskins is simply not ready yet.

Hopefully Case is the QB as long as humanly possible... Coach and QB praising him left and right after the game.

Edited by CroNY
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Haskins is simply not ready yet.

Hopefully the Wash staff is smart enough not to put him in until he is at least competent, unlike what the Browns did with Manziel because of media/fan pressure.  A late season change could be bad, but if they wait until he's ready, it may not turn out like the Giants game.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

So are we starting him this week?

tenor.gif

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

So are we starting him this week?

23 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

tenor.gif

Hmmm although he’s been great i finally really hard to start him vs SF they shut down the rams last week and tbh rams are way better than Washington so...

I would count him as a mid wr2 against a tough 49er d and decide that way.  If you got better options, sit him.  I'm gonna venture that most do not have 2 wrs and a flex that are better.

He is currently WR9 in .5 ppr, if his name was OBJ, Keenan, Julio, etc. would you bench him?

2 minutes ago, beerfish said:

He is currently WR9 in .5 ppr, if his name was OBJ, Keenan, Julio, etc. would you bench him?

JuJu, yes. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HOF12 said:

Hmmm although he’s been great i finally really hard to start him vs SF they shut down the rams last week and tbh rams are way better than Washington so...

What did Boyd and Ross do stat wise in a game where their team was utterly dominated by SF for 48 minutes?

Dont compare a rams division rivalry game with Wash

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HOF12 said:

Are you predicting a San Fran shutout? It's certainly possible given that defense (and I'm a believer in the 49ers defense).

That said, I can't see the Skins moving the ball whatsoever on the ground, so if there's to be any spark or glimmer of moving the ball and a score, it will come through the air.

Not a great matchup, but the same was said when they played the Bears and Cowboys. You don't sit your studs (and make no mistake, McLaurin is a stud) regardless of the matchup.

Don't overthink things.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, K197040 said:

JuJu, yes. 

JuJu put up 80/TD with Mason Rudolph against the 49ers so clearly nothing to worry about here.

I mean Washington can get shut out and Terry can still have a decent day. Lets say 5-6 receptions for about 69 yards. Very do able 

• Like 1

I'm starting him this week but I've been trying to shop him where I own him since his coming schedule looks less than awesome.  

9 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

JuJu put up 80/TD with Mason Rudolph against the 49ers so clearly nothing to worry about here.

That was all on one play. Like I’ve said in here twice your best comp for potential in this game is the trash time stats cincy passing game put up week 2

10 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

I'm starting him this week but I've been trying to shop him where I own him since his coming schedule looks less than awesome.  

Same but nobody wants him in my league 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

same story...really hard to trade wr these days if you are not overpaying and even that is not an auto-acceptance..who knows what to do with the guy

There's been some talk of running some new designs with Murray and Karma on the field at the same time.  Wonder if Zenner is the guy that would carry Kamara?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

Other owners are usually a lot slower when it comes to realizing a breakout from a player that isn't on their team. Your league will catch up soon when they start seeing your WR3 (draft perception, I see him more than a WR3) continuously blowing out their WR2/WR3.

What is with you guys worrying about a schedule for a guy on a terrible team who is getting massive snap count and target share. Last I checked you WANT them playing from behind for the most part.