thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

24 minutes ago, K197040 said:

There's been some talk of running some new designs with Murray and Karma on the field at the same time.  Wonder if Zenner is the guy that would carry Kamara?

Oh crap...thought I was putting that in the Zenner thread.

• Haha 2

I’ve read somewhere that keenum was sidelined today and Haskins got all 1st team reps

4 minutes ago, konstao said:

I’ve read somewhere that keenum was sidelined today and Haskins got all 1st team reps

It was noted that just a Veterans Day off for Case

• Thanks 1

Stats when Keenum starts in full PPR

@Eagles 23.50

Cowboys 17.20

Bears 19.0

@Miami 26.0

If Keenum is starting he is playing end of discussion regardless of schedule.. not to mention Keenum is so complimentary of his route running etc so maybe this is the budding of a bromance to go along with a few more targets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beerfish said:

He is currently WR9 in .5 ppr, if his name was OBJ, Keenan, Julio, etc. would you bench him?

This is always interesting when it comes to fantasy. Cause you're right, if I just said should I start the number 9 receiver against the Niners, everyone would give a resounding yes. But as good as he's been the resume just isn't long enough. I'm not saying he's a sit, but I understand the hesitation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, konstao said:

the Interim Head Coach, Callahan, came out with plan to get Haskins more 1st team reps so if/when he's put in he'll be ready.  I would think Keenum sitting Weds. could be part of the plan.  Sometime before the end of the year, there's going to be alot of pressure by management / ownership to get Haskins in there, especially if he looks decent in practice. 

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/10/redskins-seek-philosophy-change-dwayne-haskins/

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/16/dwayne-haskins-is-starting-to-show-a-lot-of-improvement-in-practice/

4 hours ago, beerfish said:

He is currently WR9 in .5 ppr, if his name was OBJ, Keenan, Julio, etc. would you bench him?

There is some truth to this argument, but the answer likely is somewhere in the middle. Name value exists or a reason, because they've shown over a large sample size to be good, given the opportunity. Historically speaking, most rookie WR are not this consistent, and so to simply use his current ranking in 0.5ppr in a vacuum is not the most robust argument.

That being said, his talent is there, and in these bye weeks I think he's a reasonable start even against the 49ers. 

3 hours ago, tatddy said:

It was noted that just a Veterans Day off for Case

Best writer on Twitter said that's BS, Case is hurting. Didn't sound like he thought Case was in danger of missing the game though. 

Terry will get his against the Niners. The niners front 7 is what really makes their D lethal. Ross, Boyd, Landry all had nice games against the Niners so I am not worried 

• Like 2

Just slid him in my flex over Boyd! Y’all convinced me. Let’s go mclaurin 🏎

2 hours ago, GoddardsTools said:

Terry will get his against the Niners. The niners front 7 is what really makes their D lethal. Ross, Boyd, Landry all had nice games against the Niners so I am not worried 

I like it.  

Is Keenum healthy?  If so, he should 100% be the starter.  The only reason to put in Haskins is if the Redskins are trying to repeat what Arizona did and tank for a top 2 pick QB the year after spending a 1st round pick on one. 

2 hours ago, HOF12 said:

Just slid him in my flex over Boyd! Y’all convinced me. Let’s go mclaurin 🏎

Kid's the truth ! Scary Terry is a beast 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GoddardsTools said:

I'm not so sure.  I've been on top of what's going on with the 49ers Defense as I picked them up earlier in the year.  The WRs who produced big were before the 49ers went on bye in week 4.  Nick Bosa had an ankle sprain in preseason and aggravated it early in the year.  The 49ers were giving him limited reps before week 3 to manage the injury.  They also got cornerback Jimmie Ward back from suspension after the bye.  He helped take the defense up another level after the bye.  After the bye, the best WR performance was Landry with 75 yards.

Lastly, Shanahan was the Redskins OC with his father during the RGIII days.  He may be extra motivated to humble the Skins, though he played it down during interviews.        

• Thanks 1

On 10/14/2019 at 10:34 AM, JSA2422 said:

I'm not exactly sure on this but I believe Sherman just plays one side versus traditional shadow. Shadows also normally don't move to the slot (which Terry scored out of this week). 

Also Sherman doesn't have the agility to stay with McLaurin.  He's better suited to covering big WRs.  No, the problem is 100% the 49er pass rush and Keenum's health.

• Like 1

glad i bought the RW hype and got him waiver bid week 1 over hollywood brown. next year will be interesting where he lands. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, brosephd said:

glad i bought the RW hype and got him waiver bid week 1 over hollywood brown. next year will be interesting where he lands. 

This. Like many have posted before me, it came down to Hollywood Brown or F1. Stature, height, reception differentiation, and history (work ethic) all played a role in the decision to retain this guy. He just seemed like he was cut from a different cloth. Those who wisely selected F1, congrats. He turned out to be a great acquisition. 

I like the guy but I can't see him doing much on that Niners defense. Hopefully he proves me wrong because Moore is on a Bye and Tyrell is out.

Im sorry but if youre still doubting this guy youre crazy. He's an every week plug and play starter regardless of matchup. Elite speed, elite route running...It's not like he's a one or two week wonder. If he's on the field he produces every time (barring the week he came back from the hammy). The highlights are enough for me to see this guy is the real deal and I dont care who is behind center.

Edited by CLE89
  • Like 3

I'm convinced, starting him again, even vs my incredibly nasty 9ers!!!!!!

Sidenote: GO 9EEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSS

1 hour ago, dfstout said:

I'm convinced, starting him again, even vs my incredibly nasty 9ers!!!!!!

Sidenote: GO 9EEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSS

A sixers niners fan huh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pushaZ said:

A sixers niners fan huh

I'm a huge fan of sports teams w numbers in their names...apparently...

9 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Some must see Scary Terry highlights:

Awesome vid.  Never mind the routes and hands... Dude has some nasty head shakes.  Looking one way, then back to pass.  Him and keenum have great chemistry