thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Tghetty said:

Awesome vid.  Never mind the routes and hands... Dude has some nasty head shakes.  Looking one way, then back to pass.  Him and keenum have great chemistry 

He's a great mix of elite speed, hands, and route running ability. My only concern is that that Bill (2 yards and a cloud of dust) Callahan will only give him 5 targets a game now. 

His upcoming schedule is kinda concerning- how many points is this team really expected to score?

Next 4 weeks:
SF

@Min

@Buf

BYE

I'm not quite at the 'set and forget' comfort level yet.

• Like 1

Over the next 4 weeks, with that schedule, I'm expecting around 60-80 yards per game and 2 tds.  I think 2 of the 4 will be good and the other two will be stinkers.

I think you start him anyway unless you have other good WRs who have great matchups.

40 minutes ago, Meets1 said:

His upcoming schedule is kinda concerning- how many points is this team really expected to score?

Next 4 weeks:
SF

@Min

@Buf

BYE

I'm not quite at the 'set and forget' comfort level yet.

Read the thread this has been addressed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elcapitan said:

Looks like a messy field they're playing on today.

Messy field and no wind helps the offense.  I just hope it isnt too windy.

I'm just getting a bad feeling about this game. The 49ers defense, 49ers running game, the weather...I think it might be too much to overcome. He also is overdue for a bad game, I've started him every game but I think I might bench him. 

8 minutes ago, gullit18 said:

I'm just getting a bad feeling about this game. The 49ers defense, 49ers running game, the weather...I think it might be too much to overcome. He also is overdue for a bad game, I've started him every game but I think I might bench him. 

He scored against chicago def, crazier things have happened

26 minutes ago, gullit18 said:

The concern with the 49'ers is they're built to really dominate time of possession.  I'm not concerned about the coverage on McLaurin, per se, or his ability to get open.  

But I do worry about a ton of three-and-outs for Washington, and the 49'ers abusing Washington's bad defense with the run.  Wouldn't surprise me to see 2:1 possession time in favor of the 49'ers.  

I am still starting, but this, to me, will be the least favorable matchup of the year.  Only up from here, imo.  

1 minute ago, Rainyy said:

The concern with the 49'ers is they're built to really dominate time of possession.  I'm not concerned about the coverage on McLaurin, per se, or his ability to get open.  

But I do worry about a ton of three-and-outs for Washington, and the 49'ers abusing Washington's bad defense with the run.  Wouldn't surprise me to see 2:1 possession time in favor of the 49'ers.  

I am still starting, but this, to me, will be the least favorable matchup of the year.  Only up from here, imo.  

my concern is no time for keenum to throw,,, 49ers pass rushers are no joke

If it's gonna happen today, it'll be during garbage time IMO.  I'm expecting to see squat for the first 3 quarters and then hopefully some 4th quarter magic.

Niners are about to stomp the redskins.  Need keenum to play well enough to not get pulled and tank terry's value going forward.

if TM will have a down game, this is it, like people said.  Might have to bench him in favor of Boyd.  After this game however, start with confidence

Some interesting nuggets from FantasyPros weekly prime on McLaurin:

With Keenum back under center, McLaurin was once again highly productive. Sure, the Dolphins were missing their best cornerback Xavien Howard, but it was going to be a plus-matchup regardless. Now onto the 49ers, who run a zone-heavy scheme, which means McLaurin will line up across from Emmanuel Moseley, the second-year cornerback who’s stepped in for Ahkello Witherspoon the last two weeks and done a solid job. Despite playing against the Browns and Rams receivers, he’s allowed just 4-of-7 passing for 28 yards in coverage the last two weeks. Again, he’s zone-heavy, so they’ll be relying on pressure up front, or McLaurin should find soft spots in the coverage. McLaurin needs to be started given his role in the offense as someone who’s weighted opportunity ranks third-best in the NFL, just behind Michael Thomas and Keenan Allen. Based on the weeks he’s played, he’s seeing 51 percent of the Redskins air yards, which is the biggest share in the NFL (closest player is Michael Thomas at 44 percent). Consider McLaurin a low-end WR2 in a tough matchup but one who should remain in your lineup.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tatddy said:

Isn't it an advantage for the offensive player if the field is sloppy. The WR knows where he's going, the DB is reacting. Harder to react and move on a messy field than it is to just get where you're going, right? 

Edited by ajs723

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

Isn't it an advantage for the offensive player if the field is sloppy. The WR knows where he's going, the DB is reacting. Harder to react and move on a messy field than it is to just get where you're going, right? 

You'd think so and there is some validity to that theory but the problem with QBs getting an accurate spiral on the ball in wet conditions outweighs any skill position player advantage. Light rain isn't a big deal but heavy rain in general means a sloppy trench won game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

True, but bad weather can mess with the passing game, especially downfield.

Easier to separate, harder to complete the pass.  Heck you may see some dbs flat out fall trying to cover.  You may also see drops and bad passes.

it's not raining sideways..he is their only real weapon..im starting..Niners not in the good spot after divisional away win travelling east

One of Case Keenum's best performances in college was in the rain.  Hopefully, this carries through today.

11 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

I have no choice but to play him. Oh well, hope for a TD

tha's pretty much where i am in one league. fingers crossed!