thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

yeah, a big HELL NO! on that one. 

just stop. 

that old foo' is on a busted ankle and a chit offense ... how did his "revenge" work out last time he faced the Vikes ... on a MUCH better offense with a HoF qb and a SB winning coach? yeah, not too good, amirite?

AP is a buffoon.  "revenge" my arse 🤣

now, Keenum i could see - and, i'll tell ya what, i'd have zero issue trotting F1 out tonight ... i think Cook goes absolutely bonkers, and the Indigenous Peoples will be in Heinz (ketchup) mode all night ... kid could see 15 targets. 

but, plz, stop with the AP REVENGE!!!1!!!!1!1 shtick ... it's ludicrous. 

Relax, lol. I thought I made my indifference to the situation clear with "I guess".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dropshadows said:

Relax, lol. I thought I made my indifference to the situation clear with "I guess".

fair enuff 👍

start F1

AP blows

gl to all. 

• Like 1

8-10 targets, if not more, looks very realistic for McLaurin tonight. On the flip side, the hope is that the Vikes don't knock Keenum out of the game - that pass rush might be swarming him tonight.

Edited by Bingo Bandanas

I can't... I just can't. 

The thought of watching 3 hours of the Redskins running an old and injured Peterson into a brick wall over and over is too much for my heart to take. 

It's a Thursday night game, the Vikings don't have Thielen and the Redskins are at least average defensively, so I don't even see the Vikings piling up points. 

This is exactly the kind of start that will make you pull your hair out all game. 

5 minutes ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

8-10 targets, if not more, looks very realistic for McLaurin tonight. On the flip side, the hope is that the Vikes don't knock Keenum out of the game - that pass rush might be swarming him tonight.

I'd set the over under at like 23.5 total pass attempts from Keenum, so 10 targets is asking a lot. 6-8 for TMac is much more likely. 

Just now, ajs723 said:

I'd set the over under at like 23.5 total pass attempts from Keenum, so 10 targets is asking a lot. 6-8 for TMac is much more likely. 

I'm thinking extra in garbage time, where Terry and Keenum have been pretty good this year as they chase the scoreboard.

Starting Diggs and F1 with minimal confidence tonight. As I see it they'll combine for anywhere from 3 to 60 points. Terry is not a play for the weak of heart this week -- I can see him going without a catch heading into halftime. The Skins are also implied to score fewer than two TDs, so his absolute ceiling is likely an 8-90-1 line.

1 minute ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

I'm thinking extra in garbage time, where Terry and Keenum have been pretty good this year as they chase the scoreboard.

Question is whether the Vikings will score enough points to create ample garbage time. If it's 17-3, the Redskins will absolutely stick with the run game. It would have to be something like 28-6 in the third quarter for them to start flinging it. 

Just now, ajs723 said:

Question is whether the Vikings will score enough points to create ample garbage time. If it's 17-3, the Redskins will absolutely stick with the run game. It would have to be something like 28-6 in the third quarter for them to start flinging it. 

We'll see. Let's put it this way, 28-6 in the third quarter wouldn't surprise me at all (and the Vikes have capitalized on turnovers).

It could also be a trap game with Cousin's spotty play in Prime Time, and the Vikes looking ahead to the Chiefs next week.

The latter scenario seems less likely to me though, based on the talent alone (namely Cook) and the Skins having a below average rush defense. He can just be a game manager and hand it off tonight, especially with Thielen being out.

I just hope it's not another ugly snoozer.

Yeah...I can't risk starting someone Thursday night anymore. 

Scary Terry taking the bench for me tonight. Thursday games are just avoids for me this year unless it's a superstar and, even then, Mahomes cost me last week. 

I hate that this is a Thursday night game.  Minny is actually a little suspect vs WR's in fantasy.   According to CBS Minny is ranked 26th vs the position.   I'm just not sure I'm comfortable starting him.

So which Vikings CB will likely be on Scary T this week? Xavier Rhodes? How's his season gone? 

Probably won't start him as I have Diggs who I'm planning to start, but curious about the MINN CBs and DEF in general. Keenum could be hungry for that revenge game, hope I don't pick the wrong guy to roll out haha 🤞

2 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

So which Vikings CB will likely be on Scary T this week? Xavier Rhodes? How's his season gone? 

Probably won't start him as I have Diggs who I'm planning to start, but curious about the MINN CBs and DEF in general. Keenum could be hungry for that revenge game, hope I don't pick the wrong guy to roll out haha 🤞

Minnesota gave up about a billion fantasy points in the passing game last week against Detroit, but other than that, they've been solid, if unspectacular. I certainly wouldn't expect Keenum to have a monster game here.  

Tough to be confident starting him on Thursday in Minnesota, tough to be confident next week in Buffalo, then he has his bye. In leagues with either shorter benches or solid waiver options it's getting tougher and tougher to hold this guy. 

• Haha 2

It's indoors and the Vikes secondary is living on reputation only. That being said, Washington will likely get crushed and be chasing all game. Definite chance for a big F1 game here.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

It's indoors and the Vikes secondary is living on reputation only. That being said, Washington will likely get crushed and be chasing all game. Definite chance for a big F1 game here.

Still don't agree with this. Washington's defense hasn't been bad, and Minnesota is missing their best receiver and playing on a short week.

This game just screams ugly TNF offensive abomination. Minnesota should eventually win comfortably, but I don't think they score early and often in this one.  

1 minute ago, ajs723 said:

Still don't agree with this. Washington's defense hasn't been bad, and Minnesota is missing their best receiver and playing on a short week.

This game just screams ugly TNF offensive abomination. Minnesota should eventually win comfortably, but I don't think they score early and often in this one.  

Dalvin Cook is going to feast, man. The Vikes o-line will simply impose its will, as they do against basically everyone.

Edited by LongBalls

8 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Dalvin Cook is going to feast, man. The Vikes o-line will simply impose its will, as they do against basically everyone.

I'm sure Cook will do well, but that isn't the formula for a huge blowout. Sounds more like a grind it out type of game. 

Just now, hangin n wangin said:

No one knows s---. Put him in or don't. Let's see what happens.

That's it. Time to close down the forum guys. We don't know anything definitively, so let's just end the speculation forever. It was fun while it lasted. 

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

yeah, a big HELL NO! on that one. 

just stop. 

that old foo' is on a busted ankle and a chit offense ... how did his "revenge" work out last time he faced the Vikes ... on a MUCH better offense with a HoF qb and a SB winning coach? yeah, not too good, amirite?

AP is a buffoon.  "revenge" my arse 🤣

now, Keenum i could see - and, i'll tell ya what, i'd have zero issue trotting F1 out tonight ... i think Cook goes absolutely bonkers, and the Indigenous Peoples will be in Heinz (ketchup) mode all night ... kid could see 15 targets. 

but, plz, stop with the AP REVENGE!!!1!!!!1!1 shtick ... it's ludicrous. 

Half the time I can barely tell what you are trying to say. Except for this post. This one is oddly coherent....and spot on. Nice work!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1