thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Tough situation as owners of F1.  If Keenum is the QB we have a bonafied starter at WR.  I won't say WR1 (I know the numbers are great with Keenum), but certainly a viable WR2 going forward.  The problem is we just don't know if Keenum is going to start the RoS.  I think he will because of how unprepared Haskins is to play.  He's awful right now, and I think the team knows that playing him when he's so far from being ready could negatively affect his development.   The flip to that is the owner for starters.  He's a moron who might insist the kid plays, and then Keenums health.  He's been beat up this year and concussions are no joke.    I might try to trade him if there is a team in need or if he can net me something in a bigger deal, but I think the time to move him was weeks ago.  Most people see what we see, and F1 is off his peak value.   The best course is to go week to week and if Keenum is under center then plug McLauren in.  If not you consider your other options.

1 minute ago, dicka24 said:

Tough situation as owners of F1.  If Keenum is the QB we have a bonafied starter at WR.  I won't say WR1 (I know the numbers are great with Keenum), but certainly a viable WR2 going forward.  The problem is we just don't know if Keenum is going to start the RoS.  I think he will because of how unprepared Haskins is to play.  He's awful right now, and I think the team knows that playing him when he's so far from being ready could negatively affect his development.   The flip to that is the owner for starters.  He's a moron who might insist the kid plays, and then Keenums health.  He's been beat up this year and concussions are no joke.    I might try to trade him if there is a team in need or if he can net me something in a bigger deal, but I think the time to move him was weeks ago.  Most people see what we see, and F1 is off his peak value.   The best course is to go week to week and if Keenum is under center then plug McLauren in.  If not you consider your other options.

Problem is every roster has 3+ receivers it seems, at least in 12 man leagues, and his value is likely as low as it has ever been. You might be able to get a like, Curtis Samuel/John Brown for him but I can't fathom getting anything more. 

11 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Trent Williams reporting. Awesome news for TMac. 

Unless he can throw the ball better than Haskins, I don't think it's really gonna change much. 

14 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Trent Williams reporting. Awesome news for TMac. 

Sadly - it means nothing as long as Haskins is throwing the ball.

1 minute ago, ludawg23 said:

Sadly - it means nothing as long as Haskins is throwing the ball.

5 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Unless he can throw the ball better than Haskins, I don't think it's really gonna change much. 

Pretty sure Keenum is still the starter. He may miss a week, but it's not like he tore an ACL. 

3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Pretty sure Keenum is still the starter. He may miss a week, but it's not like he tore an ACL. 

There is already rumblings that Haskins will be handed the job after the bye week.  In a lost season, there is no reason to keep trotting Keenum out there when they have to evaluate Haskins as some point.  It's really just a matter of time IMO.

Edited by ludawg23

3 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

There is already rumblings that Haskins will be handed the job after the bye week.  In a lost season, there is no reason to keep trotting Keenum out there when they have to evaluate Haskins as some point.  It's really just a matter of time IMO.

Interesting. Haskins just seems set up to fail right now. Not sure it does long term good to let him get his brains beat in. 

Williams is reporting but isn't going to play. Possibly Haskins this week in a bad matchup, then a bye, then possibly Haskins towards the end of the year just to give him some starts before next year. Just a terrible situation for McLaurin. 

Just now, BGDDYKWL said:

Williams is reporting but isn't going to play. Possibly Haskins this week in a bad matchup, then a bye, then possibly Haskins towards the end of the year just to give him some starts before next year. Just a terrible situation for McLaurin. 

Well, that excitement was short lived. 

16 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Aren't you the guy who said new Bengals QB hurts Green's value?  A new rookie QB for Mclaurin hurts his value, but a new rookie QB for A.J. Green...... helps his value?

Just trying to keep it all straight.

24 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

Aren't you the guy who said new Bengals QB hurts Green's value?  A new rookie QB for Mclaurin hurts his value, but a new rookie QB for A.J. Green...... helps his value?

Haskins looks absolutely terrible and Dalton stinks bigtime. I don't see the problem with his logic..

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

I mean they’re totally different players on different teams who happen to have entered the league in the same year. 

We’ve seen Haskins play. He sucks. You’re not a hypocrite or inconsistent if you think another rookie (say, Kyler Murray or Gardner Minshew) is an upgrade over the veteran they replaced.

16 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

That's the thing with watching Dwayne though - he's not even good enough to get a proper evaluation on. The kid literally cannot read a single defender, much less run an actual football play. He could barely handle taking a step back and giving the ball to AP without screwing it up. There's absolutely nothing that throwing Haskins to the wolves is going to prove besides just how unprepared he actually is. Getting absolutely crushed in real game time isn't 'experience' - it's detrimental to development. 

This is of course assuming rational coaching, out of Washington no less, so yeah, we'll probably be getting 6 weeks of Haskins handing it off 40 times a game and airmailing 4-5 throws over McLaurin's head each game. That said, here's your reminder to toss Guice on your bench - that schedule after the Bye is middling-to-easy. 

16 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

I mean they’re totally different players on different teams who happen to have entered the league in the same year. 

We’ve seen Haskins play. He sucks. You’re not a hypocrite or inconsistent if you think another rookie (say, Kyler Murray or Gardner Minshew) is an upgrade over the veteran they replaced.

New rookie QB hurts veteran WRs on that team every time.  Especially in A.J. Green's case where him and Dalton have been playing together for awhile and Dalton only has eyes for A.J. I agree Haskins hurts Mclaurin's value.  You really think Ryan Finley doesn't hurt Green's?

I don't think McLaurin is anymore than a WR3 the rest of the season. I think Haskins is the Starter from here on out, killing Scary Terry's value. I'm trying to trade him away while his value is still decently high. 

4 minutes ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

I don't think McLaurin is anymore than a WR3 the rest of the season. I think Haskins is the Starter from here on out, killing Scary Terry's value. I'm trying to trade him away while his value is still decently high. 

I agree. Seems like Chark was the standout WR of the early season waiver WR hypes of Marquise Brown, McLaurin, John Brown, John Ross. The others are WR3 type players in my mind, excluding Ross obviously. Maybe John Brown is slightly higher due to the safer perceived floor.

Edited by WaiverLooter

3 hours ago, fullonchubb said:

New rookie QB hurts veteran WRs on that team every time.  Especially in A.J. Green's case where him and Dalton have been playing together for awhile and Dalton only has eyes for A.J. I agree Haskins hurts Mclaurin's value.  You really think Ryan Finley doesn't hurt Green's?

He gave you examples of a rookie not hurting a veteran but you chose to ignore them I guess.

Keep being oblivious but I never said it helps him. I said we don't know if it will hurt or help. Rookies tend to zero in on big targets, which Green is. 

Now leave me alone. I've proven you wrong enough.

Haskins sucks, he hurts the offenses value. 

Finley is an unknown, we don't know what he does to the offense. 

1 hour ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

I assume people who make this comment haven't watched Haskins play. The guy is God awful ... like cannot play in the NFL. I expect Keenum to be in there whenever healthy as Haskins continues to completely implode whenever behind centre.

19 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

he takin' reps vs the first string D ... 

6 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

I assume people who make this comment haven't watched Haskins play. The guy is God awful ... like cannot play in the NFL. I expect Keenum to be in there whenever healthy as Haskins continues to completely implode whenever behind centre.

Yeah but the Redskins front office will force the coaching staff to play him. The worse the Skins record is, the higher the chance Haskins has of playing. It doesn't really matter if he looks good or bad. 

Terry's schedule looks great after the bye.  I can't imagine him not being a WR2 ROS.

Just now, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Yeah but the Redskins front office will force the coaching staff to play him. The worse the Skins record is, the higher the chance Haskins has of playing. It doesn't really matter if he looks good or bad. 

I get that, but he's so bad I don't think they'll even be able to play him. The optics would be terrible for the fan base, and continually imploding can't exactly be good for the kids development. Like he is really, really bad.

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

he takin' reps vs the first string D ... 

Yea, expected. Keenum hasn't been cleared from concussion protocol yet.  

• Like 1

Tomorrow and Friday are important days for Case.  The final step in the protocol allows a player to return to full practice so if he's not practicing at any capacity yet, he is still in the early stages.