thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Didn't everyone think Lamar Jackson looked horrible after his first game?  79.6 and 58.7, are Tom Brady's qb ratings for his 1st 2 games. 

I'm not a Haskins truther but folks seem to have his whole career figured out with not much time behind center.

They say there is one good thing about being a Skins fan. "next year"

I do agree that Terry goes from WR1/2 to a 3 until we have more data on what Haskins can do. '

8 minutes ago, Duckbutter said:

Didn't everyone think Lamar Jackson looked horrible after his first game?  79.6 and 58.7, are Tom Brady's qb ratings for his 1st 2 games. 

I'm not a Haskins truther but folks seem to have his whole career figured out with not much time behind center.

They say there is one good thing about being a Skins fan. "next year"

I do agree that Terry goes from WR1/2 to a 3 until we have more data on what Haskins can do. '

He looks to have the slowest wind up/throwing motion I've ever seen.  I think screaming "I'm going to throw it right now!" would actually make it harder on the defense.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, oban14 said:

He looks to have the slowest wind up/throwing motion I've ever seen.  I think screaming "I'm going to throw it right now!" would actually make it harder on the defense.

I don't disagree he looked bad, I just feel like he needs a little more time to give an honest assessment. 

We've seen a lot of QB's look horrible during their first couple outings then figure things out. Although the team he is part of will be little help to his development. 

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

He gave you examples of a rookie not hurting a veteran but you chose to ignore them I guess.

Keep being oblivious but I never said it helps him. I said we don't know if it will hurt or help. Rookies tend to zero in on big targets, which Green is. 

Now leave me alone. I've proven you wrong enough.

Haskins sucks, he hurts the offenses value. 

Finley is an unknown, we don't know what he does to the offense. 

Just because you said you've proven me wrong doesn't make it true.  Honestly kind of seems like neither of us are right, rookie QBs are an unknown, can't say if it hurts or helps until we see.  All I've been trying to say is you can't say one unproven rookie QB does one thing and another rookie QB does the opposite when they are both unproven. Haskins played half of one game.  Just try and be consistent with your analysis, otherwise it looks like you're pulling it out of your butt.

18 minutes ago, oban14 said:

Not saying you're wrong, but scouts had "high quick release" as a plus for Haskins. 

7 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Not saying you're wrong, but scouts had "high quick release when compared to Byron Leftwich" 

fixed to include rest of the report 🍻

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, fullonchubb said:

Just because you said you've proven me wrong doesn't make it true.  Honestly kind of seems like neither of us are right, rookie QBs are an unknown, can't say if it hurts or helps until we see.  All I've been trying to say is you can't say one unproven rookie QB does one thing and another rookie QB does the opposite when they are both unproven. Haskins played half of one game.  Just try and be consistent with your analysis, otherwise it looks like you're pulling it out of your butt.

Haskins has played one game and a half.  Not just a half. 

• Like 1

McLaurin is very talented, no doubt about it, but can anyone see themselves starting him with their brutal schedule vs. the pass coming up?  He has good matchup's in weeks 14 and 15 but by then the Redskins will be a long way from the playoff hunt and Haskins will likely be the starting qb as the Redskins run out the season.  I dropped him in 2 leagues for the reasons mentioned.  I don't need anymore wr bye weeks fillers and I can't see myself trusting him with Haskins at qb if I make the fantasy playoffs in the semi-finals and finals.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

McLaurin is very talented, no doubt about it, but can anyone see themselves starting him with their brutal schedule vs. the pass coming up?  He has good matchup's in weeks 14 and 15 but by then the Redskins will be a long way from the playoff hunt and Haskins will likely be the starting qb as the Redskins run out the season.  I dropped him in 2 leagues for the reasons mentioned.  I don't need anymore wr bye weeks fillers and I can't see myself trusting him with Haskins at qb if I make the fantasy playoffs in the semi-finals and finals.

Part of me (the selfish side) wants him to underperform for the rest of year to set up a discount in redraft next year 

1 minute ago, JSA2422 said:

Part of me (the selfish side) wants him to underperform for the rest of year to set up a discount in redraft next year 

With Keenum playing, McLaurin is startable but you know that once the Redskins are completely out of the playoff picture which will be very soon, they will likely let Haskins start for the remainder of the season.

13 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

He’s definitely not start-able right now unless you’re really desperate and I agree he is become a candidate to drop depending on team circumstance. He’s the 5th WR in line on my roster so as much as I’d like to keep TM I just don’t think I can keep carrying him with byes hitting hard for other positions.

• Like 1

McLaurin has wr1-type talent but unfortunately he's stuck on a bad team with middling to bad qb's.

Cut him in both leagues of mine and from a coworker's team who asked for roster help. Excellent talent but coaching, quarterbacking, and schedule are all working against him. Sucks. 

1 hour ago, Vegemite2 said:

He’s definitely not start-able right now unless you’re really desperate and I agree he is become a candidate to drop depending on team circumstance. He’s the 5th WR in line on my roster so as much as I’d like to keep TM I just don’t think I can keep carrying him with byes hitting hard for other positions.

I agree, ideally we have roster space to sit McLaurin this week, maybe even the game after the bye week, and see what happens.  

I'd think a team starting an unknown-to-bad QB would do some 5-7 yard routes to force feed McLaurin with the hopes that he can break a tackle for a long run.

1 hour ago, sjm76 said:

With Keenum playing, McLaurin is startable but you know that once the Redskins are completely out of the playoff picture which will be very soon, they will likely let Haskins start for the remainder of the season.

not if haskins looks completely lost like he did so far, he wont last half a game

3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

still in protocol 

Limited practice though for Case so he’s cleared for some activity. Would seem on schedule to clear protocol in which case he’s starting. 

12 hours ago, K197040 said:

Terry's schedule looks great after the bye.  I can't imagine him not being a WR2 ROS.

Very true. But unfortunately I can sum up the trepidation in one word. Haskins. He has looked TERRIBLE. 

This guy might be a bench clog for us ROS. Cant drop him due to being a stud/great playoff matchups. Cant play him because of Haskins. I feel the more the Skins lose, the more theyll put Haskins out there to evaluate him since it's a lost season. 

Just now, Broncos132 said:

This guy might be a bench clog for us ROS. Cant drop him due to being a stud/great playoff matchups. Cant play him because of Haskins. I feel the more the Skins lose, the more theyll put Haskins out there to evaluate him since it's a lost season. 

That seems pretty pessimistic.  Sure it's a possibility, but he has a lot of talent and I just don't think that is going to be the case.  I could be wrong though.

23 hours ago, sjm76 said:

Couldn't agree more. Unstartable this week, next with the bye, and the following. If he produces week 11 with Haskins you'd be reasonably confident starting him week 12. That's a lot to ask for considering he's likely most people's WR3/4. 

Wait... so Callahan says Case could start on Sunday even if he doesn't practice...

Is that possible?  Isn't one of the conditions of clearing concussion protocol, logging a full practice, with contact?

Someone please weigh in