thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2020.]

Message added by tonycpsu

19 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Nah.  Haskins' accuracy is pretty bad, but he's shown growth in his decision making.  A lot of his incompletions were to McLaurin easily beating Slay, and Haskins kept overthrowing him.  Had him wide open on a 10 yard TD pass that he missed, and there was a 30+ yard bomb he missed him him that could've gone for a TD.

You might not feel comfortable playing McLaurin if you have better options, but Haskins is starting to look closer to something resembling an NFL QB and with how badly McLaurin is beating guys he's bound to have a couple decent games with the looks he's getting.  

Did you make your profile picture yourself? Or did you just find the perfect representation of the Redskins somewhere?

19 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Haskins is starting to look closer to something resembling an NFL QB

...like taking selfies with fans in the stands while he should've been in the game for the kneel down? Acting like they clinched their division or like he lead them on a long TD drive in the final 2 minutes? All he did was being gifted great field position and making a really good throw on a crosser to McLaughlin, who had a step on Slay, to set up the game winning FG. Credit to him. I'm sure he will improve. But right now he belongs into the tier of backup/3rd string QBs that start for the Steelers, Lions or Bengals.

2 hours ago, fullonchubb said:

Did you make your profile picture yourself? Or did you just find the perfect representation of the Redskins somewhere?

Lol.  Wish I could take credit for making it.  Stumbled upon it on Reddit or somewhere.

1 hour ago, frog34 said:

...like taking selfies with fans in the stands while he should've been in the game for the kneel down? Acting like they clinched their division or like he lead them on a long TD drive in the final 2 minutes? All he did was being gifted great field position and making a really good throw on a crosser to McLaughlin, who had a step on Slay, to set up the game winning FG. Credit to him. I'm sure he will improve. But right now he belongs into the tier of backup/3rd string QBs that start for the Steelers, Lions or Bengals.

I didn't say he was looking good or even like a quality NFL level QB, just that he's getting closer to looking like one.  Obviously I mean this relatively as he started out looking like a deer in the headlights, and he looks like he's at least growing and learning by the week.  His accuracy leaves a LOT to be desired, he missed way too many open throws, but he's reading the field better than he did a few weeks ago.

As for the other stuff, eh.  A young dude on a trash team who got his first taste of success, I'm not judging him for showing excitement in what is still a new experience for him.  If you view it negatively fine, I'm glad people are expressing such so that he can take it and learn from it.  Obviously doing that while the game is still going is stupid, but I viewed it as a mental lapse more than a character flaw.

Bottom line is he's looking for McLaurin more, and while the accuracy leaves a lot to be desired he seems to be seeing the field better and reacting to pressure better.  He's a work in progress who hopefully will continue to show improvement.  I know it's hard to trust McLaurin in your lineup right now but I think there's potential to get back to numbers he was doing with Keenum, and with how bare the wire is in 12 and 14 man leagues I don't think you'll necessarily find a better replacement.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

That TD catch was siiiiiiiick. 😳

This kid is a stud.

Yes he is! Such a good wr. 

I wish Haskins was at least competent enough to supply him with at least 6 targets a game. I want to start him so bad next week but don’t feel safe. That touchdown came in catch up mode/garbage time. 

Thoughts on him for the next 2 weeks in plus match ups? Haven’t really been following the Redskins, but I know that Haskins has been awful. Has he shown growth and at least some form of competency at his position to feed Terry? 

Had to bench this week given erratic qb play. Hope that doesn’t cost me this season given he scored that garbage time score and would have given me a few xtra points.

great talent in a variable situation.

This week was WR injury apocalypse. Feels like a lot of us are going to have to start Terry the next 2 weeks. 

3 hours ago, mvttchew said:

Thoughts on him for the next 2 weeks in plus match ups? Haven’t really been following the Redskins, but I know that Haskins has been awful. Has he shown growth and at least some form of competency at his position to feed Terry? 

Even with the great matchups, I can't see myself staring McLaurin unless I'm desperate for a WR.  Haskins and the run-first mentality kills his value.

6 hours ago, mvttchew said:

with Haskins and that offense his floor is 0. On the other hand he's so damn talented and those are some sweet, tasty matchups. I think he could go for a random 3 catch/100ish yards/TD game. You just kind of can't really be mad if he goes for 2 catches and 35 yards. 

I just wish case would be back just for the next two games 

• Like 5

No Guice + strong Eagles run defense should lead to Haskins airing it out this week against that garbage Eagle secondary, right..? 

All aboard the F1!

• Like 1

Haskins is hurt, do us all a favor and shut him down [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 2

I don’t have any better options at the moment so i might just have to sink my ship with F1 😪 

it’s sucks since he’s so good but the ab is horrible. If i could get just 14-15 point on PPR I’d be happy. 

he's a great WR, Haskins has tanked his value though. This is as good a matchup as any though except maybe TB lol

As far as the matchup against Philly, here's how fantasy-relevant WR's have done against them this season...
image.png.9b71b56b604931de45684d94d5b3284e.png

Philly has certainly had some rough moments against WR's, starting with McLaurin himself in Week 1. Beyond that, the fact that they've been burned the last two weeks, by two QB's (Fitzpatrick & Eli) around the bottom of the barrel, leaves some room for hope in Week 15. Good luck to those of us brave/desperate enough to start him this week!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Corleone said:

As far as the matchup against Philly, here's how fantasy-relevant WR's have done against them this season...
image.png.9b71b56b604931de45684d94d5b3284e.png

Philly has certainly had some rough moments against WR's, starting with McLaurin himself in Week 1. Beyond that, the fact that they've been burned the last two weeks, by two QB's (Fitzpatrick & Eli) around the bottom of the barrel, leaves some room for hope in Week 15. Good luck to those of us brave/desperate enough to start him this week!

Burned by 2 vet QB's who know how to pass the ball downfield. You are praying that Haskins can deliver not that Mclaurin has a good matchup

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Burned by 2 vet QB's who know how to pass the ball downfield. You are praying that Haskins can deliver not that Mclaurin has a good matchup

Praying that Haskins can deliver BECAUSE McLaurin has a GREAT matchup.

• Like 4

WR: Trey Quinn :  ( OUT )

WR: Paul Richardson : ( IR )

Fire him up boys !!  It's gonna be a movie on Sunday 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

It’s 1:53 am in LA, rolling off that Henny sliding him in to my WR2 slot. 

Its ride or die time boys 

• Like 1

So after that we kind of have to start him in the ship against the Giants, right? Haskins is starting to look like an NFL quarterback...