thebadferret

Terry McLaurin 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, dropshadows said:

Sure is hard shaking the bad feeling of investing in any sort of Washington wide receiver.

It's worth mentioning that Case Keenum looked as good as he did back when he was in Minnesota. Maybe Denver is just an abyss for Quarterbacks?

Any time frame as to when Haskins is expected to start? When and if Keenum appears to tank?

This is partly why I decided to not spend the big FAAB needed for him and invest minimally in bidding for Mecole Hardman.  Much better offense in KC and with Tyreek missing a chunk of time and injury prone Sammy Watkins opposite him, I'd rather take my chances on Hardman for pennies, compared to McLaurin's going price.  

Frankly, Keenum/Haskins concerns me and I'm not convinced that Washington team is going to be able to replicate this week in and week out (whereas KC certainly will)  

Edited by jonasdash

Just now, Griffin_Morrow said:

Analytics be damned

This isnt analytics per say, but just stone cold hard facts. 

• Like 1

I think it's really about their offensive line.  I mean...when you're starting Ereck Flowers, things are bleak, but they looked ok Sunday.  They did well against a good Eagles defense.

They have talent at the skill positions, although they aren't household names outside of Peterson.  If the OL is ok or even good, then they could be a lot better than people gave them credit for.

15 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

This offence could be explosive. They've got some weapons. 

like who?

Old men Peterson and Davis?

Career nobody Richardson?

Always injured Reed?

Hobbled Guice?

Mr Irrelevant Quinn?

You cant be serious.

• Like 6

Even Devante Parker had a decent outing on the league's worst team. I really don't care how good the team is or who is throwing him the ball. As long as my player picks up fake points, I'm fine. Terry looks like he can do that. So I got him. No need overthinking it. Simple really. Just watched a Youtube video on the kids work ethic and mindset. Was debating between him and Marquise Brown. The intangibles are what won me over. Mature beyond his years. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

Anyone starting him this week?   All the apps show it as a bad matchup but I think a lot of that is based on the Cowboy's game vs. NYG.   Who doesn't have any kind of passing game or a downfield threat like McLaurin.

13 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Even Devante Parker had a decent outing on the league's worst team. I really don't care how good the team is or who is throwing him the ball. As long as my player picks up fake points, I'm fine. Terry looks like he can do that. So I got him. No need overthinking it. Simple really. Just watched a Youtube video on the kids work ethic and mindset. Was debating between him and Marquise Brown. The intangibles are what won me over. Mature beyond his years. 

A+ Video. That just got me even more excited. 

This kid is Special

15 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Anyone starting him this week?   All the apps show it as a bad matchup but I think a lot of that is based on the Cowboy's game vs. NYG.   Who doesn't have any kind of passing game or a downfield threat like McLaurin.

Starting, only because my other options are Devante Parker, Dante Pettis, and Donte Moncreif. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, yanksman said:

like who?

Always injured Reed?

Hobbled Guice?

Mr Irrelevant Quinn?

You cant be serious.

This is good for future household name Terry McLaurin

Edited by pushaZ

51 minutes ago, yanksman said:

like who?

Always injured Reed?

Hobbled Guice?

Mr Irrelevant Quinn?

You cant be serious.

When you have a Case Keenum at QB you don't need elite weapons. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, K197040 said:

With Tyreek out, I'm starting him in my 16T WR3 or Flex and feeling good about it.

1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

This offence could be explosive. They've got some weapons. 

The only way it'll ever be "explosive" is if they have a team meal at Chipotle.

41 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Excellent video!

1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

Deep TD catch- Check

Catches over the middle- Check

Heavily contested back shoulder catch- Check

4th down catch- Check

Ok guys, I am sold. 

92% of snaps...check

• Like 2

i hate to beat a dead and buried horse carcass, but ...

had McLuvin' debuted against the 'Phins we'd be looking at a 10/250/2 stat line from week one.  TROOF. 

ok, Philly is suspect in the defensive backfield, that's been an achilles of theirs for a bit .... BUT AT LEAST THEY GOT OFF THE FRICKIN'BUS!

... unlike Miami, who turned in the most pathetic excuse for tackle foosball "defense" as i've ever seen. 

absolutely sickening. 

1 minute ago, Brownsfan74 said:

You guys are talking me into starting him already.  I was gonna wait to see him validate his week 1 performance.

I'm trying to figure it out myself.  I don't have a lot of good flex options. 

The only reasons you wouldn't start him are 1) bad matchup and 2) inexperience

I'm not convinced the Cowboys are a bad matchup.   He's going to be the fastest guy on the field and I'd expect that the Redskins are either 1) not be able to run the ball and/or 2) not have any kind of lead where they would want to run the ball.

Case is going to have to throw imo.   Potentially a lot.  

And from what I've seen, I'm willing to forget that he's a rookie.  

Maybe I'm wrong and he'll put up a stinker.

But of the options on my team, he's got as good a chance to give me a big week.

Felt good dropping Robby Anderson for this freak of nature.

The only reason I'm not starting him this week is because Tyler Boyd saw 11 targets last week. Another decent week out of Scary Terry and he may be promoted.