Sign in to follow this  
paokmaniak

Auction real salaries dynasty - strategy, values

Dear all.

I would like ask a question. It would be my first time  that I will play an auction (18 teams) dynasty with real salaries. I would like to ask if anyone know any webpage that gives a prediction of the values of the players in such a setting. I mean usually in my yahoo auction leagues i use the mean value provided by yahoo for a player but for a dynasty where the long term and the contracts play significant role i do not have fond anything similar

Any help??

Thank you

Stars and scrubs, other teams will start to drop decent players with their well rounded, even, playing it safe teams which you can use to fill out your roster. Master the waiver wire, be vigilant every day. You can easily pick up a rookie, or sophomore on the verge of a breakout and score big. All of a sudden you've got another star on a low contract. Within a season or two you'll be dominating. 

45 minutes ago, Auction>Snake said:

Stars and scrubs, other teams will start to drop decent players with their well rounded, even, playing it safe teams which you can use to fill out your roster. Master the waiver wire, be vigilant every day. You can easily pick up a rookie, or sophomore on the verge of a breakout and score big. All of a sudden you've got another star on a low contract. Within a season or two you'll be dominating. 

I don't believe in the stars and scrubs strategy because there is so much risk that lies with it. When you are spending more than half your budget on two players, you are banking entirely your season on those two players - and if one of them gets injured, you're season is over.

16 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

I don't believe in the stars and scrubs strategy because there is so much risk that lies with it. When you are spending more than half your budget on two players, you are banking entirely your season on those two players - and if one of them gets injured, you're season is over.

Different with dynasty, you get a great draft pick if you lose to pair up with your stars in the following season. 

1 minute ago, Auction>Snake said:

Different with dynasty, you get a great draft pick if you lose to pair up with your stars in the following season. 

Fair point.

I've always wanted to join a dynasty league but I can't seem to find one.