UcanTry

Justice Hill 2019 Outlook

On 9/9/2019 at 9:29 AM, owenmills said:

A lot of people freaking out about the rookie RBs not blowing up week 1. The fantasy season is a war of attrition. It was going to be almost impossible for Hill blow up week 1 and he probably needs an injury to really be a fantasy asset, but there's some upside. Obviously depends on your league size 

People aren't freaking out about anything. He's the clear #3 back in the offense...behind Edwards. Just like said he would be. Unless you're in a league with very deep benches you'd be foolish to waste a roster spot on Hill. It's not happening (this season). #reality

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, brosephd said:

so we're using hill as handcuff? or hoping his role's grows like kamara so ravens can sustain two rb's even with gus

He's definitely not a handcuff. Edwards is the clear #2. And yes, people are foolishly hoping he can be the next Kamara, even with two other RBs in the mix. The odds of that happening this season are about 1%. 

12 hours ago, dakimbell said:

Dude obviously Ingram is the bellcow, lol you arent claiming anything revolutionary here. Hill is a talented back that could get more work as season progresses and would obviously be pretty valuable should something happen to Ingram

Maybe you should scroll back through all the post in this thread because that's not what people were saying. The Kamara comparison was and is absolutely ludicrous. And if something happens to Ingram then Edwards will get the bulk of the carries, not Hill. 

"People aren't freaking out about anything. He's the clear #3 back in the offense...behind AP. Just like said he would be. Unless you're in a league with very deep benches you'd be foolish to waste a roster spot on Kamara. It's not happening (this season). #reality"

Not saying he's Kamara but there have been plenty of RBs that started the season 3rd on the depth chart and emerged to become league winners. I agree if you really want someone off the wire and have no one else worth dropping then go ahead and drop. I'm personally holding for a few more weeks. He certainly passes the eye test for me and I'd rather have him than guys like Ito Smith, Peyton Barber, Mattison etc.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

"People aren't freaking out about anything. He's the clear #3 back in the offense...behind AP. Just like said he would be. Unless you're in a league with very deep benches you'd be foolish to waste a roster spot on Kamara. It's not happening (this season). #reality"

Not saying he's Kamara but there have been plenty of RBs that started the season 3rd on the depth chart and emerged to become league winners. I agree if you really want someone off the wire and have no one else worth dropping then go ahead and drop. I'm personally holding for a few more weeks. He certainly passes the eye test for me and I'd rather have him than guys like Ito Smith, Peyton Barber, Mattison etc.

What over Mattison ( a league winning handcuff ) and Ito Smith who is the clear cut #2 behind the oft injured Freeman. He even out snapped him 27-25 last game. Umm yeah no sorry ... that's just bad business . I agree the kid is talented but alot of things need to go his way for him to get meaningful touches. This whole, if the season progresses he will get more touches is a false narrative. It doesn't always end that way , possible yes, but who knows really. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

What over Mattison ( a league winning handcuff ) and Ito Smith who is the clear cut #2 behind the oft injured Freeman. He even out snapped him 27-25 last game. Umm yeah no sorry ... that's just bad business . I agree the kid is talented but alot of things need to go his way for him to get meaningful touches. This whole, if the season progresses he will get more touches is a false narrative. It doesn't always end that way , possible yes, but who knows really. 

Mattison ran a 4.7 40 and is a classic case of preseason over hype. Even if he does get the job he's more than likely just a plodder imo. Ito I want to hold on to but he's also a JAG. I prefer to hold on to more talented players over JAGs in slightly better situations, that's just my strategy. I've had Kamara, David Johnson, James Conner, and others during their break out rookie seasons and am a big believer in talent over opportunity. Doesn't work every time but just how I like to play ff.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Exactly my point! People were literally saying he would be this year's Kamara three days ago in this thread...and now he's being lumped in with the Mattson's and Ito Smith's which is where he should be. Also, why did he change "Edwards" to "AP" in my post when he replied? Am I missing the joke? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, owenmills said:

See, the problem with these forums is people make this statements with such certainty, which is funny at any point in the season but especially funny after 1 week. Nobody should've been expecting much out of the gate but you have no idea how the season will play out. He's already getting touches so he's one injury away from a big role most likely. And yes, league size matters(common sense right?)

Is it just as funny as people making statements before week 1 (in this thread) that he was a "must own" and the next Kamara? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, jmcampbe11 said:

Is it just as funny as people making statements before week 1 (in this thread) that he was a "must own" and the next Kamara? 

So because you felt like 'people' overhyped him you are now trying to balance it out by telling us with 100% certainly he's not happening this year. Got it. Keep fighting the good fight. The forums appreciates guys like you

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Mattison ran a 4.7 40 and is a classic case of preseason over hype. Even if he does get the job he's more than likely just a plodder imo. Ito I want to hold on to but he's also a JAG. I prefer to hold on to more talented players over JAGs in slightly better situations, that's just my strategy. I've had Kamara, David Johnson, James Conner, and others during their break out rookie seasons and am a big believer in talent over opportunity. Doesn't work every time but just how I like to play ff.

Ok.. way different situations. And you naming 3 stud RB's just to push your narrative on Hill is entirely misleading.  Mattison did just fine last game , 9 carries for 49 yards @ 5.4 YPC . It's not all about your 40 time . And they're not JAG's that's your opinion only, not a statement or a fact. Anyways, good luck to you 

35 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Ok.. way different situations. And you naming 3 stud RB's just to push your narrative on Hill is entirely misleading.  Mattison did just fine last game , 9 carries for 49 yards @ 5.4 YPC . It's not all about your 40 time . And they're not JAG's that's your opinion only, not a statement or a fact. Anyways, good luck to you 

Maybe Conner wasnt a great comparison But I compare him to Alvin and DJ because they both started their rookie season as the 3rd RB on the depth chart and then became league winners. 

The reason I like Justice over guys like Ito and Mattison is that it would take an injury to either Gus or Ingram for him to get a lot of touches on this run heavy offense where for the other two you're counting on an injury to one guy, so I like the odds of Justice getting involved a bit more and also believe he's the most talented back out of the 3. And good luck to you too man👍

Edit: You're really making me rethink my thought on Ito tho. It's gonna be a tough call if I have to drop one of the two or I might just say screw it and go no kicker.

Edited by stay_woke
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Go hang out in the Ingram and Edwards thread. 🤪

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Maybe Conner wasnt a great comparison But I compare him to Alvin and DJ because they both started their rookie season as the 3rd RB on the depth chart and then became league winners. 

The reason I like Justice over guys like Ito and Mattison is that it would take an injury to either Gus or Ingram for him to get a lot of touches on this run heavy offense where for the other two you're counting on an injury to one guy, so I like the odds of Justice getting involved a bit more and also believe he's the most talented back out of the 3. And good luck to you too man👍

Edit: You're really making me rethink my thought on Ito tho. It's gonna be a tough call if I have to drop one of the two or I might just say screw it and go no kicker.

Honestly at the end of the day, it’s all really a guessing game. Anyone of these dudes could potentially hit. Go with your gut and hope for the best. But don’t go no kicker , unless you know for sure your going to trounce your opponent this week. Those points from your K’er are crucial sometimes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kilo said:

Something to monitor.  Could Justice Hill see more work?  Hmm..

Yes, a little. Behind Gus, obviously.  

• Haha 1

Holding Ito over Justice Hill is bad business?  I think we may have to revisit this one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Yes, a little. Behind Gus, obviously.  

You may be right, I hope not though.

Edited by Kilo

If you can grab a guy off waivers that has a clear path to volume immediately and maybe is in a good spot to produce now, I'd drop him. But it would have to be a solid option, otherwise I'm holding Hill.

On 9/10/2019 at 11:17 AM, jmcampbe11 said:

People aren't freaking out about anything. He's the clear #3 back in the offense...behind Edwards. Just like said he would be. Unless you're in a league with very deep benches you'd be foolish to waste a roster spot on Hill. It's not happening (this season). #reality

i dunno.

if you made a list of rookie RBs who received fewer than 10 carries in week 1 and went on to finish top 20, the list would be very very long.

heck, kamara had 20 touches through 3 weeks his rookie campaign...

I’m not dropping Hill for someone else that will just be riding my bench regardless. There’s nobody on the wire that I will pick up and immediately insert into my lineup. Hill is one injury away from getting consistent volume. Once his opportunities increase, he will produce. Too much talent not too. Icing on the cake that Lamar seems to have taken the next step and this could actually be a very strong offense. 

• Thanks 1