UcanTry

Justice Hill 2019 Outlook

Snagged him in my dynasty league. He is one of the few rookie RBs who could still be startable without an injury. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m_cox22 said:

In dynasty you consider long term talent, not the short term situation.

It depends entirely on your roster actually.

28 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

It depends entirely on your roster actually.

Can you explain why you would draft a rookie knowing he holds no long term value? However, I do understand trading for players based on if you’re going to make a playoff run.

His cuts are insane. He ran ahead of Chris Carson, a starting rb in the nfl, as a true freshman.

Edited by ellie826
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, m_cox22 said:

Can you explain why you would draft a rookie knowing he holds no long term value? However, I do understand trading for players based on if you’re going to make a playoff run.

Well for starters, I wasn't aware anyone had the ability to know which players drafted would have long term value and which would not. Dynasty owners with competitive teams take players in expected better situations over players with "better talent" all the time in dynasty. Look back at some of the rookie RBs taken ahead of Nick Chubb last year. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, disasterisk said:

Well for starters, I wasn't aware anyone had the ability to know which players drafted would have long term value and which would not. Dynasty owners with competitive teams take players in expected better situations over players with "better talent" all the time in dynasty. Look back at some of the rookie RBs taken ahead of Nick Chubb last year. 

Doesn’t the case of Chubb prove my point even further? You draft talent and not situation? Look at Rojo for instance. There were red flags all over about his talent but people still ignored because of his situation. Chubb however, dropped because of knee concerns, the depth chart and quite frankly the Browns being a s--- show. I didn’t hear anyone questioning his ability. Dynasty owners should’ve trusted that talent would win out. It’s not fun but you have to be patient. 

• Like 1

I saw this guy run like a stud in preseason and started to get hyped thinking he would have ppr value

then researched more and saw Lamar hardly ever threw to a RB all of last season, makes me think he will have little stand-alone value without a Ingram injury 

29 minutes ago, gus030 said:

I saw this guy run like a stud in preseason and started to get hyped thinking he would have ppr value

then researched more and saw Lamar hardly ever threw to a RB all of last season, makes me think he will have little stand-alone value without a Ingram injury 

In Baltimore it's going to be RUN, when it's not RUN we'll see primary read>check down>scramble/broken play. 

Harbaugh is looking for playmakers.  Hill is a playmaker.

17 hours ago, m_cox22 said:

Doesn’t the case of Chubb prove my point even further? You draft talent and not situation? Look at Rojo for instance. There were red flags all over about his talent but people still ignored because of his situation. Chubb however, dropped because of knee concerns, the depth chart and quite frankly the Browns being a s--- show. I didn’t hear anyone questioning his ability. Dynasty owners should’ve trusted that talent would win out. It’s not fun but you have to be patient. 

No, because the result of that one example is anecdotal; the outcome is irrelevant. The point was that people were advocating for opportunity over talent - Mike Clay had Rojo over Chubb - and that it is a viable and popular strategy in dynasty. 

I think the fact that Jackson hasn't thrown many check-downs is a little overblown. 

#1 How hard is it to throw a check-down to a RB? Has to be the easiest throw there is. 

#2 He hasn't had a RB with Hill's skills before. Who was he supposed to dump it off to last year?

10 minutes ago, machine3 said:

I think the fact that Jackson hasn't thrown many check-downs is a little overblown. 

#1 How hard is it to throw a check-down to a RB? Has to be the easiest throw there is. 

#2 He hasn't had a RB with Hill's skills before. Who was he supposed to dump it off to last year?

I agree that Justice is a bit of a different animal for the checkdowns than Collins or Gus last year (assuming Dixon wasn't in game)...but the checkdown thing with Lamar prob isn't that overblown, if the primary read is not there he does have a real tendency to take his eyes down and look to run.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, machine3 said:

It's not a matter of ability, it's a matter of inclination. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, disasterisk said:

No, because the result of that one example is anecdotal; the outcome is irrelevant. The point was that people were advocating for opportunity over talent - Mike Clay had Rojo over Chubb - and that it is a viable and popular strategy in dynasty. 

I understand that’s a lot of people’s strategy. It’s just not mine. He ask for advice and I was giving my opinion.  

On 8/20/2019 at 9:22 PM, ellie826 said:

His cuts are insane. He ran ahead of Chris Carson, a starting rb in the nfl, as a true freshman.

He reminds me of a quicker Ahmad Bradshaw.

• Like 1

Once Hill is playing with the first team, Lamar will be freezing lbs, and hill is going to get to the second level. Ingram can’t take as much advantage as someone like Hill. He is seriously a human joystick. It could be a Ingram/kamara combo all over again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I want to know how Ingram/Kamara got cloned onto 20+ NFL teams. It’s truly one of science’s greatest ever feats when you really think about it. 

Claiming an “Ingram/Kamara” type backfield has become the fantasy football equivalent of companies claiming “cryptocurrency” in their name or “.com” in their name in the late 90’s. 

Edited by gufomel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, gufomel said:

I want to know how Ingram/Kamara got cloned onto 20+ NFL teams. It’s truly one of science’s greatest ever feats when you really think about it. 

Claiming an “Ingram/Kamara” type backfield has become the fantasy football equivalent of companies claiming “cryptocurrency” in their name or “.com” in their name in the late 90’s. 

Haha I agree - everyone LOVES to use the Ingram/Kamara comparison - not just for this backfield, but just about every backfield now a days.  First it was Freeman/Coleman for a few years before it became Ingram/Kamara.  I'm sure at some point there will be another backfield that carries 2 top RBs, but to expect that to happen every year, to the level of Ingram/Kamara, might be a bit optimistic.  

Edited by Fort4242

8 hours ago, gufomel said:

Who are you holding that you can’t pick up Hill? Look how many rushes the ravens had last year. Do you think Ingram is going to become a 20+ carry rb when he’s never done it in his long history? If hill is getting 10+ touches and he is running effectively, why can’t he come a viable flex play? Have you seen his runs in the preseason?

47 minutes ago, ellie826 said:

Who are you holding that you can’t pick up Hill? Look how many rushes the ravens had last year. Do you think Ingram is going to become a 20+ carry rb when he’s never done it in his long history? If hill is getting 10+ touches and he is running effectively, why can’t he come a viable flex play? Have you seen his runs in the preseason?

I’m not denying that Hill has some degree of value, but “become a viable Flex play” is a far cry from what Kamara did his rookie year. I think I’ve seen like 10 backfields discussed as Ingram/Kamara comparisons, so I was just making a tongue in cheek comment.

As far as who I’m holding, Darwin Thompson is at the end of my bench and I believe he has more upside. 

8 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

Haha I agree - everyone LOVES to use the Ingram/Kamara comparison - not just for this backfield, but just about every backfield now a days.  First it was Freeman/Coleman for a few years before it became Ingram/Kamara.  I'm sure at some point there will be another backfield that carries 2 top RBs, but to expect that to happen every year, to the level of Ingram/Kamara, might be a bit optimistic.  

This... it’s simply a working RBBC 

before the Freeman/Coleman, you had Diangelo Williams/Jonathan Stewart and before them, Ahmad Bradshaw/Brandon Jacobs.

the point is, one of these players will be a solid RB2 or even RB1. And the other is a solid flex with RB2 Upside 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Is he ahead of Gus?

I doubt Harbaugh even knows

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2019 at 6:28 AM, gufomel said:

Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones were the original.

Edited by ss3walkman

4 minutes ago, ss3walkman said:

Jamaal Charles and Thomas Jones were the original.

cj2k and white, Jacobs and Bradshaw too