UcanTry

Justice Hill 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Ok, kid got skills, that's clear. But he also has a ton of RBs and LJax in front of him, and I still think that's a problem.

A ton of RB's? He has Ingram and Gus Edwards. Word is that Kenneth Dixon is on the chopping block. I don't think it'd be too hard for Justice to usurp Gus throughout the season if he continues to make plays like the ones in that highlight vid. 

On top of that, the BAL o-line is pretty good and they run the ball so much they could absolutely support two RB's that are fantasy relevant even with Lamar running as well. Lamar has also been on record saying he's going to pass more and run less. Now if that's actually going to happen remains to be seen, I'll be honest, but it's definitely a good thing to hear if you're going to take a late round flyer on Hill. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2019 at 2:10 PM, yossarian said:

am i reading that chart wrong or does Hill have like...no agility? I feel like agility would be very important for a RB. What's up with that part of the chart?

 

Also...my BIGGEST issue with that chart is that JC is wearing a damn Denver jersey. SACRILEGE! I know he finished as a Bronco but that should be a damn KC jersey at this point. 

screw the charts. my eyes tell me the kid has strength aAND agility. one of my favorite late round rb adds.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

No agility means he is a strong , fast plodder. He will hit the pile with speed and strength

 

So he’s the new god of plod?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, owenmills said:

 

So he’s the new god of plod?

 

The only thing “plod” about him:

 

Play

Like 

Otherworldly 

Deity

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lbjames6 said:

A ton of RB's? He has Ingram and Gus Edwards. Word is that Kenneth Dixon is on the chopping block. I don't think it'd be too hard for Justice to usurp Gus throughout the season if he continues to make plays like the ones in that highlight vid. 

On top of that, the BAL o-line is pretty good and they run the ball so much they could absolutely support two RB's that are fantasy relevant even with Lamar running as well. Lamar has also been on record saying he's going to pass more and run less. Now if that's actually going to happen remains to be seen, I'll be honest, but it's definitely a good thing to hear if you're going to take a late round flyer on Hill. 

 

This is probably in the Mark Ingram thread but also applies to Justice Hill: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/strength-of-schedule.php?position=RB

Ravens have the #1 most RB-friendly schedule in the NFL in 2019...

If you're in redraft, get him while he's free.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm wondering if I should add this guy to my roster after coming across your posts and this from Fantasypros.com:

 

Q1. Who is one RB sleeper you plan to target in all drafts and why?

Justice Hill (RB – BAL)

Overall Half-PPR Rank: 146 | RB49
“The obvious answer is Darwin Thompson but he’ll likely be pushing top-40 status soon, so I’ll go with another target of mine, Justice Hill. Mark Ingram will be the leader in the Ravens backfield to start, but he’s almost 30 and in each of the past three seasons, the lead running back for the Ravens at the start of the year has lost his job in-season. Hill is elusive and showed more power than expected in the Ravens’ most recent preseason game. The Ravens spent a fourth-round pick on him so they want to get him involved as much as possible, and he’s the perfect guy to take with a late-round selection.”
– Dan Harris (FantasyPros)
 

Justice Hill is a bigger, faster, strong version of Phillip Lindsay, who just so happened to run for over 1,000 yards on under 200 carries last season. My podcast co-host, Mike Tagliere, said Hill’s tape reminds him of Reggie Bush, minus the all-world hands. While he is stuck behind Mark Ingram right now, Ingram is on the wrong side of 30 years old and you can bet the contrast between the two this year will be stark. If Ingram suffers an injury at any point this year, don’t expect him to get the job back. Hill will take it for himself and never look back. Even if that doesn’t happen, Hill should carve out a Tarik Cohen like role from the get-go.”
– Bobby Sylvester (FantasyPros)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

Justice Hill is a bigger, faster, strong version of Phillip Lindsay, who just so happened to run for over 1,000 yards on under 200 carries last season. My podcast co-host, Mike Tagliere, said Hill’s tape reminds him of Reggie Bush, minus the all-world hands. While he is stuck behind Mark Ingram right now, Ingram is on the wrong side of 30 years old and you can bet the contrast between the two this year will be stark. If Ingram suffers an injury at any point this year, don’t expect him to get the job back. Hill will take it for himself and never look back. Even if that doesn’t happen, Hill should carve out a Tarik Cohen like role from the get-go.”
– Bobby Sylvester (FantasyPros)

 

Ingram is 29 lol

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, TLBDS said:

 

This is probably in the Mark Ingram thread but also applies to Justice Hill: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/strength-of-schedule.php?position=RB

Ravens have the #1 most RB-friendly schedule in the NFL in 2019...

If you're in redraft, get him while he's free.

Pretty sure preseason SoS and end of season SoS have been proven to have a negative correlation, so that has literally no value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

Ingram is 29 lol

 

That’s the wrong side of 30. Don’t you listen to fantasypros? Peak RB years are their early-mid 30s

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So is justice hill the #2 rb??

Just scooped him up off waivers, looks like he can catch as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

So is justice hill the #2 rb??

Just scooped him up off waivers, looks like he can catch as well

I'm interested as well. Bit worried that Harbaugh will keep using Gus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baltimore are going into the season with 3 running backs. Ingram, Gus Edwards and Hill. Ingram has okay hands but isn't a prolific pass catcher and Edwards' pass catching ability is completely non-existent, so I fully expect Hill to be heavily involved in the passing game from Week 1. I also think he has a shot at taking away more and more carries from Ingram as the season goes on.

 

He's one of my favourite late round RB values right now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First post of the season and this seems like a fitting thread for it. Went into this season doing zero research and Hill managed to go undrafted so after watching some highlights I scooped him up.

As someone who owned Kamara his rookie season (as I'm sure many of the posters on this forum did), Hill really reminds me of him. Obviously he's a little smaller and has less draft pedigree but from watching his film I didn't see a single defender land a clean hit on him, much like Alvin. I don't think he'll be as good as Alvin or be an RB1, barring injuries to the top guys, but I really like his chances of being a rock solid RB2 (after a few weeks) with potential for some pretty big weeks. Definitely a guy I plan on holding on to and not letting go of easily.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

First post of the season and this seems like a fitting thread for it. Went into this season doing zero research and Hill managed to go undrafted so after watching some highlights I scooped him up.

As someone who owned Kamara his rookie season (as I'm sure many of the posters on this forum did), Hill really reminds me of him. Obviously he's a little smaller and has less draft pedigree but from watching his film I didn't see a single defender land a clean hit on him, much like Alvin. I don't think he'll be as good as Alvin or be an RB1, barring injuries to the top guys, but I really like his chances of being a rock solid RB2 (after a few weeks) with potential for some pretty big weeks. Definitely a guy I plan on holding on to and not letting go of easily.

 

This.  One of those guys you draft late and not worry where he is on the depth chart just like Kamara in '17.  He'll be involved at some point and in a huge way.  This offensive system can support two fantasy relevant RBs (considering those backs are good enough).  I'd rather have this guy on my roster over some other mediocre back "who is the starter" in a much worse system. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

As someone who owned Kamara his rookie season (as I'm sure many of the posters on this forum did), Hill really reminds me of him. Obviously he's a little smaller and has less draft pedigree but from watching his film I didn't see a single defender land a clean hit on him, much like Alvin. I don't think he'll be as good as Alvin or be an RB1, barring injuries to the top guys, but I really like his chances of being a rock solid RB2 (after a few weeks) with potential for some pretty big weeks. Definitely a guy I plan on holding on to and not letting go of easily.

Watched Hill's film and he's got the same elusiveness as Kamara. Just constant bouncing off tacklers and making guys miss. Drafted Kamara his rookie year in my main keeper and just took Hill. These are league winning talents. Also that offense is entirely built around the run. Greg Roman, run game master, replacing incompetent Marty Mornhinweg as OC is also an underrated component here; offense should be way more efficient.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28% owned in Yahoo leagues.  Have a feeling a lot of FAAB is gonna be used on him within the first couple weeks.  Get him while he's still free.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, machine3 said:

28% owned in Yahoo leagues.  Have a feeling a lot of FAAB is gonna be used on him within the first couple weeks.  Get him while he's still free.

Agreed... Give your league some swift Justice! And nab Hill now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bought the hype in here, drafted him in the last round on Sunday.  Here's to hoping we all profit 🙌

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jvmillion83 said:

This.  One of those guys you draft late and not worry where he is on the depth chart just like Kamara in '17.  He'll be involved at some point and in a huge way.  This offensive system can support two fantasy relevant RBs (considering those backs are good enough).  I'd rather have this guy on my roster over some other mediocre back "who is the starter" in a much worse system. 

Justice Hill doesn't have the same build as Kamara, so don't expect anywhere near the same kind of ceiling. Hill has a very rocky road ahead of him to reach his, but he won't have 3 guys in front of him like Kamara did, hence the ADP difference. Hill is a good value guy to own though.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Justice Hill doesn't have the same build as Kamara, so don't expect anywhere near the same kind of ceiling.

Kamara is 5 10, 215

Hill is 5 10, 210

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Finisher said:

Kamara is 5 10, 215

Hill is 5 10, 210

 

Thank you. I just pulled the first four different site results from Google which have him listed at 190, 195, 198 and 201. After looking up "Justice Hill 210" I see that he's been adding weight in the offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Thank you. I just pulled the first four different site results from Google which have him listed at 190, 195, 198 and 201. After looking up "Justice Hill 210" I see that he's been adding weight in the offseason.

Interestingly enough a lot of sites had Kamara listed around that weight initially as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.