UcanTry

Justice Hill 2019 Outlook

4 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Oh snap. Giddy up!

with the way that offense is currently constituted it would not shock me to see each of them get 12-15 touches per week - we talkin' leather helmet era tackle foosball throwback here, folks. 

7 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Oh snap. Giddy up!

To counter this, he's not going to say "Ingram is our lead back, and nobody else will receive touches"

Just now, street sharks said:

To counter this, he's not going to say "Ingram is our lead back, and nobody else will receive touches"

Not going to say the last part, no. But he can absolutely say Ingram is our lead back. Acknowledging this is an RBBC our the gate is a positive for Hill. And not even just an RBBC, but the hot hand.

• Like 1

Against this tanking Miami team with a porous run D, I'm wondering if I should flex him.  What's your take on the over/under on him scoring 10 points in full ppr in this game?

1 minute ago, Kilo said:

Against this tanking Miami team with a porous run D, I'm wondering if I should flex him.  What's your take on the over/under on him scoring 10 points in full ppr in this game?

MAGICK 8 BALL SAYS:

"I LIKE YOUR CHANCES"

5 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

I own Hill but how is this good news? He literally said Ingram is the starter. 

Ummm. Did anyone seriously believe Ingram was not the starter? Riding the hot hand / RBBC to start the season is exactly what you’re hoping for as a Hill owner, and see where things go from there. Hill looks like he should get to see the field a decent amount right from the start. That’s huge for Hill owners. 

Edited by gufomel
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kilo said:

I'd take under 3. 

Just now, gufomel said:

Ummm. Did anyone seriously believe Ingram was not the starter? Riding the hot hand / RBBC to start the season is exactly what you’re hoping for as a Hill owner to start the season, and see where things go from there. Hill looks like he should get to see the field a decent amount right from the start. That’s huge for Hill owners. 

I mean I'm not saying it's bad news. It's just not news at all. Anyone who thinks there will be a bellcow in this team is misinformed. They liteerally aree always a RBBC with at least 2 RBs getting touches. "Riding the hot hand" doesn't mean if Hill is doing well he will supplant Ingram. It just means the volatility for Hill will be high since there could be days he does well and they give him 10 carries and other days he does poorly and gets 3 carries. 

Even if Ingram was to get injured, I don't think that Hill would be the lone main guy because of his size (he weighs 190 lbs).  I view Hill as a more talented version of Jalen Richard, a passing down back who will make an ok bye week filler but I wouldn't expect much more.  Sure, there are exceptions like Phillip Lindsay of backs who weigh 190 lbs (Hill's wikipedia says he weighs 200 lbs but I've read in other places that he's closer to 190) that become successful bellcows but many more that don't.

Edited by sjm76

8 minutes ago, Kilo said:

If you're in a shallow league this would not be smart

2 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

I mean I'm not saying it's bad news. It's just not news at all. Anyone who thinks there will be a bellcow in this team is misinformed. They liteerally aree always a RBBC with at least 2 RBs getting touches. "Riding the hot hand" doesn't mean if Hill is doing well he will supplant Ingram. It just means the volatility for Hill will be high since there could be days he does well and they give him 10 carries and other days he does poorly and gets 3 carries. 

That’s fair. We’ll see how it plays out. I just think that the coach confirming that everyone is going to see the field (rather than us just projecting that that’s what should happen) is positive news. It looks like Hill will have opportunity to prove himself right from the start, and that’s good news to me.

14 minutes ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

I own Hill but how is this good news? He literally said Ingram is the starter. 

I think so.  Ingram has always been the starter.  But this leaves the door open for Hill to earn the touches.

There's not much reason for him to say that unless he's open to another RB taking over.

Edited by K197040

2 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Even if Ingram was to get injured, I don't think that Hill would be the lone main guy because of his size (he weighs 190 lbs).  I view Hill as a more talented version of Jalen Richard, a passing down back who will make an ok bye week filler but I wouldn't expect much more.  Sure, there are exceptions like Phillip Lindsay of backs who weigh 190 lbs that become successful bellcows but many more that don't.

He's bulked up to 210lbs

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Not going to say the last part, no. But he can absolutely say Ingram is our lead back. Acknowledging this is an RBBC our the gate is a positive for Hill. And not even just an RBBC, but the hot hand.

I read it as "Ingram is our starter, and whoever has the hot hand will get the COP/breather for Ingram snaps".  It's not moving up Hill the depth chart to some kind of 1A/1B situation with Ingram, he's putting Hill into an RBBC with all the other backs not named Ingram. 

Just now, scheibler said:

He's bulked up to 210lbs

He must really be eating his Wheaties then because I read about a month ago that he weighed around 190 lbs.

Read the entire blurb for context:  

Ravens OC Greg Roman told reporters Thursday that while Mark Ingram is the team's starting running back, everybody is going to contribute.

Specifically, Roman stated, "We'll see who has the hot hand. Mark's our starter. Everybody is going to contribute." Ingram should get the bulk of early-down carries, but it's clear that each of Gus Edwards and Justice Hill are going to be involved as well. Last season Edwards, Kenneth Dixon and Ty Montgomery formed a three-back committee during the Ravens' final six games, with none of the backs ever surpassing even a 55% snap count in a single contest. The entire Ravens' rushing attack is set up beautifully in Week 1 against the Dolphins' porous defense.

18 minutes ago, jumper said:

I read it as "Ingram is our starter, and whoever has the hot hand will get the COP/breather for Ingram snaps".  It's not moving up Hill the depth chart to some kind of 1A/1B situation with Ingram, he's putting Hill into an RBBC with all the other backs not named Ingram. 

That’s what I read too , Ingram by all means will be seeing around 15-17 carries a game and his and hill will get a few to give him a breather , hill may be used like shades Tarik Cohen in Chicago, but the running game belongs to Ingram they giving him a chance to get a lot of carries that’s why he signed with them or else he’d be looking else where

32 minutes ago, jumper said:

Ravens OC Greg Roman told reporters Thursday that while Mark Ingram is the team's starting running back, everybody is going to contribute.

no s---! they'll run the ball 50 times a game, ingram can't take half of that... but of course he's the lead back, you don't sign FA RBs to sit them on their arse.

1 hour ago, Kilo said:

Do NOT start players that got round 10+ the first week.