UcanTry

Justice Hill 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Gus Edwards is the dark horse here, especially in standard leagues. 

maybe if Ingram goes down. This is the Justice Hill outlook thread tho...

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

maybe if Ingram goes down. This is the Justice Hill outlook thread tho...

So we can talk about Ingram in here but not Gus? I just think people are sleeping on Gus, you can add him for free now and drop him later if he gets no run(I don't see this happening). 

Just now, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

So we can talk about Ingram in here but not Gus? I just think people are sleeping on Gus, you can add him for free now and drop him later if he gets no run(I don't see this happening). 

I see Ingram as the between the tackles early down guy, same as Gus. 

I see Hill as the change of pace back, passing downs guy that can do damage on limited touches. As the year goes on the touches will increase as Hill breaks out...

On 9/5/2019 at 8:13 AM, jmcampbe11 said:

I'm not saying he can hold up, but he averaged 17 rushing attempts per games last season, in the games he started. And the Ravens have said or done nothing in the preseason to indicate they plan on limiting his usage this season. If you're banking on him becoming a pocket passer to make Hill relevant then I wouldn't hold my breathe. 

The guy everyone should be hyping up is Jackson. If he stays healthy he'll finish as a top 3 QB. Mark it down. 

I'll mark it down, he won't. I really have no idea what people are looking at with regards to Lamar. I owned him last year. Look at his points per game and ranks from last year. He might be a little better this year, but not enough to be anywhere near QB3 unless he makes massive strides throwing the ball.

21 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

I'll mark it down, he won't. I really have no idea what people are looking at with regards to Lamar. I owned him last year. Look at his points per game and ranks from last year. He might be a little better this year, but not enough to be anywhere near QB3 unless he makes massive strides throwing the ball.

Agree - I don't even know if anyone drafted any of his WR's this year in my leagues. But I'm high on Lamar in general to score points with his legs and he could finish a top 10 QB.

Pssst:  In the NFL, they allow QB's to throw to both TE's and RB's as well.  Also, rushing yards for a QB are worth 250% of passing, and rushing TD's are worth 150% of passing TD's.  Also, word is that Lamar is passing much better and his advanced stats already show he's a pretty decent passer - they just didn't have him pass much last year.  

Some things that people may not quite grasp. 

Edited by jonasdash

This may be a sneaky week to start Justice Hill v. Miami Tankers

52 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

It’s hard for me to see him as top 5 but I heard a stat the other day that out of the  8 QBs that have run for 700+ yards, 7 of them finished in the top 5 in fantasy.  

36 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

This may be a sneaky week to start Justice Hill v. Miami Tankers

I think this would actually be a terrible week to start him.  Positive script, great chance that Baltimore is leading and likely scoring on DEF as well.  This is actually a sneaky week to start Gus Edwards simply because Ingram might get his 18-22 carries by the 3rd quarter and Edwards will finish out the game instead of letting their lead back play in a cakewalk in hot weather. 

I think it’s best not to get too cute here and just see how it plays out with the snap counts... after all, this is a rookie we’re talking about here, with a highly established veteran leading the charge and with a respectable in-between-the-tackles runner in Gus who has already earned the respect of his coaches. 

Edited by J Boogie
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, K197040 said:

It’s hard for me to see him as top 5 but I heard a stat the other day that out of the  8 QBs that have run for 700+ yards, 7 of them finished in the top 5 in fantasy.  

I've heard that stat a million times, but we're talking about a few guys in particular. Cam was recent, so I probably don't need to explain that. Michael Vick is the NFL's all-time leader in yards per carry at 7 flat. I love Lamar, but he's not the same runner as Vick was in the NFL, at least yet, or maybe the game is different, but whatever. And Randall Cunningham had one of the biggest arms ever and racked up a ton of passing yards. So Lamar is going to need to grow. Passing is certainly the area with the most room for improvement.

Gawd I don’t know what’s worth the Monty Hype train 🚂 that I knew was going to be a disaster with Tarik Cohen being the pass catching rb with a few carries here and there and mike Davis being there ....

but seriously the Justice Hill Kool-aid Cult is way more worse, he has friggin Mark Ingram the already states Lead back, and Gus the bus Edwards , you really think hill going to be involved in the passing game from Lamar Jackson who rarely targets rbs out of the back field , or the fact they run the ball 35 times meaning Jackson, Ingram, and Gus.... please stop 🛑, I’m not drinking the spiked kool-aid , this dude isn’t even going to be the Walmart version of Tarik Cohen 

Yeah I say we all just hold off until we start him. He has a big hill to climb first.

Edited by jagsfan05
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

I may have to jump off this train with about 30 players sitting on the waiver wire in my 10 team league that quadruple outscored numerous players on my roster.

Convince me that Justice Hill is a hold in 10 team leagues.

Just now, gufomel said:

I may have to jump off this train with about 30 players sitting on the waiver wire in my 10 team league that quadruple outscored numerous players on my roster.

He's not...Gus Edwards is still getting his carries and Ingram looked fantastic for Ingram. Go get some good players

7 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Saints 2017.

Does Justice Hill have value on a 12 team league? I think his value will be kept down since Baltimore is splitting carries between 3 backs right now.  I can see him moving ahead of Gus Edwards and the Ravens do run a lot so I’m not sure.  [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed AC content
  • Like 1

7 touches in a blowout and not one target speaks volumes to me.  Maybe he gets a bigger share later in the year but this is a week they could have gotten him some reps.

He is still a hold for me in my 12 team 0.5 ppr, but only because it is a keeper league and he has the talent to dramatically exceed the $1 I drafted him for ha.