mocha4313

Big 3 team trade? Bit confusing but WHIR 100%

Smallish redraft points league that penalizes Ks, rewards walks and devalues steals, while slightly favoring pitching though there is a starts limit. Of hitters, guys with low K totals, solid plate discipline, RBI/run production and decent average are favored though pitching is slightly rewarded more

My team (Team A)

C- Grandal 1B: Rizzo 2B: Hiura SS: Lindor 3B: Matt Chapman CINF: Olson MINF: Story

OF: Trout, Soto, Meadows, Reynolds, JD Davis UTIL: Bichette

BN: Hunter Dozier

SP: Sale, Strasburg, Bauer, Nola, Clevinger, Giolito, Sonny Gray, Gallen, Aaron Sanchez

BN: Snell (DL), Woodruff (DL) DL: Luke Weaver

Have a 3 team deal on the table that other parties have agreed to:

Team A (me) gives: (to team b) Trout, Sonny Gray, Hiura, Olson, Soto and (to team C) Bauer and Bichette

Team A (me): receives (from Team b) Acuna, Degrom, Devers and (from Team C) Berrios and Trea Turner

Team B gives: (to team A) Acuna, Degrom, Devers and (to team C) Jack Flaherty and Gary Sanchez

Team B receives: (from team A) Trout, Soto, Gray, Hiura, Olson and (from team C) Luis Castillo

Team C gives: (to team A) Berrios and Trea Turner and (to team b) Luis Castillo

Team C receives: (from team A) Bauer and Bichette and (from team b) Gary Sanchez and Jack Flaherty

Once again, team A is me. Sorry I know it is confusing but these are 3 of the top 4 teams in the league so this deal is really important for the stretch run.

Is this a good deal for me? Do you see one side clearly winning this big trade. Thoughts? Drop a link and WHIR 100%

Edited by mocha4313

I think I'd do that considering its a redraft. This was at a glance though too many moving parts for my brain to handle this early.

• Thanks 1

Keep you're offense, and move mt for only all of the other teams power for the ROB battle that's fast approaching. 

you get a hefty return. I think its pretty close but matching up players I think its a win for you

• Thanks 1

Give: Trout, Gray, Hiura, Olson, Soto, Bauer, Bichette

Get: Acuna, deGrom, Devers, Berrios, Turner

If that’s it. Do it.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, DropkickAlex said:

Give: Trout, Gray, Hiura, Olson, Soto, Bauer, Bichette

Get: Acuna, deGrom, Devers, Berrios, Turner

If that’s it. Do it.

That is essentially it for my team. Probably should not have made it more confusing and added the parts of the deal not involving me. Guess I just wanted to make sure no team was pulling of a heist. Thanks for the help

10 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

Smallish redraft points league that penalizes Ks, rewards walks and devalues steals, while slightly favoring pitching though there is a starts limit. Of hitters, guys with low K totals, solid plate discipline, RBI/run production and decent average are favored though pitching is slightly rewarded more

My team (Team A)

C- Grandal 1B: Rizzo 2B: Hiura SS: Lindor 3B: Matt Chapman CINF: Olson MINF: Story

SP: Sale, Strasburg, Bauer, Nola, Clevinger, Giolito, Sonny Gray, Gallen, Aaron Sanchez

Have a 3 team deal on the table that other parties have agreed to:

Team A (me) gives: (to team b) Trout, Sonny Gray, Hiura, Olson, Soto and (to team C) Bauer and Bichette

Team A (me): receives (from Team b) Acuna, Degrom, Devers and (from Team C) Berrios and Trea Turner

So you trade your 2B. Who fills that position? Unless I'm mistaken, I don't see another 2B-eligible guy.

And you trade two OFs and get one in return. I'm guessing Dozier leaves your bench to become your 5th OF. 

You have Rizzo at 1B, Chapman at 3B, Olson at CI. I'm guessing Devers could go to UT for you (vacated by Bichette). 

But where does Turner play? You have no one at 2B, Lindor at SS, and Story at MI. Devers or Turner has to go to UT...so what happens to the other one? 

On the surface, it looks like a solid deal, especially the upgrade at pitcher. But it seems like it doesn't really match up with your roster very well. Am I missing something? 

22 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

So you trade your 2B. Who fills that position? Unless I'm mistaken, I don't see another 2B-eligible guy.

And you trade two OFs and get one in return. I'm guessing Dozier leaves your bench to become your 5th OF. 

You have Rizzo at 1B, Chapman at 3B, Olson at CI. I'm guessing Devers could go to UT for you (vacated by Bichette). 

But where does Turner play? You have no one at 2B, Lindor at SS, and Story at MI. Devers or Turner has to go to UT...so what happens to the other one? 

On the surface, it looks like a solid deal, especially the upgrade at pitcher. But it seems like it doesn't really match up with your roster very well. Am I missing something? 

No 2B left without Hiura. I am giving Olson in the deal so Devers would be my 3B and Chapman CI. Turner could play SS. I would be down an OF. May cut Weaver or Sanchez for a hot bat off waivers like a Tauchmann to fill in. I would have to deal for a 2B. I am thinking offering something like Berrios and Trea for Kershaw OR Greinke plus Muncy OR Albies would be my next move to fill 2B.

Edited by mocha4313

Pretty good return for what you're giving up, I am ok with doing this deal if I were you even if I'm giving up Trout.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

My team (Team A)

Lineup after:

C- Grandal 1B: Rizzo 2B: ??? SS: Lindor 3B: Matt Chapman CINF: Devers MINF: Story

OF: Acuna, H. Dozier, Meadows, Reynolds, JD Davis UTIL: T. Turner

BN: ???

SP: Sale, Strasburg, DeGrom, Nola, Clevinger, Giolito, Berrios, Gallen, Aaron Sanchez

Player for player analysis:

Trout > Acuna
Bauer << DeGrom
Soto = Devers
Bichette = T. Turner
S. Gray = Berrios
Hiura > ??? [free agent]
Olson > ??? [free agent]

*Note this is a very rough assessment. Argue it however you want, but it's in the ballpark.

Conclusion:

The most significant aspect I see here is Trout + Bauer for Acuna + DeGrom. I think that's worth doing given that I think DeGrom is a significant upgrade over Bauer. Though I'd probably try to see who these teams are dropping and get those players to come back your way (both Team B and C need to drop one guy) that'll hopefully fix your roster issues.

• Thanks 1

I think the deal is pretty decent for a all in run. You get a stud SP upgrade and some great bats back. Plus whoever you add with the open roster spots. 

• Thanks 1

I like it. Especially if you can fill your empty slots with some solid players. I would hold onto Aaron Sanchez for now, to see if HOU can get him consistently going in the right direction. Good luck!

• Thanks 1