Sign in to follow this  
paper_boi

DYNASTY TRADE: Corey Davis for Godwin

Hey all, this is a true PPR dynasty league. Everyone carries over (I need to cut down to 23 by either 8/15 or 9/1, not sure). That being said, I've kind of soured on Corey Davis, despite drafting him pretty high in our start-up draft last year, and him still being moderately high on most dynasty ranking lists. I was offered to move him and my 2020 first round pick for Chris Godwin, and wondering what you all think of that. It seemed a little pricy to me at the time, but I'm going to consider revisiting it. I've also been thinking I could move a Corey Davis + Kenyan Drake package for someone very good, but not sure. What do you all think?

Here's my dynasty roster:

QB: Deshaun Watson
RB: David Johnson
RB: Derrius Guice
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Corey Davis
WR: Will Fuller
TE: David Njoku
FLEX: Chris Carson
FLEX: Devin Funchess
D/ST: Patriots
K: Matt Bryant
BN: Mitch Trubisky
BN: Kenyan Drake 
BN: Mike Davis
BN: Darrell Henderson
BN: Quincy Enunwa
BN: Josh Reynolds
BN: Deebo Samuel
BN: Hakeem Butler
BN: John Brown
BN: Equanamius St Brown
BN: Donte Moncrief
BN: Paul Richardson
BN: Jake kumerow
BN: Jonnu Smith
BN: Gerald Everett
BN: Jimmy Graham

Edited by paper_boi

Seems expensive for both Davis & 1st. Id explore Davis/Drake first

I wouldn’t include your first round pick for him. That’s expensive. I don’t see a huge difference between the 2 other than Godwin is in the more explosive offense so he has the higher ceiling. But he’s not the number 1 option on his team. Maybe Davis and a 3rd or Davis and throw in Moncrief maybe. 

I’d much rather have Godwin however putting my opinion aside, I don’t think Davis for Godwin straight up is off. If this was a month or so ago he might have done it but now with all the hype he’s going to want you to pay. I think you do need WR help so i guess it really depends how much you want to spend. I think including a 1st is to much but the Hype will continue lol

13 hours ago, paper_boi said:

I was offered to move him and my 2020 first round pick for Chris Godwin, and wondering what you all think of that.

No.

13 hours ago, paper_boi said:

I've also been thinking I could move a Corey Davis + Kenyan Drake package for someone very good, but not sure.

I think the chance of that succeeding is not very high right now, unless you find a fan.

Looking at this roster, what would you guys recommend for upgrading WR corps? I just grabbed Jakobi Meyers last night and dropped Jonnu Smith as a flyer. 

41 minutes ago, paper_boi said:

Looking at this roster, what would you guys recommend for upgrading WR corps? I just grabbed Jakobi Meyers last night and dropped Jonnu Smith as a flyer. 

That sounds like a smart move, although of course you never know in NE.

How big is your league, 14 or more?

10 teams, but as you can see the rosters are super deep. We have to cut down to 23 by August 15

43 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

That sounds like a smart move, although of course you never know in NE.

How big is your league, 14 or more?

9 minutes ago, paper_boi said:

10 teams, but as you can see the rosters are super deep. We have to cut down to 23 by August 15

Ok. Then is it fair to say you're not really a contender? (Sorry if that conclusion surprises you)

If so, how about a major restructuring?

34 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Ok. Then is it fair to say you're not really a contender? (Sorry if that conclusion surprises you)

If so, how about a major restructuring?

I don’t know about that. I was in the top half of teams last year I think. But I’m open to whatever ideas are out there 

1 hour ago, paper_boi said:

I don’t know about that. I was in the top half of teams last year I think. But I’m open to whatever ideas are out there 

That is not a good team for a 10 teamer.