Sign in to follow this  
AirForceOne

Jimmy Graham 2019 Outlook

I am consistently seeing Graham getting overlooked because of his 'down' year where granted, he underperformed the expectations being in a high-powered offense, but still had over 600 yards. In year 2 with Rodgers and a new offensive coordinator, he's a perfect rebound candidate. Especially in the red zone. There's no way he's scoring just 2 TDs again. He's healthy, motivated and has a lot to prove.

I think he's a lock for top-12 production, with a real shot at top-5. 

Here's a great write up on Jimmy:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/packers-jimmy-graham-says-hes-going-to-shut-a-lot-of-people-up-this-season/e69nleigq3ea1ilgw6jcv15ag

I'm picking him late as I think he'll have a much better season. He only had like 4 TDs or something last year but he had a bunch (5-6) that were called back by penalties. 

im not too concerned with TE thinking Graham Olsen or Andrews in the 15th. if he sux I drop … 

He has bounce back written all over him 

Edited by NInsko

I like it. He will see those redzone targets. Rodgers also commented after the game he wanted to give him more looks after what happened last year.

Looked good. Rodgers is looking for him and that throw into the end zone means Jimmy really has his confidence, because he just tossed that up for grabs in traffic. Tied for 2nd with 6 targets not counting the PI. I don't own any shares of Jimmy and I kinda regret it now

4 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

He looked as explosive and athletic as I've seen him in a long time. Definitely worth grabbing if not already rostered.

Yeah, I don't know why all the analysts were saying in the offseason that he was slow, old, and looking like he was running in mud.  He looked great.  There was a big PI penalty where he looked great getting downfield.  He will get a ton of red zone looks with Rodgers.

• Like 1

I'd be grabbing him if he was available.   The play I most liked seeing wasn't even the TD, it was the long target that drew PI.  I didn't still think he had the speed for those.   

The TD was a classic Graham play, and seeing it makes you really wonder how the heck he had only two TD's last year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bengalfan27 said:

I remember his saints days when he was a top 5 player

2014? Impressive memory

• Haha 2

I actually got Graham off waivers after the draft and I'm currently rostering 3 fringe top 10-12 TEs and I'm not gonna lie, I was kind of looking forward to dropping Graham after the game for a RB lotto ticket this weekend. He actually looked like a legit TE1 last night albeit probably not elite, but definitely can't drop him now. I know once I drop the other guys and settle in on him though he'll go back to looking like a washed up turd. I guess that's TE life in fantasy though unless you own one of the top 2-3 guys 

43 minutes ago, bengalfan27 said:

I remember his saints days when he was a top 5 player

he was also a top 5 TE in seattle: #4 in 2017, #2 in 2016

8 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

How much FAAB is he worth?

jimmy graham was #6 in TE targets last season with 89 --- he has no business being on a league's waiver. now a second season with aaron rodgers, i'd suggest your FAAB spending depends on who you're starting at TE. if you have one of the top six, bid low, and if you went zero-TE and took a jaboni, spend high (20%). also, sternberger is on I.R., so really the receiving threat is minimal (even though mlewis saw more targets last night than geronimo freakin' allison).

jimmy-graham.jpg

19 minutes ago, PPolanco said:

He practiced. Anyone rolling him out?

Sure, if you like doughnuts, bagels, cheerios, etc

1 hour ago, sunz0r said:

Whats the ROS outlook after his last performance?

Rodgers has to pass to someone with Adam's out

4 hours ago, sunz0r said:

Whats the ROS outlook after his last performance?

Been difficult to trust but should be target hog at least this week with adams probably out. 9 targets last week very appealing. When adams returns though he will be very iffy. CSB but picked him up just for this week and will be starting because I think rodgers will be looking for him in the RZ. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, savagenatn said:

Been difficult to trust but should be target hog at least this week with adams probably out. 9 targets last week very appealing. When adams returns though he will be very iffy. CSB but picked him up just for this week and will be starting because I think rodgers will be looking for him in the RZ. 

I grabbed him as well, even if it's just this week. Like mentioned, with Adams out, the targets need to go to someone.

• Like 1