Sign in to follow this  
Bronco Billy

Preston Williams 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, jumboJET85 said:

Wilson is an interesting guy. He was the 2015 Scout.com #1 overall 5 star WR recruit out of high school. Originally went to Tennessee but was kicked off the team for an altercation with his girlfriend. 1,300 yards and 14TDs at CSU his junior year. With his snaps increasing to 70% last week he’s gotta be the #1 WR pickup in deeper leagues. This situation reminds me a lot of Tyrell Williams breakout year. UDFA rookie getting the opportunity to break out.

Wilson or Williams?

• Like 1

I love him but had to drop in one league because of injuries and opportunity, factored with the absolute trainwreck of a team that Miami has become that I can't ever see wanting to start him even as a Flex play, let alone as WR3 or better

13 hours ago, Fantasy Dork said:

Rosen named the Dolphins QB for Week 3. I could be wrong, but didn't Williams do better with him as his QB in the preseason?

I would be very careful in drawing such conclusions from pre-season games. Each drive has different personel, if Rosen was the #2 QB he might have faced backup secondaries or even guys that are even cut now, etc.

I mean, Miami won 3 of the pre-season games, one of them with 34-27 against the Falcons. You might almost draw the conclusion that they do not suck.

No, I get that. I rarely take anything that happens in preseason seriously, but I think it's possible to see if one QB is finding one WR more than another (assuming said WR has worked with both QBs somewhat equally) and if there's good timing between said QB and said WR (such as not overthrowing and under throwing).

Granted, there's still defensive personnel factors there, too, but it's somewhat more indicative than just stats.

Scared I'm going to miss out on the big breakout this week with Rosen starting. Can't seem to find the roster space, but I think this could be a HELLO WORLD kind of game for this kid.

1 hour ago, jeffnsee said:

Another solid week with 68 yards. Only 4 catches but the 11 targets is very promising.

Keeps him as an under-the-radar ww/fa pickup this week :D

I do not know how you can say this guy has no value. He has come close to 10 pts every week this season in 1/2 PPR. He even dropped a TD today as well. Skill and targets seem to be there and Rosen supposedly likes throwing to him. He could be a solid bench players for byes and injuries.

• Like 2

Played 96% of snaps. He still needs the reps to get better but he's got a ton of natural ability. Should be a nice WR3 in deeper leagues with upside due to junk time.

• Like 2

How is the Chargers secondary? Are they still solid? I remember Hayward was pretty good in the past. Is he still good and would he cover Williams? 

Chargers missing a lot of guys on D and another key CB is 50/50 to go. I'd fire this up If it wern't for Hardman. 

The CSU product can ball!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

I don’t understand the 4.8% ownership on ESPN. Are people THAT turned off by the trash team/trash QB play? 12 targets last week.. he’s trending up.

He could get 20 targets per game but only catch 4 of them. The team is tanking and their QBs are terrible. There’s better options out there unless you’re in a 14 or more team league 

Just now, babyfaceassasin said:

He could get 20 targets per game but only catch 4 of them. The team is tanking and their QBs are terrible. There’s better options out there unless you’re in a 14 or more team league 

I play in nine 12 man leagues and he’s owned in all of them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

I play in nine 12 man leagues and he’s owned in all of them. 

Doesn’t mean he’s gonna start for those teams unless they have injuries or bye weeks

• Like 1

He’s as good an upside wr stash as any. Volume, opportunity , game flow, garbage time, talent, chemistry with Rosen, already providing flex value ; only negative I can think of is Albert Wilson coming back 

Just need more reps — could be wr2 value later in season if he and Rosen develop further 

• Like 3

This is the type of guy that currently allows you to fill a bye or injury. Also bonus, you might be able to trade him or another WR for a team in need for a decent return in case you need a RB fill in. (Ahem, Barkley, Damien, etc. owners). I might consider letting a more well known WR option go in a trade b/c Preston might have a solid floor moving forward. Otherwise, grab now and stash!

Dropped Cam for the high upside target heavy rookie.  Miami seems to love this guy.  The breakout is a matter of when, not if

• Like 2

On 9/23/2019 at 12:37 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

Played 96% of snaps. He still needs the reps to get better but he's got a ton of natural ability. Should be a nice WR3 in deeper leagues with upside due to junk time.

spacer.png

• Like 2