wendellrott

Darwin Thompson 2019 Outlook

Andy Reid already showed us that he is not ready for Darwin to have a full role.  Not planning on spending much FAAB to re-pick this guy up.  It is a bit of a trap short term.  Longer term might prove out to be worthwhile.  

• Like 4

Must-own IMO. Williams and McCoy have both faltered, and we all know you want any piece of this offense you can get. He's likely not attractive week 3 unless McCoy or DWill is out, but he could very possibly carve out a bigger and bigger role as the season progresses. 

The problem is Darell Williams is still hanging around as well. That plus the uncertainty of Damien and McCoy's availability, a big FAAB spend on Thompson may be a bit of a trap at the moment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, kidsgotsoul said:

The problem is Darell Williams is still hanging around as well. That plus the uncertainty of Damien and McCoy's availability, a big FAAB spend on Thompson may be a bit of a trap at the moment. 

Definitely. I will pick him up if available for cheap, but definitely not going out for a guy who is still this uncertain. Darrel Williams was the first person to come to mind. Andy Reid is a funny man, so nothing is certain.

On 8/12/2019 at 11:36 AM, Lord_Varys said:

why it's important to grab Darwin, because Damien smells like Ajayi, Collins, Forsett, CJA, Jeremy Hill, [Insert Late Season RB Wavier Add Who Gets Drafted In The First 3 Rounds The Following Year] ... 

Montee Ball the GOAT

If Darrel Williams is what's holding you back from burning a waiver wire slot or spending FAAB on Darwin, I think you will look back later in the season and regret that calculation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cotton Jones said:

Montee Ball the GOAT

Please don't say that name....

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Doesn’t sound too bad of an injury for McCoy. I think I’ll let other teams overspend on bids. This is still way too murky of a situation to put in a big bid.

3 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Doesn’t sound too bad of an injury for McCoy. I think I’ll let other teams overspend on bids. This is still way too murky of a situation to put in a big bid.

- agreed, to a certain extent, but ... the chinks are already showing in the other RBs armor - waiting 'til both (or either) is significantly missing time will be far too late. 

he's only available in one of my leegs, and you can betcha aunt Sally's smokes he'll be on my roster come tmrw morning. 

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

- agreed, to a certain extent, but ... the chinks are already showing in the other RBs armor - waiting 'til both (or either) is significantly missing time will be far too late. 

he's only available in one of my leegs, and you can betcha aunt Sally's smokes he'll be on my roster come tmrw morning. 

You’re probably right that this is the last chance to get him before any additional or more substantial injuries occur. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

You’re probably right that this is the last chance to get him before any additional or more substantial injuries occur. 

i have a tendency to be much more proactive in that particular leeg ... lnow your opponents and how aggressive they are - i know that if i let this kid slide now he'll be in the clutches of the DWilly/Shady owners before long - i gotta get in on the ground floor, can't afford the penthouse. 

1 hour ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Seems like a rotoworld favorite hype man for 2019... and probably not amount to anything..

👆👆👆

I was on the hype train before the season started and don’t want to be disappointed again... but this guy is really tempting 

Don't think I've ever lost a season from prematurely burning a pick on a prospect that didn't pan out; I have lost a couple for not jumping on a prospect when the opportunity was given to me. So yeah, I'm grabbing him.

Edited by BurgundyBooger
  • Like 3

Here is how I see this panning out.  Lots of FAAB will be spent on Darwin being the "next big thing".  McCoy and Williams are perfectly fine for the next 2-3 weeks.  Darwin gets no touches.  Darwin is dropped.  Week later - Williams and/or McCoy are injured for a period of time and it ends up being Darwin time.  Point being, I think he is too expensive right now for what you are going to get out of him in the short term.  

• Like 1

I think you can still get him for cheap.  Price may increase by the day at this point.

Just now, Magoo said:

I think you can still get him for cheap.  Price may increase by the day at this point.

THIS. 

if your waivers go tonite, especially - practice reports for tomorrow may toss a whole nuddah paint job on this mutha if one (or both) of the top 2 are DNP.

scoop him, we hang out here and commiserate or celebrate - just don't procrastinate 🤳

1 minute ago, Magoo said:

We are in a very overreactive game so if he does not do s--- this Sunday bet you he’ll be dropped. 90% of owners are so active, leagues have way too small of a bench to roster dead weight. Unless you’re gonna wait all year which there are some but if most of us here are digging every bit of information on players we have a wider range of selection we consider rosterable. 

I don't think I'll burn a waiver wire bid on him. But if he isn't picked up after waivers I may pick him up.