Rotoworld.com Forums

Darwin Thompson 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, Deke said:

Don’t think he’s that good. Looks like a child out there. Also we have no idea if Damien will be back. 

Tbh, he also looks slow and yes he looks tiny, but he was able to squirt through a couple of tackles. His td run was nice, but yeah he looks like a mini sproles.

Although darwin is listed at 5'8 201, which is only 6 pounds less than McCoy at 5'11 207.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's called a pimp limp. That's the way I walk into work on Monday mornings

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Deke said:

Don’t think he’s that good. Looks like a child out there. Also we have no idea if Damien will be back. 

they said the same about Leon "X-Ray" McQuay back in '74 ... he then proceeded to occupy pine for the juggernaut that was the Yale Bowl Jints. 

it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but, rather, how many dogs are healthy? 🐶

• Haha 3

I want to get excited about this guy.  But there's too many ifs.  IF Damien is still out.  IF Darrel is sidelined.  Then you still have to deal with the partial work given to McCoy.  What if Damien or Darrel come back?  Then it's going to be like a three headed backfield like this past week, granted each of Darrel, Damien, and LeSean scored, but all of the work is split.  Is that really what we want for fantasy playoffs?

Not the dreaded “bringing in Spencer ware” update 

I feel like the league should introduce a new tag to go along with limited, doubtful, out..etc.  the “bringing in Spencer Ware for a physical” tag

Edited by crotchcrickets
  • Haha 4
8 minutes ago, dynst1988 said:

Again, I repeat Again! Darwin's time is coming spend all the FAAB you got. 

So the Chiefs are bringing in a RB that knows their system and that screams its Darwin's time to shine?? I would think the exact opposite.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

A sign that Darrel and Damien aren't coming back soon. Ware becomes the new Darrel.

So Darwin becomes the new Damien, Ware becomes the new Darrel, McCoy stays McCoy just another day older and slower, and the new Darwin (TBD) becomes the new league winner?!?!

• Thanks 1

If they only have Shady and Darwin, it is just good practice to bring in a third guy for the depth chart. Some teams do carry just two RBs, like Dallas, I believe. But this just shows me that Mr. Kool-Aid isn't confident with just Darwin backing Shady up.

Edited by FitzMagic
18 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

If they only have Shady and Darwin, it is just good practice to bring in a third guy for the depth chart. Some teams do carry just two RBs, like Dallas, I believe. But this just shows me that Mr. Kool-Aid isn't confident with just Darwin backing Shady up.

... they also signed one Elijah McGuire last week 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... they also signed one Elijah McGuire last week 🤷‍♂️

I mean that's true but they had Shady, Darrel, and Darwin too. So cancel Darrel, Shady stays the same, move up Darwin, move up Elijah, then put Ware in there behind him. That's your new foursome.

On 12/2/2019 at 4:06 PM, GoPackGo23 said:

I wonder how much Reid will stick to his load management plan with Shady when they find themselves in close games. For example, next week against New England in a very important game, if it's close does Reid keep Shady off the field to limit his reps? It's easier said than done when the game isn't on the line like we saw this past week against Oakland. In a pivotal matchup this week against the Pats, I'd be surprised to see Darwin get equal touches to McCoy if both Damien and Darrell are out.

Basically the question is do you trust a rookie with less than 4qtrs of on field play to be in on critical 3rd downs and redzone plays against the Pats?

7 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

they said the same about Leon "X-Ray" McQuay back in '74 ... he then proceeded to occupy pine for the juggernaut that was the Yale Bowl Jints. 

it's not the size of the dog in the fight, but, rather, how many dogs are healthy? 🐶

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Welp...

• ESPN's Adam Teicher reports Damien Williams (ribs) "has a chance to play" Week 14 against the Patriots.

This is more of a personal projection from Teicher than a concrete timeline, but it's all we've got right now before practice reports clear things up starting Wednesday. Williams missed last week after injuring his ribs prior to the Chiefs' Week 12 bye. Kansas City did sign Spencer Ware today as insurance but that also could be a reaction to Darrel Williams' injury. With injuries all over the roster, preseason star RB Darwin Thompson is worth an add in deeper redraft leagues.

Dec 3, 2019, 7:32 PM ET

•  
  • Thanks 1

My view is Spencer Ware being signed as added depth with Elijah on the practice squad means that Darwin is not going to takeover this backfield and one of the Williams will be sidelined the next couple of weeks to get healthy for the playoffs.

All we need now is Chachandrick West to come out of retirement 😂

7 hours ago, meh2 said:

So Darwin becomes the new Damien, Ware becomes the new Darrel, McCoy stays McCoy just another day older and slower, and the new Darwin (TBD) becomes the new league winner?!?!

at least we're not dealing with 5 dudes named "D. Williams" anymore. That's a plus. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2