wendellrott

Darwin Thompson 2019 Outlook

13 hours ago, TomBradyDaGOAT said:

Funny how everyone on the board here assumes that McCoy's role wont grow if Darrel/Damien are out. In a playoff seeding game against the Pats Reid will likely lean on McCoy for 50+% snaps 12-15 touches. With that said, Thompson is worth a pick up on the end of your bench if hes free. 

Banking on a McCoy fumble against ball hawking pats

This just feels like a desperate dart throw.

If it were me coaching, I'd be giving Darwin a hard look.  I think he could actually inject some life into that running game down the stretch.  He's small, but powerful and quick.  I'd absolutely want to put the ball in his hands 10-15 times a game and see if his fresh legs can ignite something. 

That said, logic says that probably isn't what happens based upon what Reid has done to this point.  It'll most likely go back to McCoy and Damien doing what they've done all season with Darwin maybe getting a few touches.

I'm having a very hard time seeing any value here even though I do think Darwin looks like a player and like a young Sproles out there.  

This guy will make headlines when he scores double digit points vs. NE. 

Get him while you can.

2 minutes ago, phillyball said:

It’s all about pass pro.  It’ll be ware.  Buyer be-ware

what you did there.

i see it 🤘

10 minutes ago, phillyball said:

Ah, the appearance of the "promising rookie is too inexperienced, I missed out on him, he won't play because he doesn't know how to pass protect" argument.

I'm going to go pick up Ware now...

Just a long time eagles fan used to how Reid makes decisions.  Early season I went Darrel over Darwin too for the same reason.  Worked out.

i like the looks of Darwin, def deserves a shot. I’ll just bet on Reid being Reid.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, phillyball said:

I bet you're right.  It's why Darrell was playing over Darwin all season.  I'm not sure if it'll be Ware right away but it's why McCoy and/or Damien will slot right back ahead of him.

I could see Darwin getting a handful of carries as he is electric but I can't see him being out there for many passing situations.  Gotta remember he played that last game in a blowout situation where they were just killing clock.

He could still turn into a Sproles type player but the thing with Sproles as I almost never felt good about starting him because his usage was so unpredictable.   The best case here probably yields the same result IMO.

1 hour ago, Pooskay said:

This guy will make headlines when he scores double digit points vs. NE. 

Get him while you can.

Don't understand the optimism. 

McCoy has probably been saved for the late season push which is here. Damien could be back. Now Ware in the mix.

This thread reads like one of those where you read all the old replies the week after a bust-out and chuckle. Depends on your league/bench but there are worse darts out there. 

Darwin makes a play at the 1:25 mark in the clip is what the offense has been missing since Hunt was exiles. And BTW I believe Darwin has the potential to have a Kareem Hunt-like debut as a lead back if he get his touches

Edited by Watitdookie

3 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

Darwin makes a play at the 1:25 mark in the clip is what the offense has been missing since Hunt was booted for being a f'n cowardly punk

fixed for accuracy. 

• Haha 1

Still having a hard time finding the optimism here. Even if Damien is out 

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

fixed for accuracy. 

I dont call a violent person a coward.  I call them a violent person.  Hunt has a history of violent altercations regardless of the victim. A coward is someone who lacks courage and operates on fear or has a strong aversion to danger.

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

I dont call a violent person a coward.  I call them a violent person.  Hunt has a history of violent altercations regardless of the victim. A coward is someone who lacks courage and operates on fear or has a strong aversion to danger.

thanks, brah

im'ma use this pretzel logic next time i have to explain why i kicked a defenseless chick who was already on the ground 👍

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

thanks, brah

im'ma use this pretzel logic next time i have to explain why i kicked a defenseless chick who was already on the ground 👍

Happy to help brah, education is a powerful thing 👍

I own him and I will admit that this guy is going to burn a lot of people this week that start him.  Hopefully most who got him are just stashing to see what we have...

This still  feels like a "show me something" week and more comfort starting in Week 15. Unless A) You need him or B. You have big marbles.

They say receiving back can beat the Pats.

I wish Darrel was healthy though... sigh.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, phillyball said:

Andy Reid stated that most significant   attribute that Darwin has most improved is in Pass Protection!!

6 hours ago, austin316 said:

This still  feels like a "show me something" week and more comfort starting in Week 15. Unless A) You need him or B. You have big marbles.

They say receiving back can beat the Pats.

I wish Darrel was healthy though... sigh.

I just picked him up to block my opponent....I do think this is true, it's been the glaring "weakness" of the Pats D all year....

This would be a dart throw regular season flex but no way in hell I’m flexing him in the playoffs. He’s gonna get less than 5 fantasy points in PPR.

• Like 2