wendellrott

Darwin Thompson 2019 Outlook

8 hours ago, Watitdookie said:

Andy Reid stated that most significant   attribute that Darwin has most improved is in Pass Protection!!

Ha!  Well, there it is.  Maybe it’s time.  

Darwin feels like a 5 number scratch off lottery ticket and 3 winning numbers are showing with 2 more to scratch(lesean,Damien). . .🤣

• Like 2

Just now, dashoe said:

Darwin feels like a 5 number scratch off lottery ticket and 3 winning numbers are showing with 2 more to scratch(lesean,Damien). . .🤣

dont forget Ware lol

• Haha 2

Chiefs placed RB Darrel Williams (hamstring) on injured reserve.

The Chiefs will move forward with Damien Williams (ribs), LeSean McCoy, Darwin Thompson and recently-signed RB Spencer Ware. This figures to be a committee, as coach Andy Reid stated, "We’re not fooling anybody here, (McCoy)’s not getting any younger, so it’s my responsibility to manage him as best I can, and I think I know him as well as anybody." McCoy could very well lead the Chiefs backfield in snaps and touches if both Damien and Darrel are sidelined in Week 14. Still, it seems incredibly likely that the team's sixth-round rookie will also be involved.

No matter how you put it, Darwin is going to get run! Whether patriots are up big or the chiefs winning big, Darwin is going to get some run in garbage time. If it’s a crucial moment in the game, Darwin will be in the game! And he’ll have already made a impact in the game to warrant him to be on the field to back up my reasoning!!You know why Darwin is the X Factor to beating the pats or at less giving them something to worry about! So Nuff said!! Let’s do this thang bwahhh!!

Edited by Watitdookie
  • Thanks 1

League Winner or BUST?

He'll get more opportunities but with McCoy healthy and the signing of Ware. Its gonna be a full blown committee.

I wouldn't start but if you have a slot,  I would hold and see what happens this week.

Lol Ware should not be seen as a threat. He's just a backup.

It's basically a two-man show right now - McCoy and Thompson.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Lol Ware should not be seen as a threat. He's just a backup.

It's basically a two-man show right now - McCoy and Thompson.

Ware is a backup until Mcoy or Darwin screw up or get injured. Do not underestimate Wares ability to immediately plug into and contribute in a rbbc. He is literally out of mcoy and darwin the most knowledgeable about the playbook and assignments of the rb role in the Reid offense. 

he doesnt need to takeover, he only needs to take enough touches from mcoy or darwin to make one of them useless for fantasy purposes. 

This time last year he was the #2 until he was injured and Damien stepped up

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Ware is a backup until Mcoy or Darwin screw up or get injured.

Exactly, just a backup.

I'm well aware of Ware 😉  Ex-KC who tore his ACL and was never anything special as a starter.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Exactly, just a backup.

I'm well aware of Ware 😉  Ex-KC who tore his ACL and was never anything special as a starter.

You mean like how Darwin was the backup to the backup to the backup within the last month? 

REID is committed to a RBBC, there has not been a single move he has made during the last 13 weeks that indicates this will change.  Assume Ware is a relevant addition to the rotation of Mcoy+Darwin if Damien does not return.

I do think in the critical games going forward with Damien out mccoy will get the bulk of whatever touches Reid allocates to the rb's which will make him fantasy relevant.  I dont see Darwin being fantasy relevant with mccoy or damien healthy. Darwin does not have the size that darrrell had to properly fill his role

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/5/2019 at 7:12 AM, Hatfieldodger said:

Is he a good stash in Dynasty Keeper leagues? 

If ever there was a better year to draft a running back,

and if ever there was a team who needed to draft a running back more,

I would be shocked.

So I'm guessing these next few weeks are it for Darwin.

Sharks in my dynasty league were not interested in biting.

• Like 1

On 12/5/2019 at 8:52 AM, austin316 said:

Chiefs placed RB Darrel Williams (hamstring) on injured reserve.

The Chiefs will move forward with Damien Williams (ribs), LeSean McCoy, Darwin Thompson and recently-signed RB Spencer Ware. This figures to be a committee, as coach Andy Reid stated, "We’re not fooling anybody here, (McCoy)’s not getting any younger, so it’s my responsibility to manage him as best I can, and I think I know him as well as anybody." McCoy could very well lead the Chiefs backfield in snaps and touches if both Damien and Darrel are sidelined in Week 14. Still, it seems incredibly likely that the team's sixth-round rookie will also be involved.

Wasn't that quote from a few weeks ago though?

anyone rolling the dice with darwin? Josh Jacobs might be out and not sure if I got the balls to start him against Patriots first round

3 hours ago, brosephd said:

anyone rolling the dice with darwin? Josh Jacobs might be out and not sure if I got the balls to start him against Patriots first round

I got Jacobs out and still not starting Darwin. Too risky. Have to see more of how Andy Reid trusts him.