Sign in to follow this  
crotchcrickets

Randy Arozarena 2019 Outlook

Cardinals purchased the contract of OF Randy Arozarena from Triple-A Memphis.

Arozarena has lit it up to the tune of a .349/.435/.547 batting line with 10 home runs and 16 stolen bases in 80 games this season between Double-A Springfield and Triple-A Memphis. The 24-year-old from Cuba could get regular playing time in the Cardinals' outfield while Jose Martinez recovers from an AC shoulder sprain and is probably worth a shot in deeper mixed fantasy leagues.

Aug 12, 2019, 2:57 PM ET
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Never knew he existed until this thread, so thanks.... as long as he gets to play regularly, which I don't see why he wouldn't. 😀

Always worth a flier if you have roster space for a guy with 15hr/20sb potential with room for more if things fall right.

• Like 1

While I am a Harrison Bader fan and he has done pretty solid since heading to AAA, if this guy comes up and does well, combined with the Lane Thomas development, and Dexter Fowler$, the Cards may ship off Bader in the off-season. Maybe part of a package of some sort. 

Just in time to see him sit the bench.  I wonder why they called him up if they aren't going to at least try to get him everyday ABs.  Might have to jump ship already if he's not going to get everyday ABs.  There's already been several other prospects that got called up recently, and can't keep them all around unless they get everyday ABs.

Was going to say I can already tell this was a wasted pickup, good stuff STL. They even alluded to him getting inconsistent playing time when mentioning calling him up before it was official, shoulda known better.

Edited by KrunK

4 hours ago, KrunK said:

Was going to say I can already tell this was a wasted pickup, good stuff STL. They even alluded to him getting inconsistent playing time when mentioning calling him up before it was official, shoulda known better.

[...] Hopefully he can get in a few games and get something going. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story