Dirtbag

LeBron James 2019-2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

source? He is currently day to day. 

Fantasy labs had it but it shows “some time” now re-aggravated an ugly injury doubt he’s day-to-day 

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Reportedly could miss weeks. Kuzma szn is among us 

If he is injured again for weeks, like I said earlier, it was no reason for him to play that darn Christmas day game. This will play out like last season and the Lakers will drop to like 4th/5th seed.

7 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

If he is injured again for weeks, like I said earlier, it was no reason for him to play that darn Christmas day game. This will play out like last season and the Lakers will drop to like 4th/5th seed.

I agree Lebron needs to accept that he needs rest. I get he dislikes Kawhi and doesn’t want to manage his load but Lebron is no spring chicken and comeback playoff time he will screw himself

Maybe he should just give up running and jumping, or playing in Christmas Day games.  You could tell something wasn't right on the last play of the game (for the Lakers) when he had no elevation on the Beverley play knocking the ball out of his hands off his hands.  I am ok with him missing a few second games of back-to-backs.  The key is for him to be healthy and playing come playoff time, and for the Lakers to need him to play.

21 minutes ago, reverb said:

???

0 PTS at the half vs ORL? What's happening here?

What game are you watching? He doesnt have 0 points at the half, he has 4 points with 1 minute remaining before the first half ends. Put your glasses back on.

Just now, Johnnyapplebot said:

What game are you watching? He doesnt have 0 points at the half, he has 4 points with 1 minute remaining before the first half ends. Put your glasses back on.

Wow. My app definitely said it was at the half so I was confused. Only 4 more points at the half though? Still pretty alarming.

7 minutes ago, reverb said:

Wow. My app definitely said it was at the half so I was confused. Only 4 more points at the half though? Still pretty alarming.

Look at the bright side. 4 points is quadruple the point production you thought he had so thats encouraging.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

Look at the bright side. 4 points is quadruple the point production you thought he had so thats encouraging.

0*4 = 0

I know what you meant though haha. 

Edited by j3rkthenurk
  • Like 1

Am i the only one seeing this game knowing thats it for LeBron? Hes been in the decline for years but masked it. Idk maybe cause of trying to be a pure PG now but when it seems like he decides to be his old self more times than not hes really not. Hes still great right now but damn father time.

Just got LBJ and B Clarke for Drummond and Spida...im feeling good about it...

On 1/18/2020 at 7:09 PM, Johnnyapplebot said:

Hes been in the decline for years but masked it

Um...what?

His career averages are 27/7/7.  His numbers the last 4 years have been:

26/8/9

28/9/9

27/9/8

25/8/11

Guy is in his 17th season and is 35, obviously he's not gonna be playing like a 22 year old and tomahawking it over 3 people every play, but I'm not seeing this "decline" you're talking about

• Like 2

I can kinda see it. His shot selection has been gradually getting further and further away from the basket. FG% down. FT attempts down. To be sure, it’s barely perceptible lol. He’s still an MVP candidate.

37 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Um...what?

His career averages are 27/7/7.  His numbers the last 4 years have been:

26/8/9

28/9/9

27/9/8

25/8/11

Guy is in his 17th season and is 35, obviously he's not gonna be playing like a 22 year old and tomahawking it over 3 people every play, but I'm not seeing this "decline" you're talking about

The eye test bro! Stats don’t tell the whole story. You can tell he is a step slower, not as agile as he used to be, he has hurt his groin about twice in the past years (injuries catching up), his FG% is below 50% for the first time in like 8 years. 

11 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

The eye test bro! Stats don’t tell the whole story. You can tell he is a step slower, not as agile as he used to be, he has hurt his groin about twice in the past years (injuries catching up), his FG% is below 50% for the first time in like 8 years. 

He's also attempting more 3s, more than 6 a game shooting 48.9% overall. How many point forwards are shooting even that high with the amount of 3s attempted along with 10.8 assists? 

52 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

He's also attempting more 3s, more than 6 a game shooting 48.9% overall. How many point forwards are shooting even that high with the amount of 3s attempted along with 10.8 assists? 

Well that is what @My Dinner With Andresaid. His shot selection has gotten further and further away from the basket. Maybe because they don’t really have a reliable three point threat (Green, KCP, Kuzma) have been all but consistent.

im sure coasting and winning has nothing to do with it. smh. save it for when it matters

Edited by colepenhagen

Obviously, he is a step slower than when he was younger.  He can still initiate the offense and drive to the hoop when he needs to.  His age, or maybe experience, shows more on the defensive end where his effort often lacks.  Of course, Larry Bird made a career out of his offense being his defense.  All you need to do is score more than your opponent. ,

Let's see what happens in playoffs and if father time has arrived.  I think this is the last season of prime LeBron. He is playing 35 minutes per game and Lakers cannot afford to give him any rest in regular season. If they lose #1 seed they will not make it to the finals

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Let's see what happens in playoffs and if father time has arrived.  I think this is the last season of prime LeBron. He is playing 35 minutes per game and Lakers cannot afford to give him any rest in regular season. If they lose #1 seed they will not make it to the finals

People have been saying this since 2017.

13 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

You make it seem like he’s playing heavy minutes.

His minutes per game are a career low this year.

16 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

You make it seem like he’s playing heavy minutes.

His minutes per game are a career low this year.

35 minutes vs Kings are different from 35 min vs Clippers, Nuggets,  etc where you cannot take possessions off on defence. And there is no one who can help  create offense like Irwing and Wade. No taking possessions of on offense too.

14 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

I don’t get this narrative at all. Their biggest foes are the LA Clippers. More than likely these 2 teams will be in the WCF. And they are playing in the same building. So how much home court advantages are there? And it is worth all those mileages? Just saying. 

Keep in mind, I hate the load management crap that is going on. But think of a bigger picture. 

Without looking them up, can you name the number 1 seeds for the last 5-10 years? Now how about the NBA champs? Yup that is my point. 

Will Lakers win potential series against Nuggets  or Jazz if they don't have home court advantage?  Imo against Jazz maybe, against Nuggest no