Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

8/13 - GAME DAY THREAD

6 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Giolito's dramatic improvement from last year to this year is not a norm. Citing one specific case is not a valid argument. I've watched him pitch several times. I'm not buying him next year. What would you project his ERA, WHIP, K/9 and bb/9 to be next year?

You didn't ask me but I'm thinking something around 4.25/1.25/9.25/3.75 is a fair projection. The reason why I said he'll be a great late round value is that he has a ceiling that can be much better than that.

1 minute ago, sleepysock said:

You didn't ask me but I'm thinking something around 4.25/1.25/9.25/3.75 is a fair projection. The reason why I said he'll be a great late round value is that he has a ceiling that can be much better than that.

I don’t mind you answering. I know you’re probably higher on Cease than most but I appreciate posters willing to stand behind their beliefs in a player. Of your projection the value that I think is unrealistic is the WHIP of 1.25. ZIPS projects him at 1.49 next year and while that may be a little harsh, I don’t think there’s much chance for it being under 1.35. As a general drafting philosophy I tend to steer clear of high WHIP guys which is why I’m not interested in him next year. I see the potential in his stuff, but I don’t think he’s ready to make that leap yet.

1 minute ago, meh2 said:

I don’t mind you answering. I know you’re probably higher on Cease than most but I appreciate posters willing to stand behind their beliefs in a player. Of your projection the value that I think is unrealistic is the WHIP of 1.25. ZIPS projects him at 1.49 next year and while that may be a little harsh, I don’t think there’s much chance for it being under 1.35. As a general drafting philosophy I tend to steer clear of high WHIP guys which is why I’m not interested in him next year. I see the potential in his stuff, but I don’t think he’s ready to make that leap yet.

I no longer look at ZIPS, especially for young players, bc of how way off it is so much of the time. I'd rather go with my gut/research + the projections of those who I trust.

WHIP could certainly be 1.30+. I do think next year he'll miss more bats and issue fewer walks than he is at the moment. We'll see. What gets me is that 7 starts in he still has a sub-2.00 BB/9 after his first trip through the order. When he settles in, the command is there. Why he's so erratic to start each outing is something I'm sure they will try to unravel in the offseason. This was also an issue for him in AAA.

Just now, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Means is getting hammered. 

I started him because my team ERA is already junk. Not really sure what I was thinking on this one. I think the Yanks could lineup a blind kangaroo and he'd rake.

6 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Means is getting hammered. 

Its because D German is pitching for the Yankees and nobody is even close to get the amount of run support he gets every time he pitches.Yanks even blasted Sale for a bunch of runs in one of his starts. Seems like the Yankees score 10 runs every time he is the starter. Luckest pitcher in baseball

Clevinger getting BABIPED so far, 5 hours hits added allowed on 6 balls in play.

5 minutes ago, Trexpenniebaker said:

Its because D German is pitching for the Yankees and nobody is even close to get the amount of run support he gets every time he pitches.Yanks even blasted Sale for a bunch of runs in one of his starts. Seems like the Yankees score 10 runs every time he is the starter. Luckest pitcher in baseball

Yeah.  I really don’t think it’s luck at this point with the Bombers versus Baltimore

Just now, BMcP said:

Yeah.  I really don’t think it’s luck at this point with the Bombers versus Baltimore

LOL great point. No one really needs to get lucky against the Ohs. 

4 minutes ago, BayofPuigs said:

Dustin May with a 3 run cushion after Seager’s blast. 

source.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Santander with another HR. So many guys out of nowhere this year with excellent offensive numbers.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Will Smith baseball player >>>>>>>>> Will Smith actor

Fresh Royalty Heather White T-Shirt Front

You bite your damn tongue.

• Haha 1

And that’s why my league mate dropped Boyd. 3 runs through 4 innings against the M’s. Why did I add him?